What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Floodwaters

Juniors
Hmm yes it's remarkable he hasn't had any shit teams despite rarely signing any established first graders from other teams. I wonder how that works (cheating aside, obviously). Who do you reckon makes them good? Maybe its the trainers.

05-10 - Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Smith, Folau, Crocker, Johnson, Hoffman, Cross, J. Smith.. then the lesser likes King, Quinn, Turner, Geyer, Lima - I could coach them to a premiership, he coached them to zero as they were both stripped!

Perth Red

Post Whore
05-10 - Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Smith, Folau, Crocker, Johnson, Hoffman, Cross, J. Smith.. then the lesser likes King, Quinn, Turner, Geyer, Lima - I could coach them to a premiership, he coached them to zero as they were both stripped!
5 minor premierships in 12 years. End of debate.

MugaB

Coach
you pair prove me right every time, pair of absolute dumbasses. Over rated does not mean I think Bellamy is shit it means I don't think his body of work deserves the heights he is seen at in the rugby league world. He hasn't once had a shit team, therefore not proven himself imo. Often had stacked teams.
He has had state of origin stacked team and failed, as club coach he is pretty damn good at getting the best out of what he has got, add some stars and made premierships out of it, most players improve under their system

mongoose

Coach
He won a premiership after Slater and Cronk left though in 2020. He still had C. Smith but Bellamy has to take some credit for bringing through players like Hughes, Papenhauzen, Grant, B. Smith. Munster has gone to another level after the big 3 left as well. Of course going by your opinions you probably consider all these players duds lol

Saxon

Bench
Just worth noting, the names in bold on your list all made their first grade debuts for Storm! Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Smith and Folau all came through Melbourne's feeder club Norths Devils in Brisbane.

YoungPanther

Juniors
I stand corrected.

All hail the great one.

After a 50 point drubbing, he lets the players coach themselves for a week and beat the Bronco's, so he could focus on the game plan for yesterday's thriller. Wise beyond his years I tell ya.

Fangs

Coach
Richard 'Killer' Stuart will likely be responsible for ending the coaching career of Anthony Griffin.

Its a tough business and only the fittest survive.

Fangs

Coach

Latest posts