What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this rookie already the best centre in the NRL ?

Although he plays a different position, Hurrell reminds me of Francis Meli in his earlier Warriors days. Very strong and nuggety as well as having a good turn of pace, and being very hard to tackle one on one. Hope the kid kicks on, I love watching him play.

bluey

Bench
Going good, speed could send him to the forwards if he doesn't watch his fitness

Izz

Bench
He will have nothing against the better defensive teams, he had nothing against us this year.
Oh noes, he didn't carve the Bulldogs up in his 3rd NRL game, in which he went off injured just after half time. He's obviously no good!

lolz

Definitely not the best centre in the comp yet, though. Lyon definitely well ahead, and there's a few others that would probably be ahead, too.

Canard

Immortal
Your never in better form than in your first 50 games in the modern Rugby League.

None of the the players tendencies, quirks, weaknesses are yet identified because there isn't enough evidence to scrutinise by coaching staff, and the media and fans lap it up.

Jamie Buhrer, Jamal Idris, Leon Bott, Daniel Mortimer were all considered to be future stars in this period.

Konrad and Edrick Lee are the best rookies in the NRL. Reynolds isn't.

Can't wait to see Konrad's kiss of death in the world cup next year.

Iafeta

Referee
Thats a funny, and seemingly incorrect, generalisation there Canard. If you do your best in your first 50, why do clubs go after experienced players??? Most of our blokes are still developing into first grade players. That takes a good 50 games. I could point to a shyteload of players that are far better than when they first started.

Canard

Immortal
I don't mean clubs or experts, they certainly know better. Clearly the more experienced players are recruited by people who know what they are doing.

What I mean is that the Media and Fans always massively overstate (rate) the performance of ability of someone new to the game, and rate them better for example than a player who has played 100 game in that position (like this thread is doing).

Latest posts