What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac

GI Cordial

Juniors
My point is that you can always count on Issac to stuff up sooner or later.

I hold my breath & cross my toes & fingers every game with Issac.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his tackle the other day----in a prelim;for goodness sake.I know the heat of the moment applies but surely we can expect some degree of sense & self-control.

He is far,far from a cleanskin so he couldn't really expect mercy.

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box which doesn't help!!It wouldn't surprise me to see him do the same thing in next season's prelim;if we make it.

If someone had asked me to nominate a few players to let their sides down before that game I would have laid money on Luke,Teo or Hargreaves.

BTW,I hope Ennis does play as there's no way he's going to be fit enough to hack it in a g/f.Also;he's another that has the strong potential to stuff things for his side!!!

Are you serious ? Are you really a South Sydney Supporter
? Issac is one of the best hookers in comp and one of our best players, he plays 80mins he runs about 90mtrs does about 30 tackles a game he has been with club since 2007 through all the high and lows mainly lows. He does not deserve to be bagged like this on Grand Final week, I feel for him we should be supporting the kid not bagging him you flip. Besides Souths should have challenged the charge on Issac when they charged George for chicken wing he would have been playing this week that's why he had carry over points. Since Tom Greenberg became Ceo went to NRL Bulldogs have had a dream run at the judiciary Souths have been hammed this year.

doyen

Bench
? Issac is one of the best hookers in comp and one of our best players, he plays 80mins he runs about 90mtrs does about 30 tackles a game he has been with club since 2007 through all the high and lows mainly lows. He does not deserve to be bagged like this on Grand Final week, I feel for him we should be supporting the kid not bagging him you flip. Besides Souths should have challenged the charge on Issac when they charged George for chicken wing he would have been playing this week that's why he had carry over points. Since Tom Greenberg became Ceo went to NRL Bulldogs have had a dream run at the judiciary Souths have been hammed this year.

I'm not saying he should have been suspended,it's rough----but he just shouldn't have presented the opportunity---it's dumb.He's not a kid either;he's going on 28 yrs!!
The fact is;we've lost a key player;one of our very best, due to a stupid incident that shouldn't have occurred--about the sixth time Issac has been charged with the same offence in his career.
When is the penny going to drop with Issac???

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Api will be fine. What concerns me is if we need McInnes on the bench too.

I'd rather we slot Keary/Reyno into hooker for 10 mins to give Api a break and move Sutto into the halves rather than carry just 3 props/backrowers on the bench.

Franko

Juniors

I'd rather we slot Keary/Reyno into hooker for 10 mins to give Api a break and move Sutto into the halves rather than carry just 3 props/backrowers on the bench.

Play API. I'm sure Clarke can fill in from dummy half if really needed. Can't break up Reynolds and Keary now

souths_pride

Juniors
My point is that you can always count on Issac to stuff up sooner or later.

I hold my breath & cross my toes & fingers every game with Issac.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his tackle the other day----in a prelim;for goodness sake.I know the heat of the moment applies but surely we can expect some degree of sense & self-control.

He is far,far from a cleanskin so he couldn't really expect mercy.

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box which doesn't help!!It wouldn't surprise me to see him do the same thing in next season's prelim;if we make it.

If someone had asked me to nominate a few players to let their sides down before that game I would have laid money on Luke,Teo or Hargreaves.

BTW,I hope Ennis does play as there's no way he's going to be fit enough to hack it in a g/f.Also;he's another that has the strong potential to stuff things for his side!!!
I totally get what your saying and I agree with you; he did stuff up! However, what I'm saying is that he is bound to find himself on the wrong side of the law sooner or later due to his aggressive nature. The other players you have named are exactly the same - both Teo and Hargreaves are aggressive players and they too sometimes cross the line. When you ask a player to be aggressive i.e. pull off big tackles, get in the opposition's faces etc. its inevitable that sometimes they are going to find themselves in trouble. The other thing that you need to remember is that Issac has won countless games for us with his aggressive style and is one of the best hookers in the comp.

