What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It may have been ugly, but.............

sooperdooper

First Grade
finch was never there when we needed him.... smith played alot better than last week but can play better still..
there is a long long long way to go for our team our defence needs alot of work

Kornstar

Coach
Blake Green deadset would have played himself into First Grade next week at any other club (considering how bad our first grade 5/8th has been), his solo effort for a try should put alot of people's comments about his speed to rest, he is faster than people think. The chip and chase was beautiful, he was outstanding!!!

Hauraki, Fa'aso, Paulo and Taia are killing it and the first grade boys will need to watch themselves cause they are lethal!!!!!

Inu was a complete handful all night as was Taulima and Etu.......

Utey

Coach
Once again, a few of guys are jumping the gun. Blake was good, but still a long way to go to take Finch's position.

Gronk

Staff member
The Feleti fans should take note that for the short time he was on the field, he has 3 missed tackles and 3 errors in possession.

He'd still be in my 17 for next week, but when we play a big side and need two big pigs on the bench, he will be the one to drop off.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
Once again, a few of guys are jumping the gun. Blake was good, but still a long way to go to take Finch's position.

actually, I think his closer than what you imagine..;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Blake Green deadset would have played himself into First Grade next week at any other club (considering how bad our first grade 5/8th has been), his solo effort for a try should put alot of people's comments about his speed to rest, he is faster than people think. The chip and chase was beautiful, he was outstanding!!!

Hauraki, Fa'aso, Paulo and Taia are killing it and the first grade boys will need to watch themselves cause they are lethal!!!!!

Inu was a complete handful all night as was Taulima and Etu.......

I had a chat to Rip and Joey lastnight and although they were happy with the win they were very concerned the way they dropped off during the match they were brilliant in the first 20 minutes followed byu a very mediocre display in the next half an hour before they finished the game with a bit of fashon.

That was best display I've ever seen of Green, Fa'aosso was an absolute weapon and Weller, Zeb and Junior were all bending the line.

although INU seems to be the golden child at the moment, Taulima is quickly catching up to him and Joey Grima is off the opinion that he wouldn't be out of place in a firstgrade jersey if given the opportunity.

btw, when he's in the clear can Etu motor or what???

Gronk

Staff member
Agree that PL boys played brilliantly for most of the game last night. Blake's turn of speed did surprise me and his skills were top class.

The forwards dominated the 'Pies pack who were very ordinary for most of the match.

Suitman

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Hey Suity, did Finch play?

Agreed, Finch had a shocker.
But generally, I thought the team all went into the trenches together. They were passionate and comitted, even though their execution was poor at times.

A couple of lucky tries, but we took them and made the most of it.

It was a much improved effort.

Very happy to see Hagan leave out Lowrie for Mateo.
Even though Mateo was dangerous, he has a lot of work to do. Not just his handling errors, but his defence was quite ordinary as well.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
they showed good resolve to win a game, to be fair, where I do not think the best side won.

A win is a win is a win is 2 points.

Some of the guys who have been awol stepped up nicely.

I thought our kicking game was pretty ordinary....and we threatened very rarely in attack however

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
stuke said:
a pretty win or an ugly win.... they are all worth the same in points. hopefully that gets the team on track for the rest of the season.

a pretty ugly win

but we'll take it

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
You didn't know he was that fast. I didn't know he could run...That'll pump his metres gained up.
He did play well though, I'll give him that....

He did take on the line a few times, almost scored in the first half by taking on the line....i think his starting to work his game out.
He had a few heavy kicks on him, but that will improve as he plays more games.

knightsyeah12

Juniors
I couldnt believe how little finch did, he must have been running away from the bal all the time, coz i saw him in the first 10 minutes then didnt hear of him agian till after half time. def needs to be droped or something, played horrible

'pies defence was atrocious. to put some of these PL players up from a poorly performing PL team to a reasonably performing FG team in the raiders is a big ask.

Kornstar

Coach
I still think we are getting very poor service out of dummy half and such slow play the balls on 5th tackle's, it isn't just one player getting caught out kicking it was Smith, Finch and Burt.

When we get to the last play there is no urgency from the player tackled and the dummy half, then we pass the ball flat to the kicker, we really need to give it to them deeper imo......

Redback71

First Grade
yes excellent what we need is more games like this so we can play ourselves into some form, hopefully the raiders next week will help with that cause.

Still a long season ahead on last nights form. There seems to be no spark, enthusiasm, nor game breaker in our team. They are just going through the motions. Time for some of our "stars" to step up to the mark.

If he can keep his swinging arms down, I think Fui maybe the man that will prove to be a major influence on the team. His running straight at the line, and showing some agro & go forward, will help the team get on a roll. Nothing has changed in this game - if your forwards are winning the battle, the backs will do the rest.

I think we need to stop looking at the players coming through the ranks - and concentrate on the ones that are on the field. Its scary to see how many people are already looking for answers from the lower grade! We should have been 0 from 3 today, and hopefully hagan is not letting the guys think that it was a great victory - they still need their asses kicked, because, we all know they are a lot better team than what they have been showing. I think the tiges could take more confidence out of that game than what Parra can (although, they go to see the cowgirls next weekend) Farrah was on fire.