What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

skeepe

Immortal
Not a Ricky fan, but at the end: can you call six again and when they drop it, upgrade to a penalty?
If it’s for offside, yes, because the play being penalised is still in progress and there was no advantage.

if it’s for a ruck infringement no, because the play the ball means the play being penalised is over.

Fangs

Coach
They probably should have won yesterday but squandered a number of chances to ice the game.

Ricky is in for a big 2024.

MugaB

Coach
They probably should have won yesterday but squandered a number of chances to ice the game.

Ricky is in for a big 2024.
Not really, his club loves to back him, and having simple jack leaving gives him an excuse, coz theyve lost a marquee, without being able to replace him, if ricky makes the finals again its would be another miracle

Fangs

Coach
Not really, his club loves to back him, and having simple jack leaving gives him an excuse, coz theyve lost a marquee, without being able to replace him, if ricky makes the finals again its would be another miracle

Lost their marquee and he hasn't been at that level for a while now. Better off without him.

They've got some good talent coming through. While I need to see every top 30 before 2024 right now I don't see a reason for them to miss the 8.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Lost their marquee and he hasn't been at that level for a while now. Better off without him.

They've got some good talent coming through. While I need to see every top 30 before 2024 right now I don't see a reason for them to miss the 8.
Was saying this to my son (mad Raiders fan) - They have some great talent coming up through the grades. Keep developing them and tread water until they're ready, premierships (or at least thereabouts for an extended amount of time) will come.

hrundi99

First Grade
Not a Ricky fan, but at the end: can you call six again and when they drop it, upgrade to a penalty?
There was an image that Fox put up saying the penalty was for high contact from Wighton, but on the NRL app it says it was for Young being offside.

Surely the answer to your question is no, though, right?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
lol “performance review” for Ricky?
With his best mate from school and a board who calls him the golden child?

you really are a dumb motherf**ker

TOP 2…
Until next year xoxo

It's fascinating seeing other fans think Stuart has any real pressure on him lol..

The Canberra times is essentially a Raiders propaganda outlet to add to the frustration

There was an image that Fox put up saying the penalty was for high contact from Wighton, but on the NRL app it says it was for Young being offside.

Surely the answer to your question is no, though, right?
Doesn’t this happen quite regularly; ie a six again given and then if the player involved in being offside forces an error a penalty is given. To me that is how it should be.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Will depend on their draw. Had the easiest rated one for 2023 and just snuck into the 8 with a dif of -110. Also won 3 games (2 v WTs and 1 v Dolph) by less then a try where Annesley confirmed after the fact they had tries allowed which shouldn’t have been. Played some origin affected teams with none out themselves. Not sure who their 1 or 6 will be. But hey, they’ve have that Raiders DNA going for them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We've got a pretty beasty forward pack.

Some talent across the three quarter line.

A horrible spine.

An undescribable bench.

Will probably be somewhere between 8th and 17th next year.

skeepe

Immortal
So Graham Annesley reckons it’s clear that Mariota did NOT get the ball down.

Graham Annesley must resign. He is incompetent and clearly doesn’t understand rugby league.

MugaB

Coach
So Graham Annesley reckons it’s clear that Mariota did NOT get the ball down.

Graham Annesley must resign. He is incompetent and clearly doesn’t understand rugby league.
If thats the case, then the bulk of trys ever have been no trys, it defies logic