What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It TRULY was a privelege just to be there last Sunday

OVP

Coach
Its been 3, going on 4 years since my team have even come close to looking like a rugby league team. So im just truly happy to witness their turnaround these days. I dont care if we dont make the 8, we are looking good for the future, so im happy with that.

But last Sunday, those who went to the SFS, were treated to possibly the highest quality game of rugby league, not seen on these shores since the 1989 Grand Final between Balmain and Canberra (but hey, thats only my opinion ... dont crucify me you Tiges or Raiders fans :)).

One thing that has to be said though, is that BOTH sets of fans were so engrossed in the game, there was no thought at all of any stupid things done by any sets of fans. I think its about respect too ... i'll never forget after the 2002 GF against the Warriors (i wasnt there, but everyone commented on how great the Warriors fans were after the game) ... we just ended up shaking each others hands, yesterday and the same was done in 2002 (so i am told). Both sets of fans could easily feel ripped off with yet another disgraceful refereeing performance, but im not too sure about you Warriors fans, i felt like all my energy was completely sapped from my body after that amazing game. Both teams were completely out on their feet, i bet they slept well LOL :)

Just wanted to thank the players and both sets of fans, for one hell of great day. Thanks to all.

p.s. you are sh*tting me if the crowd was only 15k ... bollocks !!

OVP

Coach
Btw ... you Warriors fans are hilarious. Wish we could play you every week. I laughed my arse off the whole game, good stuff fellas :)

OVP

Coach
Freddy and Ivan Cleary ... both of them are great coaches ... nothing will fluster either of them (no wonder Stuart HATES Cleary, He calls him "that coach") Well dear little Ricky, Mr Cleary owns you, when Cleary was at The Roosters he was awesome, but you never liked competition did you Ricky ? Enjoy the spoon Ricky.

eels_fan_01

Bench
One of the best games i have seen. It was just so excited for the fact that you had no idea what was going to happen, both teams would have blown many oppositions away with the preformances they put in, great stuff. I think Roosters will end up making the 8 i think.

Warriors fans do add an different atmosphere at the games, they bring good fun whether they win or lose.

Stagger eel

Staff member
looked just as good on TV even my misses was enthralled and she's not even a league fan.

I went to the game as a neutral.
Classic see-saw battle which had all fans on the edge of their seats.
I also agree, there seemed to be more than 15K at the game.

By the way, the SFS is a magnificent ground to watch football. Not a bad seat in the whole ground.

Iafeta

Referee
Mate, it was great. I loved every second of it. The Warriors fans are great at building a culture of enthusiasm and happiness in a stadium, I remember the Souths game last year where we flogged them and the boys were making the Rabbits supporters just have a good time irrespective of the result... with the classic chant starting up "There ain't no party like a Jerome Ropati"

Iafeta said:
"There ain't no party like a Jerome Ropati"

:lol:

its good to see the roosters playing well again, im happy for you guys. i didnt get to see this game as i was at suncorp watching my boys lose :(

i gotta say, first off, 15 thousand? it looked more like 17thousand minimum! my first thoughts were it was going to be 20k

warriors fans have to be the most cheerful bunch ever. gotta love the bantar and they never get cut they just smile and laugh and chuck it back and you know it's all good humour.

i heard the "there ain't no party like a jerome ropati" a few times

fantastic day, glad it was played infront of a decent crowd

Latest posts