What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Haha. Im actually going to treat you seriously for a second. The journo basically asks him about his confidence in his team... what do you atually want him to say?

Honestly, what should he say there? "Not very confident, we're not as good as they and we probably cant beat em... guess we'll call it quits now"

His team is in 3rd place on the ladder, this raiders team could beat any team in the league on their day. Why shouldnt he beleive they can win the comp?
Jesus wept.

Youd think he would learn from 2016 when he said the same thing.

Great win, but dont party like its the finals yet stick.

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
Richard “Sticky” Stuart should hold his head high. The Canberra Raiders nearly got the job done despite some contentious decisions.

mave

Coach
Ricky should be more worried about the team photos and laps of honour after the Melbourne game, than anything that happened vs Manly.

Raiders played a GF last weekend .

The loss today was the one they needed, similar to the Manly loss to the Warriors.

Raiders will bounce back hard next weekend.

nick87

Coach
We lost a game by 4 points in which 8 points were scored directly off an intercept by a player offside.
Nothing about today's loss had anything to do with anything we did after the melbourne game haha

mave

Coach
We lost a game by 4 points in which 8 points were scored directly off an intercept by a player offside.
Nothing about today's loss had anything to do with anything we did after the melbourne game haha

If your happy with your team losing today after carrying on like it was a GF win last week, then good luck to you.

Me personally, I would have been damn worried if my team celebrated like that when we beat Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, but each to their own.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Ricky should be more worried about the team photos and laps of honour after the Melbourne game, than anything that happened vs Manly.

Raiders played a GF last weekend .

The loss today was the one they needed, similar to the Manly loss to the Warriors.

Raiders will bounce back hard next weekend.

The team photo was at the request of a photographer not some sort of celebration, and there was no lap of honour, I'd know I was at the game. . .

nick87

Coach
If your happy with your team losing today after carrying on like it was a GF win last week, then good luck to you.

Me personally, I would have been damn worried if my team celebrated like that when we beat Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, but each to their own.

Im not happy or not happy. It played no role in what happened today haha

Wait... are you saying the reason the eagles won today was because the Raiders got complacent and were feeling their oates a bit and thus put in a performance well below their best?
Or plainly stated, the better team lost a game they should have won and probably will win next time when the stakes a higher?

Cool. Sure. Ill take that.
Wild that you'd down play your own team like that, but you know them better than i. Fascinating insight.

mave

Coach
Im not happy or not happy. It played no role in what happened today haha

Wait... are you saying the reason the eagles won today was because the Raiders got complacent and were feeling their oates a bit and thus put in a performance well below their best?
Or plainly stated, the better team lost a game they should have won and probably will win next time when the stakes a higher?

Cool. Sure. Ill take that.
Wild that you'd down play your own team like that, but you know them better than i. Fascinating insight.

They had numerous flat spots yesterday. Often happens after a win vs Melbourne, as noted in the game day thread after your Melb victory, and also in the Game day thread before the Manly game.

Yeah, I dont think the team photos thing helped them at all. Like I said, I would have been most worried if DCE let Manly do that.
It was Round 22, not the GF.

Under the radar, baby.

The Enforcer

Juniors
They had numerous flat spots yesterday. Often happens after a win vs Melbourne, as noted in the game day thread after your Melb victory, and also in the Game day thread before the Manly game.

Yeah, I dont think the team photos thing helped them at all. Like I said, I would have been most worried if DCE let Manly do that.
It was Round 22, not the GF.

Under the radar, baby.
Yeah carrying on like they won the GF last week is under the radar stuff :rofl:

mave

Coach
Yeah carrying on like they won the GF last week is under the radar stuff :rofl:

Do you understand the concept of answering a 3 paragraph post with another 3 paragraph post, and how the 1st paragraph quoted corellates with the 1st paragraph response.

Im guessing the answer is a big "no".

The Enforcer

Juniors
Do you understand the concept of answering a 3 paragraph post with another 3 paragraph post, and how the 1st paragraph quoted corellates with the 1st paragraph response.

Im guessing the answer is a big "no".
It's a little "no" as I'm flying under the radar.

Latest posts