What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s D-day for Daniel

84 Baby

Referee
If Mortimer announced he was going to the Bulldogs in 2011, which I personally don't think he will, why would the Eels not use him in 2010. That would be bloody stupid, and I am not sure people on here know what a contract means.
Money rules the world.....
Quite simply because he's only played half a season so far. If he announced he was going to Dogs, I'd relegate him to the box that says "In case of emergency, break glass."
Why develop him anymore than we already have just so the Bulldogs benefit from it? Instead let the breeders have him after a season playing Bundy league.
This is a good situation to be in with all the players we appear to be losing, each of them have replacements for this year. Issue if 2 or 3 players all jump up and announce they're going to Canterbury, or Newcastle, or Manly...
That all said Avenger has produced the winkie. They're always a good sign

The Colonel

Immortal
Quite simply because he's only played half a season so far. If he announced he was going to Dogs, I'd relegate him to the box that says "In case of emergency, break glass."
Why develop him anymore than we already have just so the Bulldogs benefit from it? Instead let the breeders have him after a season playing Bundy league.

Why would you not play a player because they are leaving the club at the end of the year? There is every chance Cayless won't be here in 2011, do we not play him because he is leaving?

You play the best players you have available to you and 2011 can look after itself. It isn't about developing him any further it is about winning the premiership this year......

Bazal

Post Whore
Exactly. I wouldn't give a kid a debut like Hagan did with Tony Williams, but Mortimer is in our best 17 and must play regardless of where he signs. Besides, at his age he may well go to the Dogs, hate it, and want to come back. Treat him like sh*t and that won't happen...

carson

Juniors
Exactly. I wouldn't give a kid a debut like Hagan did with Tony Williams, but Mortimer is in our best 17 and must play regardless of where he signs. Besides, at his age he may well go to the Dogs, hate it, and want to come back. Treat him like sh*t and that won't happen...

Unless your name is Hodges!!

84 Baby

Referee
The Bulldogs treated his entire family like sh*t, yet there's every chance he'll head back there. He was in our top 17 at the end of last season, but this is a new season and, especially for him, people have to prove themselves again. After 1 trial, our only indication of how players are going so far, Keating and Robson are well ahead of him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Im not saying not to use mortimer-What im saying is if he was to sign for the dogs than i would favour keating.We are not talking abot mateo or a hayne we are talking about a guy who has played 12 or so first grade games vs a guy who has played 8 or so.Both probably equaly as impressive as each other..So who would you favour-Loyalty !

84 Baby

Referee
Im not saying not to use mortimer-What im saying is if he was to sign for the dogs than i would favour keating.We are not talking abot mateo or a hayne we are talking about a guy who has played 12 or so first grade games vs a guy who has played 8 or so.Both probably equaly as impressive as each other..So who would you favour-Loyalty !
Exactly. I never said don't use him at all, just if he were to go, it would take injuries or some pretty horrible performances by Keating, Robson, Mateo and even Anthony Mitchell and Matt Keating to call up Mortimer again. Especially considering at the moment he isn't genuinely better than any of them

ROGUE

Juniors
Interesting how the dogs are so nostalgic wanting a mortimer back at the club, yet canberra don't necessarily chase hoffman cos he's dad played for them nor west tigers chase pearce either

The Colonel

Immortal

Exactly. I never said don't use him at all, just if he were to go, it would take injuries or some pretty horrible performances by Keating, Robson, Mateo and even Anthony Mitchell and Matt Keating to call up Mortimer again. Especially considering at the moment he isn't genuinely better than any of them

And if Mateo or Keating decide to leave the club say around Round 10 do we only use them in case of injury from that point on?? :roll:

Laughable.

yy_cheng

Coach
And if Mateo or Keating decide to leave the club say around Round 10 do we only use them in case of injury from that point on?? :roll:

Laughable.

TBH, Mateo no, Keating yes.

Kris and Mortz have very little NRL experience. They are more or less interchangeable and whoever signs with us, I would play at 6 and the other 14.

If both have signed elsewhere, I would really consider leaving the better performing one at 6 and put Mitchell or Humble at 14.

Only if they are outright aweful or we are consistently losing, I would bring back Kris or Mortz.

Lastly, I don't think Daniel's management should've announced this. They should just keep quiet.

The Colonel

Immortal
TBH, Mateo no, Keating yes.

Kris and Mortz have very little NRL experience. They are more or less interchangeable and whoever signs with us, I would play at 6 and the other 14.

If both have signed elsewhere, I would really consider leaving the better performing one at 6 and put Mitchell or Humble at 14.

Only if they are outright aweful or we are consistently losing, I would bring back Kris or Mortz.

Lastly, I don't think Daniel's management should've announced this. They should just keep quiet.

:lol:

I am SO glad that you guys aren't running this club......

84 Baby

Referee

Laughable.
If we lose 2 or all 3 we're pretty much f'ed anyway. The major point we're trying to say is that if Mortimer signed with Dogs, Keating signed with us, or vice versa then which one would you play? And we're talking early in the season because Mortimer said he wanted to sign before round 1. If it gets too late in the season then you have to factor in ladder position, recent results, player's performance

The Colonel

Immortal
If we lose 2 or all 3 we're pretty much f'ed anyway. The major point we're trying to say is that if Mortimer signed with Dogs, Keating signed with us, or vice versa then which one would you play? And we're talking early in the season because Mortimer said he wanted to sign before round 1. If it gets too late in the season then you have to factor in ladder position, recent results, player's performance

You'd play the person who gives you the best chance of winning this year. Pretty simple really.....