What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Game Anti Souths Sydney Rabbitohs?

Clevo

Juniors
It's due out soon but it's become clear that the odds of wining the comp if you choose to play Souths is nearly impossible. The odds are stacked against you by mere fact you play the Souths team.

For example: If you included Andrew Johns in your Souths lineup.... skill points are reduced for him and he plays below par. Just because he's in the Souths team!!!!!

In a discussion on the boards at www.leagueunlimited.com about difficulty levels this is what's said:

crazy john wrote:
You ignorant tools the hardest level is RL God

No, it's any level playing as Souths.

So Already Souths are regarded as a JOKE in a GAME!

That team statistics are static... meaning they don;t change from season to season. So if you do happen to win the comp one year and include John in the year after...Johns is still handicapped.

I know it's only a PC game but it's already lauded as the most pre-ordered video Game in Australian history.

What message is this sending to RL fans in our region about Souths? How is the 14 year old Souths supporter going to feel that his/her team gets handicapped just for being Souths?

Why Can't Johns play at his best in a souths team in this video game?

To be fair you can create your own players and modify their stats but to the purists that's regarded as cheating.

What do you peeps think? Personally, I find this aspect annoying and unfair to young souths fans who will no doubt be playing the Rooster team just so they could win...... :cry:

budz

Juniors
Well in the comp i played in Souths won only 1 game the whole season. And that wasnt too far off the mark. The only reason they won that many is that i only lost 2 games the whole season while a couple of other teams only lost 3 games all season. So some team had to be coming last by a couple of games, and everyone knows what team that is. Its just trying to be realistic!

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
Clevo said:
That team statistics are static... meaning they don;t change from season to season. So if you do happen to win the comp one year and include John in the year after...Johns is still handicapped.

Well you can't play consecutive seasons, you can only play one season and you can't continue on like ppl have said plenty of times. :roll:

And mate i think it is possible for Souths team to win a comp like mario said once, it depends on who is playing as them, so maybe your a great player at this game, im sure you could win the comp.

devonuto

Juniors
All the statistics in the game were gained from NRL Stats... the official statistiticans for the NRL.

If Souths suck in the game it's 'cos they do in real life... and for the 14 year old Souths fan, they're already gonna be used to disappointment... anyhoo, they could create their own players that have much better stats and put them in the Rabbitohs team, that would make them better.

Clevo

Juniors
But I have read that if you put Johns in the souths team he plays below par and play normally excellent if played in Newcastle.... so even if you had the Australian test Squad in the Souths club colours you are playing below your team skill level than if that same test team playing in say Rooster colours..... so the truth of the matter is you get skill points deducted just for being Souths...this makes the game Anti Souths.....in real life Johns would play just as good with Souths as he would with Newcastle....because johns is a professional.

So I don;t know where these stats for "negative skill points deductions just because your Souths" come from but I doubt it's from the NRL.

What stats the NRL give is individual player stats...but that still doesn;t explain why they go down if they move from Brisabane to Souths.

yeah Souths have had a bad year in real life...but this is a game and this Souths Sydney supporters will want to play to escape this real life business and not to be given a dose of ''sucked in Rabbitohs"

daslacker

Juniors
Clevo,
This is a thing i've been thinking
about myself.I sort of remember arl 96
(i think it was called)and the wests
team was realistic to them in reallife,
Sh!thouse.All i would do is just keep
passing the ball until it got to 1 of
the wingers.
I just hope this game will not have
much difference between the all the
teams.Cause it will pi$$ me off big
time if i keep losing to my mates
just because i choose the tigers and
they choose the dogs or rooster.I don't
want to have to be one of them teams
just to beat my mates.

Mario

Juniors
Okay. There are a couple of things to consider here.

1. Stats for individual players have been taken from real life statistics based on the players performance over the season.

2. Stats for teams are based on the real life statistics based on the teams performance over the season.

The fact of the matter is we want the performance of individual players and teams in the game to be reflective of the current abilities of the individuals and teams in real life. Gamers expect this to be the case. The alternative would be to have every player the same and every team the same - not really an option I'm sure you will agree.

Unfortunately, as Souths are currently not performing well, this means that they are ranked towards the bottom in the game also.

With regard to the team rankings and the Andrew Johns example, this is also reflective of real life. The team ratings are representative of the quality of training and the ability for the team to 'gel' on the field - in other words they quantify teamwork.

Top ranked teams have a high level of teamwork. Bottom ranked teams don't. If you add Andrew Johns to a team which can't consistently work together then his abilities as an individual player are hampered. What good is it if you are the best offloader in the league if nobody is in support? What good is it being the best attacking kicker when nobody chases down your carefully placed grubber?

It is therefore wholly appropriate that placing a top ranked player into a bottom ranked team has a negative influence on that players ability to perform.

