What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel Folau

kmav23

Juniors
If Rugby want to make a similar rule, so be it. Look at SBW... he played NRL, then Rugby, boxing on the side, now Japanese Rugby, then a 12 month contract with the Roosters whilst continuing to box, then back to Rugby. Can you honestly tell me that's normal?

I have worked for 10 companies in 10 different types of jobs.

SBW is a rare athlete who can do this thats why you dont see it happen more.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I have worked for 10 companies in 10 different types of jobs.

SBW is a rare athlete who can do this thats why you dont see it happen more.
In the space of 10 years, I have also accomplished the same thing, but I would never consider working for 2 at the same time. Regardless of his talent, SBW shouldn't do this. He's locked into a contract with a club is it's up to him to honor it. What happens if he gets seriously injured in the boxing bout and is forced to spend the rest of the rugby league season on the sidelines? It simply shouldn't be done. I'm not saying he can't do it, but for the sake of everyone involved, he shouldn't do it.

gUt

Coach
Any truth to the rumour the dogs are considering trialling a salary cap? :)

Grapple

Bench
It's not something we're concentrating on right now. We're focused on one game at a time. Benchmark.

bulldog

Bench
Any truth to the rumour the dogs are considering trialling a salary cap? :)

2002-08-21-Aug-Bulldogs-celery-cap-550-WEB.jpg

kmav23

Juniors
In the space of 10 years, I have also accomplished the same thing, but I would never consider working for 2 at the same time. Regardless of his talent, SBW shouldn't do this. He's locked into a contract with a club is it's up to him to honor it. What happens if he gets seriously injured in the boxing bout and is forced to spend the rest of the rugby league season on the sidelines? It simply shouldn't be done. I'm not saying he can't do it, but for the sake of everyone involved, he shouldn't do it.

Many people have 2 or more jobs. He is either off contract or the clubs let him box so what's the problem. If his gets hurt the clubs and Sbw would of agreed to compensation. Clubs are not forced to sign him. No restraint of trade, it's illegal.

Only reason does not happen more is that others don't have the ability.