What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Stuart Fielden overrated?

lucablight

First Grade
Supposedly the best prop in the world who carved up an unfit West Tigers world club challenge side and hasn't done much else. Unless the last two performances have been anomalies. Your thoughts?

Ari Gold

Bench
No he isn't. He is just in a bad patch of form... He saved Wigan from relegation this year, destroyed the West tigers pack and was GB's best forward in each TriNations since it began.

ByRd

First Grade
lolll best prop....NO FREAKING WAY, he is overrated and made out to be something he is not, he is average but is not even in the top 10 props.

Mr Saab

Referee
Wow, he destroyed an understrength Tigers pack.
He is an immortal in the prop dept then!!
He is a standard run of the mill prop....no better than a Ryan OHara or Ben Ross

strider

Post Whore
well his team won and he was on the field, so he isn't entirely crap i guess

Ari Gold

Bench
Typical to see many of you judging players on 1 or 2 performances... Bit like Gould i suppose and look at the egg on his face tonight.

deluded pom?

Coach
!f he came off contract tomorrow you'd see a queue of Aussie clubs CEO's outside his agent's office. Shrek ? Don't make me laugh . You now have a huge hole in your front row with the retirement of Webcke . Fielden would walk into any NRL front row .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good at what he does, but has been average for a while. Most blokes carve up in the ESL. Until he comes over here, he is just the best in the ESL. Nothing more than that!

nqboy

First Grade
Reminds me of the old argument about the Qld Origin players in the 80s - Lewis, Meninga and so on - he's great for a few games a year knowing he only has to play at that level a few time a year or he's an out-and-out legend. I lean to the latter though he's been quiet this series. He's been too good in the past to fake that quality.

Hannibal Machin

Juniors
He may be overrated, but nowhere near as overrated as the completely pedestrian Australian pack this morning.

What a bunch of convict no-hopers!!

:lol:

mattyg

Bench
Ask whoever your number 16 was about that. He was on jelly legs for 10 minutes after meeting Mark O'Meley.

Mal Meninga

Bench
He'd benefit from playing week in week out NRL instead of ESL. He's played strong in the past few years to know he's one of the best in the business, but he could elevate his game furthur.

langpark

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
No he isn't. He is just in a bad patch of form... He saved Wigan from relegation this year, destroyed the West tigers pack and was GB's best forward in each TriNations since it began.
Exactly wat i was gonna say. If he gets back on track he could well be another Webcke

Hannibal Machin

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
He'd benefit from playing week in week out NRL instead of ESL. He's played strong in the past few years to know he's one of the best in the business, but he could elevate his game furthur.

Why would he improve in the NRL?

Australia's forwards are the worst in international RL.