What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a NRL commercial this year?

Nuke

Staff member
Have a guess what I'll be watching tonight once the Simpsons has finished ...! I have been inspired! In fact, I'll probably also watch the 2003 GF too. I was also there for that game, and I rate it the 2nd best GF I have seen and remember. I probably saw the '89GF, but I was 8yrs old and don't remember watching it.

beave

Coach
queenslandfan said:
amazing advert, makes me proud to be a fan of rugby league and brings back alot of memories. i dont even like newcastle, but that 97 grand final was amazing.

i have picked up one mistake though, in the scene with the fight between lewis and geyer, there are 2 nsw number 9s standing around. (danny buderus & benny elias)

i think it was done on purpose, having the old and the new players together, like all the other snippets in the ad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It really is an inspiring ad, my brother who has no interest in any type of sport watched that ad and said Whoa!!! that was pretty cool. He might even sit and watch a game now. Well done to all involved.

Nuke said:
Me too ... it's been over 10 years since that moment took place, but every single time without fail that I see that moment, I get goosebumps.

I can recall seeing it happen before my eyes. I was at the SFS that day, behind the corner where John Hopoate scored in the first half ... and in the direction Albert was running after he's passed the last of the Manly defensive line in that try. Funny though, I don't remember it in motion, or even when Alby put the ball down ... all I have is a snapshot-kinda-photograph image in my memory of Albert streaking past the defensive line. There's like a wall of Manly players, and one red & blue jumper breaking the line on the opposite side of the posts to where I was. There was an article in one of the newspapers in the lead-up to the '97GF on the last 4 of the original Knights, and the last line -which at the time before the game was very deep and 'wow' to me (I don't know why)- was 'One moment in time.'
I guess my memory-snapshot was my one moment in time.

i get teary eyed watching the 97 GF again.

i believe that one game helped save RL.

the working mans game was stuffed.

then up to the stage stepped up the son of a coal miner from cessniock nsw

johns = god

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah the Newcastle/Manly GF was one of the most memorable.
For those not fortunate to have won a GF yet...it makes it even more intense!! lol.

mongoose

Coach
anybody been watching all the CORL player tributes on bigpond video? pretty awesome. Reg gasnier was a freak.