Big Sam

First Grade
Play API. I'm sure Clarke can fill in from dummy half if really needed. Can't break up Reynolds and Keary now

Clark's a prop these days. If not one of the halves, then maybe the outside backs can just take turns for a few sets.

My point is, Api can't go the full 80 (not after 2 months out) and it's silly to waste a bench spot on McInnes who will only play 20 mins max. We need 4 forwards.

Big Sam

First Grade
Just back on Issac - if he had plead guilty for 'kicking' Ennis, would he have had a clean slate?

southsport

First Grade

doyen is red and green through and through, but he is a straight shooter that looks at things more deeply than most of us and speaks his mind.

southsport

First Grade

Agree.........the decision to suspend Issac should certainly have the team fired up and eliminate any chance of complacency.

doyen

Bench
I totally get what your saying and I agree with you; he did stuff up! However, what I'm saying is that he is bound to find himself on the wrong side of the law sooner or later due to his aggressive nature. The other players you have named are exactly the same - both Teo and Hargreaves are aggressive players and they too sometimes cross the line. When you ask a player to be aggressive i.e. pull off big tackles, get in the opposition's faces etc. its inevitable that sometimes they are going to find themselves in trouble. The other thing that you need to remember is that Issac has won countless games for us with his aggressive style and is one of the best hookers in the comp.

Issac is arguably our most valuable player, & true;he has played a huge part in placing us in a posse to win the comp.
But alas;he won't be winning this one for us.He'll be crying over spilled milk!
Koroisau is a very good player & probably will do an efficient job,along with Clarke!!??But Api has been off the scene for an extended period & Clarke will be a bandaid approach only---it's all very disappointing & will lessen our chance of success.
This is a huge kick in the guts for the team; & for sure & certain will be highly disruptive in a g/f week.
But the Dogs have their significant probs too with their captain almost certainly out & Hodkinson playing on one leg.So it's evened out.
Teo needs to rein in his aggression too as penalties can hit hard against top teams.He needs to be efficient not stupid.And we don't want to be playing a man short either--Hollywood Hayne is certainly capable of a send-off!!

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
doyen is red and green through and through, but he is a straight shooter that looks at things more deeply than most of us and speaks his mind.

Thanks mate but not too sure about the thinking more deeply bit.

I think it's more about Issac's sordid history,I reckon.His ongoing penchant for brain-snaps.

Plus,I always thought that Peats was given a rough deal by Maguire with very few minutes on the park,restricting his natural game & eventually forcing him out of the club.
Peats has proven at the Eels what I always believed.He is a much better player than what he was being credited here at STHS.
And he is a "kid" by comparison with Issac.Issac is nearly 28 & Peats 24 yrs.
I really think Sths can win this g/f without Issac but,in truth,he's a huge loss!

souths_pride

Juniors
Thanks mate but not too sure about the thinking more deeply bit.

I think it's more about Issac's sordid history,I reckon.His ongoing penchant for brain-snaps.

Plus,I always thought that Peats was given a rough deal by Maguire with very few minutes on the park,restricting his natural game & eventually forcing him out of the club.
Peats has proven at the Eels what I always believed.He is a much better player than what he was being credited here at STHS.
And he is a "kid" by comparison with Issac.Issac is nearly 28 & Peats 24 yrs.
I really think Sths can win this g/f without Issac but,in truth,he's a huge loss!
The good thing is that we've got a very capable replacement. Luckily the Bulldogs are missing their hooker as well; theres no way Ennis will play and even if he does he'll be about 50% at best. So its pretty much an eye for an eye. If anything we have the upper hand in that our replacement Koroisau, has played more first grade and looks a far better prospect than the Bulldogs replacement hooker.

Also I disagree about Luke having 'brain snaps'. I think he is very conscious of what he is doing, its just that sometimes his aggressiveness when making tackles goes awry. The term brain-snap is more appropriate to someone like Mark Geyer who used to elbow blokes in the head etc. As for your views on Peats, I agree 150%. To this day I'm still bitter about the fact that we let him go to Parra, especially given the fact that he has the makings of a future origin hooker.

themacemaceman

Juniors

I reckon this is the way Madge will go. Keary with a few scoots out of dummy half will have the bulldogs back pedaling.