What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It shouldn't be this way.

newman

First Grade
their are good and bad supporters at every club, their are a couple of cronulla fans who come in here and make some intelligent postings, i won't say their names x? don't want to give them a big head, x? sorry to say NEWMAN your not one of them, your sooky posts fool no one.

I generally dont worry about poor spelling, grammar, syntax and sentence structure. Hell, I spelled calendar incorrectly in my initial post. But when you fire off about someone being unintelligent, you might want to get your grammar,syntax and spelling correct, because it is a reasonable window into your own intellect. Counting the 6 errors in four lines of text in your above post leads me to believe that it is you who is lacking intellect, and not I. Also, Pat, what did I say to upset you so much?

Its the rival teams players (its not just Dragons players, but there are a lot of them) that live, party and generally swan around Cronulla like they own the joint that sh*ts me, and other sharks fans.

also applies to sharks players e.g. greg bird, brett seymour.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I do believe that I already explained that historically St George already own Cronulla-Sutherland. In all aspects, football or otherwise.
The geographic reality is simply that, a reality, but it can be suffocating. Its the rival teams players (its not just Dragons players, but there are a lot of them) that live, party and generally swan around Cronulla like they own the joint that sh*ts me, and other sharks fans.
lol. Yes, I know the shire doesn't like outsiders. The irony is that if get a tan you're likely to be belted up inside a train carriage.

newman said:
Particularly when they are off contract and they wont even entertain negotiating with the Sharks.
Well there's a good reason for that.

Someone very sad asked herself why do we do this every year? Why do we the fans sit through the same thing every year, year after year?

WHY?

I'll tell you why! Because we are mental! Yes, we are Mental! And it is true, that some say we are mad, and we are. We are extremely mad.... but we are loyal. We are the Loyalest DAMN St George supporters, that the WORLD has bloody ever seen!

/inspirational speech

Perfect thread OurRedV:thumn

is that me?

i did say that cos i was pissed off - however, i wouldnt have it any other way

footy is my life - to be there when we win the comp is the only thing i want to achieve. getting married, havoing kids, a career - that all comes in 2nd to dragons winning the big one

big pat

Coach
is that me?

i did say that cos i was pissed off - however, i wouldnt have it any other way

footy is my life - to be there when we win the comp is the only thing i want to achieve. getting married, havoing kids, a career - that all comes in 2nd to dragons winning the big one

good way to put things into perspective.:D

hellteam

First Grade
I think teams hate us because we have a proud, successful history but moreso the fact that we have the biggest supporter base in the NRL. Of course the home fans are going to be more keen to stick it up Saints fans when we outnumber them at their own home ground. It's natural.

Same goes for Collingwood fans in the AFL (which is why I like them) and big clubs in the EPL.

I personally love the fact that we are hated and love to see other teams "fans" coming in here and spending their time and energy on our forum.

I think, in a strange way, it shows respect.

Well that's wrong. And a bit arrogant :sarcasm:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well that's wrong. And a bit arrogant :sarcasm:
This is where you start becoming a troll.

You're in the Dragons forum. If Dragons supporters feel we have the biggest and best supporter base, then that's good enough for me.

It's an argument that can be had with stats etc - btw Dragons home and away attendances will would smack just every other team, if not all - but at the end of the day, we're the best.

When Brett Morris was asked about supporters recently, he said Saints supporters are the best in the comp.

You think that's arrogance? I call it pride. If you can't cop it, move along.

RedVDave

First Grade
As per usual, come the final knock out of the season, year after year we see and hear the same thing in these forums and from the mouths of not only opposition fans... but our own.

Being heavily involved with the Dragon Army, for the past 3 seasons a number of us have poured blood sweat and tears into making the DA fun to be a part of again.
From flags to banners, signs, bus trips, meet-ups, BBQ's and touch footy days - it's been a very long season. To all involved thank you.

Now to my point. Work colleagues, friends, family and others often ask "why?"... Why do we keep on going putting so much passion into the mighty Red V? There is an endless list of reasons I have to choose from when giving the answer to whoever is asking, but come this time of year it gets a lot harder to explain. The thing which makes it harder, is all of the haters, all of the people who jump on these very forums and start bad mouthing the coach, the players and the club. I just don't see the point in it, does it make you feel better? Does it make the seasons end easier to cope with?

A lot of us used to be negative towards the CEO, the coach and the players but we have seen the light. You can enjoy the game a lot more when you just support the team.

Sentimental thread or not, I'm just embarrassed to be associated with 2 types of Dragons fans.

If you are either of these types of people, then you are an embarrassment, not only to me but to the Players, the Coaches and everything associated with the St. George Illawarra Dragons.

1) You kick the boot into the team after every loss and after the seasons end. You have more negative things than positive things to say about the team and club. You never offer positive and constructive feedback re: the team, club and even the DA (you stand on the hill and create division amongst old and new).

2) You gloat. Instead of being 'concerned' about your own back yard, you're over the neighbours' fence carrying on about how great your grass is. You are more interested in fueling the hatred and being a bad sport, than showing the better hand and being a better man. It's not even about being modest, it's more that you wouldn't know how to recognise fairness if it smacked you in the face.

We have enough abuse to cop by opposition fans come this time of the year, perhaps if we just banded together we wouldn't have such a hard time, and it'd be just meaningless mucking around banter. Like it should be.

/rant.

DA2009.jpg

Props for the thread Stel! True supporters stay loyal to their team through thick and thin.
Although the loss on Saturday night might have been hard to stomach for some we have come such a long way! This year our club is still rebuilding and we will get better and better as the years go on under Saint Benny.

hellteam

First Grade
This is where you start becoming a troll.

You're in the Dragons forum. If Dragons supporters feel we have the biggest and best supporter base, then that's good enough for me.

It's an argument that can be had with stats etc - btw Dragons home and away attendances will would smack just every other team, if not all - but at the end of the day, we're the best.

When Brett Morris was asked about supporters recently, he said Saints supporters are the best in the comp.

You think that's arrogance? I call it pride. If you can't cop it, move along.

I'm sorry, but I was joking (hence the sarcasm smiley face next to my comment) because everyone else had been going on about 'arrogance'. I'm fine with arrogance, we get it all the time.

And yes, you guys have the best away attendences, not overall though.

RedVDave

First Grade
Let me preface this by saying I dont think I have ever posted in another teams forum.

You are right in that there is a perception out there that Saints fans are arrogant and cocky, right or wrong, and I think thats where the hatred from others comes from. I also get the impression that St George fans honestly believe they have some sort of entitlement to success and a premiership above other teams, and this rubs people up the wrong way, I know I find it irritating. I spent many years working at St G bank head office and drank plenty at St George Leagues, so I feel I have a reasonable barometer for dragons fans.
Ive also been to plenty of Sharks v Dragons derbies at all venues (Kogarah, WIN, ANZ and SFS) and can honestly say that I look forward to the derby games more than any other in the football calender. However, I must say that some of the worst displays of 'supporting' and supporters I have ever witnessed have come from those in red and white.

Add this to the fact that your mob absolutely surrounds us and most of your players live and leisure in the shire and I gotta say I enjoy seeing you lose. But being a fanatical supporter I empathise with the frustration you are feeling now.

Bad Luck and see you next year!

I hope this is also your last visit on our forum! For starters it's not arrogance it's destiny, and mate get over 'the shire' seriously anyone is welcome no matter who they are, or what club they play for besides I would take as a compliment that people actually go there because I could think of a million other places that are 1000 times better than the shire.