What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Wb1234

Referee
Almost beat a red hot roosters outfit in the grand final before you know what happened

Isaac Moses told Bateman he could get him more that set the run on the poms

the English imports were killing it

Chimp

Bench
Be interesting to see what they say on 365 this week. There’s been pretty much zero talk about the Raiders in the media so far this year, and nothing since this weekends game, yet they’re arguably as bad as the Tigers, and way worse than the Dragons - surely the Raiders, with their squad, should be attracting as much heat, if not more.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Be interesting to see what they say on 365 this week. There’s been pretty much zero talk about the Raiders in the media so far this year, and nothing since this weekends game, yet they’re arguably as bad as the Tigers, and way worse than the Dragons - surely the Raiders, with their squad, should be attracting as much heat, if not more.
Crawley has already set the agenda in the paper today.

Cleary is a smug prick for saying good karma about salmon scoring a try.

Nothing about Ricky or Canberra's performance.

Haffa

Pascoe is going to take all the heat. Not a single story on Fox Sports about Sticky.

mongoose

Coach
I'm not happy with Sticky's coaching but he has taken the Raiders to 3 prelim finals since 2016 which is a hell of a lot better than some other clubs. The Raiders will probably have to get the wooden spoon this year before the media start to seriously questions his position.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm not happy with Sticky's coaching but he has taken the Raiders to 3 prelim finals since 2016 which is a hell of a lot better than some other clubs. The Raiders will probably have to get the wooden spoon this year before the media start to seriously questions his position.
Stick could torture a kitten during a press conference then root it and the media would defend it. Kent would run a campaign how the kittens mum scratched one of his kids 10 years ago or some shit and the kitten was from a bad family and had it coming. They will never go after him for his coaching.

MugaB

Coach
Stick could torture a kitten during a press conference then root it and the media would defend it. Kent would run a campaign how the kittens mum scratched one of his kids 10 years ago or some shit and the kitten was from a bad family and had it coming. They will never go after him for his coaching.
That kitten was a Weak gutted Cat

Salmon is the Albert Fulevai of the modern era Panthers.

That one guy you can't believe is in a premiership winning squad, but he somehow is and scores the odd try now and then.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Cause Ricky isn't going anywhere. Long may Canberra suffer.
I don't mind the Raiders. My uncle and cousins support them.

They are similar to parramatta in a way had one golden generation and won nothing since.

There last premiership was the year I was born 1994.

So I am the same age as there premiership drought. So there is a bit of a connection even if haven't supported them.

Plus its nice to have a budding club stay with us when it comes to droughts.

They got shafted in 2019 I felt sorry for there long suffering fans and players. No one deserves to lose a GF like that.

Didn't feel sorry for sticky though. He won't get any sympathy from me.