What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

mongoose

Coach
Whenever a team scores a try, Fox plays a particular sound effect i.e for the Tigers it's a growl, ditto the Panthers, for the Storm it's a thunderclap. Currently for the Raiders it's the sound of the horn, but they should change it to the sound of a text message beep.

LOL, or maybe it should be whenever the other team scores or a penalty goes against the Raiders.

GAZF

First Grade
Has anyone heard the alleged audio of said supercoach blowing up after a game that’s doing the rounds??? Quite funny
I like the part how he talks about quarters, which are a fundamental part of RL. I also enjoyed it 3-4 years ago when they trotted out the exact same audio.

nick87

Coach
Hahah, i have great pity for anyone who listened to that and thought it was Stuart
Firstly its f**king clear the coach in question is talking about an AFL game, secondly, it sounds nothing like Stuart! :D:D

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hahah, i have great pity for anyone who listened to that and thought it was Stuart
Firstly its f**king clear the coach in question is talking about an AFL game, secondly, it sounds nothing like Stuart! :D:D
I haven't heard the audio myself but was the phrase stick solid uttered ??

Hawkins

Juniors
she showed a little heart, better than her partner. Maybe we should try her up front, couldn't hurt.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Everybody hates Ricky.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/netba...k/news-story/d0d1b9a403ff11bc7c397357ac7246f3

Furious netball stars slam Ricky Stuart over demeaning insult
MAY 14, 202111:06am

Emma Greenwood
NCA NewsWire
Furious netball players and figures says Ricky Stuart should be “embarrassed” after the Canberra Raiders

“Unfortunately, it’s a lack of understanding of our game – and that in itself is disappointing.

“I didn’t want to give it any oxygen which is why I didn’t weigh in when I (first) saw it but I think that upon reflection I think he’d be quite embarrassed by that.”

Garbin, who will turn out for the Swifts against the Melbourne Vixens at Sydney’s Ken Rosewall Arena on Sunday in her side’s first Super Netball home game since the 2019 preliminary final, said Stuart’s assessment was just flat out wrong.

“(When we won the premiership), 2019, was probably our most challenging year and I can tell you there were a lot of tough conversations going on,” she said.

“People get dropped from teams, get put in teams, there’s lots of ups and downs in netball and I think people need to come to a game to see how tough it really is.”

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Everybody hates Ricky.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/netba...k/news-story/d0d1b9a403ff11bc7c397357ac7246f3

Furious netball stars slam Ricky Stuart over demeaning insult
MAY 14, 202111:06am

Emma Greenwood
NCA NewsWire
Furious netball players and figures says Ricky Stuart should be “embarrassed” after the Canberra Raiders

“Unfortunately, it’s a lack of understanding of our game – and that in itself is disappointing.

“I didn’t want to give it any oxygen which is why I didn’t weigh in when I (first) saw it but I think that upon reflection I think he’d be quite embarrassed by that.”

Garbin, who will turn out for the Swifts against the Melbourne Vixens at Sydney’s Ken Rosewall Arena on Sunday in her side’s first Super Netball home game since the 2019 preliminary final, said Stuart’s assessment was just flat out wrong.

“(When we won the premiership), 2019, was probably our most challenging year and I can tell you there were a lot of tough conversations going on,” she said.

“People get dropped from teams, get put in teams, there’s lots of ups and downs in netball and I think people need to come to a game to see how tough it really is.”

Complete and silly over reaction
I love bagging sticky like the next bloke , but seriously

myrrh ken

First Grade
Honestly, Sticky couldn't hack the pashun of those vocal netball crowds.

And those seats are bolted down, so no kicking either

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been on planes to and from perth with a number of the pro netball teams, those ladies are super fit! Ricky is a dinosaur, there should be no surprise he would use women or women's sport to infer weakness.

Incorrect

Coach
Ricky is going to cop it on all cylinders on Offsiders this Sunday morning... Lisa Alexander is sure to be on the panel ready to rip Ricky a new cornchute...