What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaiah Papali'i the new Todd Lowrie?

Iron Lion

Juniors
What everyone's thoughts on this guy.

I'm considerably concerned he is viewed as a long term warrior.

I struggle to see what makes him a good player at NRL level.

Does basics well like make tackles. But what else does he do?

I have noticed the opposition like running at him because he doesn't wrap the players up, so good for offloads and he is not physical either.

He is 100% a passenger on attack and looks reserve grade standard but playing in the NRL.

If you are going to carry Burr and Blair who are both better why carry Papallii?

What is it that he has got that he keeps getting selected by Kearney?

Thoughts? Tell me why I am wrong.

Iafeta

Referee
You are wrong.

He’s 20 isn’t he? Extremely athletic (his background pedigree is phenomenal). He has an offload in him that has set up a few tries last year.

His defence is usually rock solid. This year he’s fallen off a touch in defence but I’m sure he will bounce back.

TLDR. Lowrie was puss, a plodder. Papali’i is in no way shape or form in the same category.

Meth

Staff member
His defence is usually rock solid. This year he’s fallen off a touch in defence but I’m sure he will bounce back.

Yep, that's the concern.

Don't write him off. Just something that needs to be addressed.

Big Marn

Juniors
i thought he was one of our stars last year at the beginning of the season before he got injured, particularly the Perth game. Was solid overall last year and still only young.Great leg drive and big motor, with an offload.

He is a bit off the pace this year no question, but prepared to give him time to come right.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Exactly, probably at least 5 years off his peak yet

So we have to wait 5 years to see him give a performance worthy of a starter in the NRL.

Not buying it.

This is why the warriors don't improve.

They give players starting roles who don't deserve it.

I rate Asyhford over Papali'i and Asyhford is most certainly not NRL level anymore.

So we have to wait 5 years to see him give a performance worthy of a starter in the NRL.

Not buying it.

This is why the warriors don't improve.

They give players starting roles who don't deserve it.

I rate Asyhford over Papali'i and Asyhford is most certainly not NRL level anymore.

Papali'i is worthy now WTF you on about Lion? He's one of the good ones in the Warriors. He so young but shows so much skill. He is delivering already but once he peaks look out.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
My only concern is that he's just more of the same in relation to our other second row options, but that's more of a team balance/development/selection thing than a comment on his abilities as an individual.

They all just seem to be the same body shape, height, speed etc. He easily gets lost in the shuffle because he doesn't really offer a point of difference at this stage.

Very good prospect though.

Iafeta

Referee
Lol Ayshford. You taken your meds son?

I think the real question here is Iron Lion the new Iron Lion? I say yes.

vvvrulz

Coach
Going to Plod Lowrie’s level is the ultimate scrape of the basement cellar, at least pick a realistic orange to your apple.