What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the worst season you can remember in a while?

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Doesn't matter if I support the Broncos or not. Ask Phil Gould if its been a good season, he'll tell you the standard is lower then ever, its disgraceful the amount of players leaving clubs and that the refs are awful. Maybe talk also to the SMH who ran that "whats wrong with the game series", or the constant negative talkback on abc radio every week, or the sh*tty forum on the footy show today where we saw the NRL offer up absolutely no solutions to the current problems regarding the salary cap.

m0j0

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:
Doesn't matter if I support the Broncos or not. Ask Phil Gould if its been a good season, he'll tell you the standard is lower then ever, its disgraceful the amount of players leaving clubs and that the refs are awful. Maybe talk also to the SMH who ran that "whats wrong with the game series", or the constant negative talkback on abc radio every week, or the sh*tty forum on the footy show today where we saw the NRL offer up absolutely no solutions to the current problems regarding the salary cap.

You're seriously expecting to influence other's opinions based on Phil Gould's arguments? I mean, the guy does know a bit about the game, but he likes sensationalism as much as any tabloid journo, and he doesn't hold back on his bias.

t-ba

Post Whore
Russell Crowe's Band said:
crap season.......

but im a bitter, bitter man.

If it makes you feel any better, Cronulla doesn't have too many crap seasons left in it before high tailing for Grahame Park. :p

mongoose

Coach
Kid Dynamite said:

who cares about the leaving players, look at what has arrived

Israel Falou
Krinan Inu
Feleti Mateo
William Zillman
Dave taylor
issac luke
michael jennings
corey patterson
taniela tuiaki
and more...

axl rose

Bench
mongoose said:
who cares about the leaving players, look at what has arrived

Israel Falou
Krinan Inu
Feleti Mateo
William Zillman
Dave taylor
issac luke
michael jennings
corey patterson
taniela tuiaki
and more...

Agreed. Cant believe the fuss over Tahu leaving. Decent player and in good form (when he actually makes it on the field) but they were talking on 9 like he was Ken Irvine last week. Smith puts him in a gap and all he does is run to the line and Ray Warren goes mental.

the guiness world book of records have season 2007 down as the worst ever. Although the south sydney v illawarra final shuld be great.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kid Dynamite said:
I just think this year has been pretty poor. With all the player transfers, guys going to England and injuries I think its been a dissapointing season. No team other than Melbourne kind of, has really stood up and played greatful. You kind of get the impression even teams like Parra, Wests and the Cowboys dont have their act together and are pretty well capable of dishing up sh*t on any given day. The refs have gone to a new level this year as well. Its the year I've lost faith in the NRL as an organization. Changes need to occur.

Speaking as a Parramatta fan, I can honestly say that I believe we haven't seen the best of the Eels yet this season. True, in matches like the game against the Tigers and even on Friday you saw flashes of brilliance. But we're capable of better performances, and it's just my sneaking suspicion that the way were are being coached and the way were playing at the moment is just to throw caution to the wind and whatever happens, happens.

I think that, once the Finals come around and assuming we're still in the Top 8, we'll start getting more serious.

Then again, I could be wrong about that. Not about playing our best, though - we haven't peaked yet.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Not the best season i have seen but im really enjoying it.

Some of the games lately have been some of the best matches ive seen since watching footy.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
axl rose said:
Agreed. Cant believe the fuss over Tahu leaving. Decent player and in good form (when he actually makes it on the field) but they were talking on 9 like he was Ken Irvine last week. Smith puts him in a gap and all he does is run to the line and Ray Warren goes mental.

True in ways, but his defense has been dynamite this year and what an athlete he is. I'm so pissed we're loosing him!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
When Parra decide to offload and go wide all the time they can beat anyone, as shown when they destroyed the Tigers. It's sensational.

mongoose

Coach
Glory be Lockyer said:
the guiness world book of records have season 2007 down as the worst ever. Although the south sydney v illawarra final shuld be great.

Just because the broncos have failed miserably to defend their title.

legend

Coach
Agree withy Mr Saab on 2003, it was a year to remember like 1994 but we only get years like that every ten years or so.

I think this year has been above average and the games to be played leading into the final will have me grading the season as very good.

We need a fairytale team though and Souths look to be coming up short yet again and I don't think many would consider the Roosters a "fairytale team" Fairy's maybe butnot the team everyone wants to do well. Maybe it's the Warriors but there is still some excellent footy to come between now and the finals and definitely some twists and turns in the road for a lot of teams.

kav

Juniors
I can't believe this thread. The quality of football this season has been unbelievably high.
Even with absence of the stars such as Johns and Gasnier and the exodus of other top players to the ESL, the emergence of younger talent has more than compensated in my view. The likes of Sonny Bill Williams, Jonathon Thurston, Karmichael Hunt and Kristan Inu have emerged as the new super stars of the game while the consistently high standards set by Melbourne and Manly has raised the bar for the late finishers (Eels, Warriors and Roosters). Witness the Eels/Bulldogs and Warriors/Roosters matches of round 21 as examples of high quality contests and you can only look forward to the finals and the future of our game.

Kav