What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It shouldn't be this way.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
One of my favourite all time cricketers...

This bloke was arrogant, but he had every right to be.

24_viv.jpg

Yes, I'm looking forward to summer now....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Brian Lara and his girlfriend saga was confirmation. What a great team they were before it turned to sh*t.

Viv was often accused of arrogance, but he was just a bloody great batsman and captain.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Vivian is still a girls name.. :lol:
and who calls their son Garfield.
darn i wish these greats were still around, especially Lara, as I would love to see him bat again.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Greg Chapell was arrogant. Botham was Arrogant. Lillee was Arrogant. Big Bird was arrogant. Anybody from India was arrogant. No way was Viv in any of their leagues

TheRev

Coach
I love to analyse & dissect games and the squad, look for ways to improve.. there is nothing else to do between games, but never in an angry way, you learn after supporting sport for a long time, that you need to expect pain, just like the other 14 sides that wont win the G/F this year.

However, if I knew the players read these forums (and it would be silly for them to do so), I would certainly temper what I say, as im not trying to coach or develop players... I have no idea what is going through the players minds, what areas they are working on, is Boyd working on improving his offence, is he capable of it? What position does Young or Hornby see themselves playing in 2010? Im not privvy to that, and which is why the opinions on the forums are just opinions, and all we can do is analyse what happens for 80 minutes each week.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
what is your point? That anything Dragons is remotely on the same level as Sir Viv?
You are off your nut if you think that. An 11 year heritage of rule manipulation & control of the code is nothing to be proud of. Especially seeing most of the St George supporters of that era are now Melbourne, Broncos, Titans & N. Qld supporters & the supporters of the current era, who actually support an entity created by 2 clubs merging, have no connection to that era.

Bath's Babes

Juniors
the number of new parra and dogs supporters in my area since the beginning of the finals is disgraceful. Also, the number of new dragons supporters at the beginning of the season and the number of losses after we got knocked out is pathetic.

An 11 year heritage of rule manipulation & control of the code is nothing to be proud of. Especially seeing most of the St George supporters of that era are now Melbourne, Broncos, Titans & N. Qld supporters & the supporters of the current era, who actually support an entity created by 2 clubs merging, have no connection to that era.

That's your opinion.
Unless you have stats to support, which I'm sure you don't.
Cred = 0
B***S*** ratio = 100:1

big pat

Coach
what is your point? That anything Dragons is remotely on the same level as Sir Viv?
You are off your nut if you think that. An 11 year heritage of rule manipulation & control of the code is nothing to be proud of. Especially seeing most of the St George supporters of that era are now Melbourne, Broncos, Titans & N. Qld supporters & the supporters of the current era, who actually support an entity created by 2 clubs merging, have no connection to that era.

this post shows that you are a complete f**kwit.

melon....

Coach
At the Roosters last game, Dragons fans actually turned up and threw wooden spoons at Easts supporters. Now in 2002 I welcomed Souffs back with a bag full of hand painted, cherished Red and Green spoons, and I handed them out gently and with a smile. These morons that represented your fan base, threw them at people and carried on like, well you know, like the July Premiers that you are.

The 2009 choke I believe was very apt and a dose of Karma for the morons that ruined Fitzy's farewell game.

You reap what you sew, and for Saints fans, out in straight sets in 2009 was more than fitting.

Good luck in 2010. :)

PS.

Im waiting for teh gutless turds "Theo" and Redv65 or some sh*t like that to turn up at nospam13.com.au and face the music. if it was good enough for teh April Grand Finalists to give us sh*t 2 weeks ago, its time they showed some BALLS and HEART and turn up. Pussies.

big pat

Coach
At the Roosters last game, Dragons fans actually turned up and threw wooden spoons at Easts supporters. Now in 2002 I welcomed Souffs back with a bag full of hand painted, cherished Red and Green spoons, and I handed them out gently and with a smile. These morons that represented your fan base, threw them at people and carried on like, well you know, like the July Premiers that you are.

The 2009 choke I believe was very apt and a dose of Karma for the morons that ruined Fitzy's farewell game.

You reap what you sew, and for Saints fans, out in straight sets in 2009 was more than fitting.

Good luck in 2010. :)

PS.

Im waiting for teh gutless turds "Theo" and Redv65 or some sh*t like that to turn up at nospam13.com.au and face the music. if it was good enough for teh April Grand Finalists to give us sh*t 2 weeks ago, its time they showed some BALLS and HEART and turn up. Pussies.

pity someone didn't wrap a wooden spoon around your melon, btw enjoy the choke aginst the cowboys after leading 16-0.

Rastafarian

Bench
Great post Red V. Well said.
Let me start with a thank you note to the teams, who give us the fan a fabolous time earlier in the season. It was certainly a disappointing finish but having said that, there are also many positives that we can take from 2009 season. I wouldn't lie to say that I shed a few tears late after the game but after reminishing all the good times I had this season, somehow the pain eased away. I've succesfully converted my fiance to become a rugby leage fan and the next mission is to convert her to be a dragon supporter. 2 years plan I reckone...
Last but certainly not least, I would like to give two thumps up to all you loyal St. George Illawarra dragon. You guys inspire me a lot with your passion and dedication to the team! Dragon is my first rugby league team that I support and thanks to you guys, I have no intention whatsoever to change; so thank you for the inspiration. 2010, bring it on!

melon....

Coach
pity someone didn't wrap a wooden spoon around your melon, btw enjoy the choke aginst the cowboys after leading 16-0.
LOL..We werent claiming the premiership 3 months ago were we numb nuts? I know its only a small minority of Saints fans that are complete morons....but hey they exist.

You guys are the Jedi Masters of the Choke.

As Yoda would say...hmmm - the Choke is strong in this one!!!

Nothing beats watching the Saints fans cry after yet another Saints choke (excpet smashing Souffs by 40). Especially after you idiots spend weeks giving it to other supporters. If you can dish it out, you can take it big boy.

Do the Oki Chokie.