What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Rothfield a wanker or what?

Stake Removed

First Grade
Just on the footy show, Andrew Webster saying we are like Manly of old (the Bozo days), snubbing our nose at authority.

Reckons our punishment for Fifita was too lenient & it’s irresponsible that he goes on the podcast without the club’s permission & shouldn’t be swearing & bagging out a journalist.

That’s laughable, the media’s butt-hurt is great!!

And Webster manly have 8 premerships, i would take that as well if snubbing nose at authority

Weaponhead

Coach
Exactly which authority are the Sharks snubbing their noses at? Do the media run the game?

Now that they are multimedia megastars their sense of self importance is way out of proportion.

They want to be judge, jury and executioner.

Did Fifita and Dugan say the wrong thing? Yes, not bright to bright to bag someone with a megaphone, even if obviously true. Is it a hanging offence? Hell no. It's semi final time. There's winning to be done.

Media want heads on pikes to generate controversy. The club has grown a pair in recent years and are less reactive to whims of the media. They can just get f**ked.

wibble

Bench
I assume Buzz and Kent will be all over the Dragon's player who assaulted a media representative, just as they have been chasing Fifita and Dugan.

(Graham pushed a camera away when they were filming Nightingale on the sideline in agony- I had no issue with it, by the way)

I assume Buzz and Kent will be all over the Dragon's player who assaulted a media representative, just as they have been chasing Fifita and Dugan.

(Graham pushed a camera away when they were filming Nightingale on the sideline in agony- I had no issue with it, by the way)
Or maybe the fan that Graham told to f**k off in the tunnel might come forward?

Or maybe the fan that Graham told to f**k off in the tunnel might come forward?
Nah Graham is on their team (medias), nothing to see here
If it does come up Graham will be praised because of his competitive nature.
I feel sorry for him, good hard player who deserved to go to a good hard club, not that rabble.

Wozza

Juniors
Well this turd is really starting to twist the knife now
I'm not sure about that. Rothfield has been played in this.
A week before the finals he mysteriously gets a phone call about alleged breaches that happened 3 years ago and he has blown it all out of proportion in the media.
It's designed to get the players off their game coming into the finals and this so called 'Tragic supporter' is too old and senile to see through it.

I'd be watching what our CEO is saying about it and block out the media speculation and in some cases blatant lies.
We are not talking about payment under the table that were deliberately designed to deceive the salary cap auditors, they are about definition of whether a payment is considered 'Third party' or not.
Worst case scenario is a fine.
Russell has said it is from 2015 and we are currently compliant, thats all I care about.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I'm not sure about that. Rothfield has been played in this.
A week before the finals he mysteriously gets a phone call about alleged breaches that happened 3 years ago and he has blown it all out of proportion in the media.
It's designed to get the players off their game coming into the finals and this so called 'Tragic supporter' is too old and senile to see through it.

I'd be watching what our CEO is saying about it and block out the media speculation and in some cases blatant lies.
We are not talking about payment under the table that were deliberately designed to deceive the salary cap auditors, they are about definition of whether a payment is considered 'Third party' or not.
Worst case scenario is a fine.
Russell has said it is from 2015 and we are currently compliant, thats all I care about.

Well I just read something along the lines of we had an employee pay players from an over inflated personal salary. That's pretty deliberate and beyond a clerical error if you ask me.

Also it's a pretty stupid way of breaching the cap. You'd add about a dozen more layers in there.

Just buy some Bitcoin and transfer it to them. Easy.

Wozza

Juniors
Well I just read something along the lines of we had an employee pay players from an over inflated personal salary. That's pretty deliberate and beyond a clerical error if you ask me.

Also it's a pretty stupid way of breaching the cap. You'd add about a dozen more layers in there.

And that was from the NRL integrity unit was it?

txta2

Bench
As I said earlier Rothfield has a whole army of people trying to put the cleaners through the club. The players and the club need to tread carefully till the end of the season.
If they make the GF Im expecting a real doozy of a story pulled out of someones arse

Inferno

Coach
Wow. Presser is pretty clear.
Nowhere near the scale of anything in the past. ie. Very Minor. ie. Title is safe
2018 is completely clear.
We are under the cap by $500k for this year. One of a few clubs that havent spent enough in the cap as per Plyaer association rules.

It's a bit irritating they talk about how much we're under. No doubt a couple of players would have been told there's no money left at the bank.

Then again, maybe it's needed for finals/KPI bonuses.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It's a bit irritating they talk about how much we're under. No doubt a couple of players would have been told there's no money left at the bank.

Greenberg said all teams under at the moment, so i guess all bonus yet to be added in, actually that will be interesting because if clubs go over this year, means they left little room for bonuses

Frenzy.

Immortal

But that’s not news Inf. Every man and his dog has known since February we were well under after missing Myth Piss and Super Gronk. Even the players who may have been told there was no money.

Card Shark

Immortal

Where did you read that?

That’s calculated cheating if it’s the case.