What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a NRL commercial this year?

Danish

Referee
Blind Freddy said:
Unfortunately the words NRL and marketing are rarely mentioned in the same sentence ....

Unless they are joined by the word "useless" of course

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I just saw an add on National Nine News for the season.

It looked awsome. Sent shivers up my spine and neck.

Good to see history being showcased to.

I just watched some snippets from some of the commercials for this season on a Current Affair.One was Craig Wing passing the ball to Ron Coote in the 1971 Grand Final, Laurie Daley patting Steve Mortimer on the top of the head as Mortimer was hitting the ground after winning the 1985 State Of Origin,and Danny Buderus "looking on" at the Wally Lewis/Mark Geyer stoush in State of Origin.These adds are nothing short of fantastic.I cant wait for more,no matter what club they represent.THe NRL have finally done something positive.Full credit must go to those who have worked on this.:) :)

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
40/20 said:
What that stupid ad where the fumbleball fans are holding moving pictures of their favourite criminals such as ablett snr thats just a fox sports ad

ps. how funny is that bit i am nick reiwolts courage :crazy:

The best was the Kid who holds up the pic of Ben Cousins "Im Ben Cousins dealer"

Wayne Carey's one was good too "Im Wayne Carey's punching Bag"

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Jobdog said:
We need a link tbh :fist:

Why? Its not like we are plagerizing. We are just stating what we saw on TV. Would we need a link for saying what was on Underbelly last night?

supersoniceagle

Juniors
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
Why? Its not like we are plagerizing. We are just stating what we saw on TV. Would we need a link for saying what was on Underbelly last night?
:lol:

But yes, a link online would be awesome. I don't watch much TV these days

innsaneink

Referee
Some images tonight already up on Getty

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=80086296

nrllaunch2cz5.jpg

nrllaunch1xm6.jpg

F***in awesome!

THe ad is brilliant, saw it on Foxsports news earlier tonight, has a very historic feel to it, fits in with this historic season. A blend of old and new.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Imagine it (or parts of it) will be shown on Fox Sports News at the top of the hour...failing that, Sky News or Sports Tonight later on