What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Floodwaters

Juniors
I'd assume Ricky will be receiving the Dally M coach of the year. Congrats in advance King.

They are going to finish 14-10, quite a few seasons that'd be good enough for 4th or slightly higher. Last season 10-14 was good enough for 8th, this season Broncos are going to miss out with 14-10.

BadnMean

Juniors
I think Ron Massey's influence in helping Ricky recognise WGDP's has been overlooked. I believe it was Grassy Grannell of the Lithgow Shamrocks who first actually taught Ron to recognise them, who then in turn taught Ricky.

In fact thinking of people as dogs is revealed to be a central plank of their shared coaching philosophy... Outlined in the article about Ricky & Ron below
“We were just talking about players one day, and he said ‘Players are like dogs, mate. They can sniff the confidence on their coach but they also sniff the lack of’,” Stuart said, his Raiders now chasing their 12th win from their past 16 starts.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...unlikely-raiders-revival-20220829-p5bdma.html

Fangs

Coach
Ricky's Raiders are on fire. Loving the enthusiasm and energy he has injected into his team.

Well done to Ricky. I didn’t have them in my top 8 at the start of the season but they are playing some up tempo footy at the moment.

luv my panfas

Juniors
That WOULD be funny

What would be funnier, is them winning, making the 8 and Stuart getting to spend one final weeks living in the heads of hundreds of thousands of RL fans around the country. What an entrepreneur he is to have collected such a vast, and diverse property portfolio
I mean look at poor old Pink Panther amongst the many here, he's driven him to the brink of insanity.
All well and good but he will lose one of those so called properties when salmons QC KICKS HIS ARSE

nick87

Coach
haha ah yes, that slam dunk defamation case.
Maybe the weak gutted dog person is just waiting until the end of the season and THEN he'll take ol sitck to the cleaners.

Yes, that's it. That surely must be it!

Last edited:

Sphagnum

Coach
Did anyone really doubt him though. When he destroyed Salmon in that presser he was just firing a shot across the bow of some of the pea-hearts in his team.

wittyfan

Referee
I was shocked that the Roosters v Rabbitohs was banished to Sunday, always assumed it was probably going to be Storm v Raiders.

I was shocked that the Roosters v Rabbitohs was banished to Sunday, always assumed it was probably going to be Storm v Raiders.

Both the SMH (see linik posted up thread) and a similar article by Fox sports (source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/5de9bb12e4c3efab6cc31fc226c2534a) say something similar as to the rationale -

The second week of finals is said to be the deciding factor, with the winner of the first elimination clash set to play the loser of the finals’ curtain raiser.

That would see either the Raiders or Storm take on the Panthers or Eels, likely on Friday in the second week of the finals series.

As such, the Raiders if they'd play this Sunday would then be blowing up about that too.

edabomb

First Grade
Ah yes this old chestnut thread, where fans waiting for their 1995 Kevvie pog, Madge Maguire signed 97 Rams jersey or 99.9% dna confirmed Nathan Brown blonde surfie strand to arrive in the mail rip into Ricky the magnificent.