At the end of the day, Clevo, consider this: You support a bottom ranked team. In the end, the odds are stacked against you to try and win a premiership on the higher difficulty levels. How satisfying will it be when you prevail, against the odds, and the carry the Rabbitohs through to an NRL Premiership win?

izzo

Juniors
That just sucks just shows that the NRL dont have faith in teams , especialy Souths who had lost 90% of their games in the last 5 minutes.

Didn't mario say that Johns would play bad because he was playing with bad PLAYERS. Lets face it, it makes Johns game easy when he has the mighty forwards and talented backline that Newcastle Posseses. I'm sure he's find it much harder to 'work his magic' with a team like souths because the players DO SUCK!

Bunny Boy

Juniors
I gurantee ill still win the comp on all levels with Souths. Dont care how shite Sidhe make them to be.

BRING IT ON !

WE'LL NEVER DIE !!

I'm a Souths fan and I think it's a joke how much of a big deal everyone is making over this.....there has to be bad teams in the game, I'm sure Sidhe just didn't pick Souths and make them the only bad team!!!!

As for the whole Johns thing, it's true, if he was put in the Souths team he wouldn't perform as well as he does for Newcastle.

That's why you see players rise and play better in Origin because they are surrounded by great players, it's not brean surgery and it's NOT an issue.

Let's get over it!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'd prefer the game to be realistic then appease whinging Souths fans.

btw,

If move then entire Knights team to Souths (not just johns) then wouldn't it be logical that then Souths as a tema "gel" better thus making them better then the Knights who now contain the entire Souths team.

daslacker

Juniors
Mario said:
At the end of the day, Clevo, consider this: You support a bottom ranked team. In the end, the odds are stacked against you to try and win a premiership on the higher difficulty levels. How satisfying will it be when you prevail, against the odds, and the carry the Rabbitohs through to an NRL Premiership win?

That is exactly what is going to be the
down fall i belive.Not for anyone who
supports a rich strong club but the
likes of souths and wests fans.

"how satisfying will it be when you prevail
against the odds and win the premiership"
This is how it is in real life,F@#ked if
i want it to in the computer game too.

So if u follow a sh!t team,it is going to be
shit gaming when u be them,with useless slow
players not knowing what the hell there doing,
like real life.

I'm not complaining mate,I've been wait for
this game for ages and like everyone here
can't wait to get it.But I'll be p!ssed
off if u currently support support a
inferior team you suffer in gaming exp.

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
Why Can't Johns play at his best in a souths team

I think it's because he wouldn't be happy as the black shorts of Souths make his bum look big, MATE.

Seriously some of you guys whinge a bit to much, you don't follow a rugby league team so when they make a video game they will go better. It's a not really a big deal

MD

Monkey

Juniors
i dont know what the bloody fuss is about. i dont follow NRL that much, so i dont know how sh!t souths are. but i can imagine about as bad as halifax in ESL. they only won one game (and had it deducted for going over salary cap :lol: ).

so do i/any league fan/any fax fan expect fax to win league? NO
do i/any league fan/any fax fan expect them to be sh1t? YES
do i/any league fan/any fax fan expect them to finish anywhere but bottom? NO

its gotta be realistic. :roll: ;-)

Mario

Juniors
daslacker said:
I'm not complaining mate,I've been wait for
this game for ages and like everyone here
can't wait to get it.But I'll be p!ssed
off if u currently support support a
inferior team you suffer in gaming exp.

Hmmmmm, then turn the difficulty down...

HBG

Juniors
Well, it's about time.
I have thought about this and Tooheys #8 has convinced me.

I have decided to come out of the closet and reveal myself.

I have been involved for a great length of time in the testing of this game, and provide feedback on how it can be improved.

I am also a long term Souths Supporter of some 29 years, and I love Rugby League. I also am a one of those "pig-headed" supporters that did not watch an NRL game during our 2 years in exile, yet did what I could to support our re-admission.

However, I do not wish to be seen as one of those crying, whining supporters that are always conceived to be whinging. We create our own detsiny.

Back to the point.

I have played a whole season, on the 2 lowest levels and won the Grand Final. What's more the team I used was Souths. I figure this would be the real test. Sure I lost a few games, but it's about skill, and understanding you opponent. You make do with what you have, and make the best of it. Just like the real game, it takes one mistake, to change the shape of the game. You will develop strategies, and pass to certain players. I am currently in the second highest level and doing ok

I was going to post a picture to prove I have done this, but I do not want to spoil the end result, plus the versions I have played are not the final release, yet they are extremely competitive and enjoyable. I have sent Vodkacircle my pic to prove it :)

Anyway, stop whining. Practice heaps Rabbitohs fans, and you will succeed. I have. This game is more enjoyable than any game I have played ( I have $hitloads), and the satisfaction you receive after winning a close game is fantastic. My favourite game was when I played NQ at 12 all, and NQ kicked a field goal with 1.5 minutes to go. I couldn't believe the AI was that smart. However, I kicked off, and managed to regather, score a try and claim the game. That is the best part.

Anyway, I guess I have to be perceived differently now on this site. 8)

Latest posts