What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Pumpkin

Juniors
Ricky is a very emotional character and his emotional fluctuations are based on irrational thoughts. His team plays accordingly, sometimes putting in amazing performances and other times performing dismally, losing badly to teams you would expect them to beat. I think Wighton has made a good move. It's not all about money. Players are not going to be remembered for how much money they've made. They will be remembered for their achievements.

A man shows emotion and he's called a manipulator, hypocrite, narcissist, sook, bully and just a straight up merkin.

I guess men have to be men on LU, yet when Manly players didn't want to wear a rainbow jersey for the alphabet community LU was oh so woke all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Sticky's on a 3 game run.

Incorrect

Coach
A man shows emotion and he's called a manipulator, hypocrite, narcissist, sook, bully and just a straight up merkin.

I guess men have to be men on LU, yet when Manly players didn't want to wear a rainbow jersey for the alphabet community LU was oh so woke all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Sticky's on a 3 game run.
No problems with showing emotion. It was just a really trivial, if not irrelevant, thing to get emotional about.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
All of the passion that Ricky displays has unfortunately given him tiny face disease

BN0wTxFCcAIL1cc.jpg

Apey

Staff member
No problems with showing emotion. It was just a really trivial, if not irrelevant, thing to get emotional about.
I love paying off Ricky as much as the next poster but I'm pretty sure he was getting emotional over Wighton leaving which is not really that surprising? He's been a cornerstone of this Raiders team for a long time. Not sure what the fuss is about this.

nick87

Coach
I love paying off Ricky as much as the next poster but I'm pretty sure he was getting emotional over Wighton leaving which is not really that surprising? He's been a cornerstone of this Raiders team for a long time. Not sure what the fuss is about this.

We all like to have a laugh at Stick but a coach getting emotional about losing a player he’s invested a lot over the last decade and a player for whom he’s shared a very close bond with seems pretty normal

for the first time in a long time I actually had some sympathy for him. He’s not remotely up to the task but you can’t doubt he’s got his whole heart and soul invested in this club and it’s players

King-Gutho94

Coach
The hypocrisy of Canberra and Ricky slandering the deal in the media.

And now Ricky is blaming the media about it.

Why would kent be so unhinged about it on 360 when he speaks to Ricky everyday and best mates.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
The hypocrisy of Canberra and Ricky slandering the deal in the media.

And now Ricky is blaming the media about it.

Why would kent be so unhinged about it on 360 when he speaks to Ricky everyday and best mates.
Brother its been over a decade. Its time to let go of the Ricky hate and embrace the Baldy Arthur hate.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah Ricky's a f**kwit, but I do have some sympathy for him and the club with this. If Wighton had inked a big money deal for his last big contract that'd be one thing, but he's taken unders to play with his mate in another environment. I'm sure plenty of people in and around the club are thinking "wait, aren't we your mates too?"