What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s D-day for Daniel

caylo

Bench
I think we have KK, Mateo and Morts all sign deals with the Eels before round 1 or a few weeks in. All 3 are in discussions with the club by my understanding. Inu will also stay and sign mid year on a reduced contract along with Cayless (who will also play on a reduced contract).
Grothe will have a massive year and demand big $$, probably moving off to the Roosters.

Gronk

Staff member
so if daniel agrees to go to the dogs, would that mean that he plays wentworthville with kk and robson in the halves and someone like mitchell on the bench hooker role?

No way. Ando will want his best 13 to take the field each and every week. No point warehousing a player just because he'll be playing at another club in 2011.

hindy111

Post Whore
If he doesnt sign for us i personaly would put him on the bench for wenty.I wouldnt try and develop him any further.This might sound harsh but thats the way i roll boys... Give KK and robo and humble a chance...
Would i do the same with mateo or Inu..NO they have spent a solid few years at the club.
2 yr contract seem short thou-I would of thought 3?

yy_cheng

Coach
No way. Ando will want his best 13 to take the field each and every week. No point warehousing a player just because he'll be playing at another club in 2011.

I would start KK at 6 and Mortz at 14 if he signs with the dogs.

If the pairing starts having problems, then throw Mortz back into the starting 13.

Fathead

Bench
Despite the contracts set to be thrown at him this week, Mortimer is not even guaranteed a starting spot against the Dragons according to his coach.

“All three boys will play again next week – Jeff Robson, Kris Keating and Morts,” said Daniel Anderson in the wake of last Sunday’s trial against the Dragons. We’ve got some luxury in that we’ve got competition for spots.”

This is why Ando is such a good coach and why we are in such a healthy position.
No one should be assured of anything.

Fathead

Bench
What ever we do we cannot lose KK.

IMHO I would sacrifice Morts before KK anyday and twice on sunday.

caylo

Bench
What ever we do we cannot lose KK.

IMHO I would sacrifice Morts before KK anyday and twice on sunday.

I hope we do keep KK... i would love to see him and mortz play some footy together. He is very cronk like IMO and could be that good as far as i am concerned.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
wow if this was Jarryd Hayne it would be 10 pages long about how he isn't that great of a player lol

natheel

Coach
i rekon he will stay but if he doesnt then put him on bench and get KK and Robbo to work on a good partnership!

parra pete

Referee
Dear grapeape,You have received an infraction. Reason: Ignoring Moderator Instruction.

Gawd....You've been a naughty naughty boy.....!!!!!

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon Mortimer will go to the Dogs

Plus I think he has a better long term chance there, either at 6 or 7

Plus Noddy may retire after this year which will make it more appealing for him.

Plus looking a few years ahead. He has probably been told by the dogs that he will take over as captain when Bobcat retires in 2-3 years time

Plus Dogs will offer him overs, cause we wont be

Plus I think his old man played there :roll:

Plus we have KK and Mateo back fully fit, who both can do a better job at 5/8th than Mortimer

parra pete

Referee

Plus Noddy may retire after this year which will make it more appealing for him.

Plus looking a few years ahead. He has probably been told by the dogs that he will take over as captain when Bobcat retires in 2-3 years time

Plus we have KK and Mateo back fully fit, who both can do a better job at 5/8th than Mortimer

Too many pluses there TPB..

caylo

Bench

How times have changed... Mortimer is a good player and I would love to see a Mortimer-KK combo but if its not possible I think Humble would do well at 5-8. Remembering that with Jarryd and Mateo pulling most of the strings in attack the halves will just have to kick and distribute well more then create. Robson IMO struggles to kick well and so IMO he doesnt suit our style, I still think he would fit Melbournes team better then Finch who too often tries to over call Cronk and Smith.