What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is SBW reading off a cue?

An41

Juniors
wtf Weidler? didnt he say "He had to go""he had no choice" "legal reasons" on the roast
excuse me? I heard nothing of that in the interview

Moffo

Referee
soney bill was right about only one thing

the wrong people run our game. 100% right on that call

I am not watching, how many cheap shots on Folkes did Wide Arse set Sonny up for? I think Danny still hates Folkes for his classic and true "If you look at his hit rate you can see who should be up for the sack."

bartman

Immortal
Laurie Daley has gone up in my esteem tonight.

He was the only dissenting voice last week, and this week most of the panel came around to his/our way of thinking.

Chief trying hard to stick up for the greedy mongrel was owned by Daley playing the straight bat.

Onya Lozza!!

The Gambler

Juniors
Laurie Daley has gone up in my esteem tonight.

He was the only dissenting voice last week, and this week most of the panel came around to his/our way of thinking.

Chief trying hard to stick up for the greedy mongrel was owned by Daley playing the straight bat.

Onya Lozza!!
Yep completely agree.

Good to see him fire up, say what he thinks - and also be 100% correct.

Fatty also had a go I thought, and had the right idea.

bartman

Immortal
what did daley say?

what did chief say?
Daley everything we've said in this and other threads about loyalty, and the way SBW went about it etc.

Chief said, you can't help but love the bloke, the type of guy he is, the way he plays...

Daley politely tore him a new one when he saw Chief was just fence sitting yet still trying to come out on the SBW what a legend side of things.

Chief really shouldn't be on shows where they actually talk about footy issues, he gets lost too easily. At least Fatty and Johns changed their tune from last week and showed they could get over their mateships, but Chief should just stick with his That's Gold attempted comedy stuff...

Matterhorn

Juniors
I think the first bloke in the audience spoken to summed it up - he was speaking from the heart.

I didn't hear any apologies to the charities that have had there plans disrupted because of a no show by him.

I didn't hear any apologies to the sponsors who made marketing plans to boost there merchandise because of SBW.

All i heard was me, me, me.

Lucky he didn't grow up through the depression or WWII.

beave

Coach
I love how he said "Sonny Bill talks for himself, I am my own man"..........."So I got Khoder to go and organise a meeting between me and Folkesy............"

The guy has been brainwashed by Mundine, I don't give a f$#k what anyone else says, that moron has corrupted him and Folkes was ultimately right.........

coolumsharkie

Referee
The SBW on the bus go " Eh bro " " Eh bro " " Eh bro "

The SBW on the bus go " Eh bro " " Eh bro " " Eh bro "

All day long.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I honestly hope that the N.R.L. deregister him and ban him from playing again for life.

I also hope that the Dogs successfully sue the crap out of him, Nasser and Wiedler!

Loudstrat

Coach
As for telling him he's a dickhead to his face, I tried to, but he saw the supeona I was carrying, and he ran away!

Loudstrat

Coach
Who was that bloke he was crapping on about - wanting to play with? If I can get SBW's pronunciation right, it was a bloke called Mwwn Murmnwwwn

bobbis

Juniors
Sonny isn't the sharpest knife in the draw. I can't believe he actually said "bus drivers don't have a salary cap", about the worst example he could've pulled, I wouldn't know where to begin on what a horrible example that is. Given SBW clearly isn't the most intelligent person his only gift in life is his RL/RU ability he's got to earn as much while he can, cause on the basis of that if he had to find another career it'd be for minimum wage.

I empathise a little with Sonny I'd bail on my job to earn twice as much too. Though I'd first tell my employer and colleagues. To be frank the NRL players are getting rooted by the NRL and News, on the 1 hand News completely screws the game to earn extra profits to boot the players earn a far lower percentage of the games revenue than athletes in other sports, added to that their sponsorship oppurtunities are severely limited.

As for the timing he clearly quit to coincide with the start of the French season. There was nothing spur of the moment or arbitrary about his sudden departure, the French contract deadline was the 14 July he left on the 26th if I'm not wrong, suggesting he signed 2 weeks before he left.

At best the Bulldogs can hope for damages they won't stop him playing rugby, they'll have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars dragging it through the courts and if and when they do win how will they get SBW to pay. He clearly decided several weeks ago to sign up and play in France you'd have to imagine that he wouldn't leave many if any assets in Australia. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Twigg

Juniors
Danny Weider's hair looks like broccoli.

SBW is a dumb piece of sh*t. I've never heard of St Helens giving him a 7-figure contract in 2004. Whole thing is utter dribble.

I hope he shatters his knees and c**k when he screws the french version of Candice. As that happens I hope Mundine, Nasser and Weider get run over by a double decker bus. The bus drivers are mad Sonny...you hear that...the bus drivers are mad.

Kiki

First Grade
wouldnt it be awesome if he sucks at union, can never play league again and actually has to drive a bus for a living.

aaaah i can dream.