What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was rape, say police

Moggles

Juniors
If there is not enough evidence to prove the players commited a crime, they are not guilty.

Wether you like it or not, that is what has happened.

Deal with it

Rexxy

Coach
* There was a seventh player seen leaving the area before or after events, according to a signed witness statement. That player never came forward.

You cant be happy about that Ibeme.

dice

Juniors
Moggles said:
If there is not enough evidence to prove the players commited a crime, they are not guilty.

Wether you like it or not, that is what has happened.

Deal with it

That is not entirely correct either. One of the investigators stated there is evidence to suggest a rape had been committed but insufficient evidence to convict any individual.

As I said earlier, a perfect case for civil action.

wittyfan

Referee
Its a Dogs World said:
Colonel Eel,
LACK OF EVIDENCE, LACK OF EVIDENCE, LACK OF EVIDENCE

CHARGES NOT LAiD, CHARGES NOT LAID, CHARGES NOT LAID

They have been proven neither innocent nor guilty.......

Your right. Charges not laid, not innocent, not guilty....just assume that the incident never happend!

mickdo,
Lack of evidence does not prove innocence in most peoples eyes. Wake up and smell the roses you idiots. The game has suffered once again at the hands of the dog scum.

the game is suffering due to the media, and also due to rugby League supporters who can't see the truth and are hanging onto their gut feelings.

sullyfan,
There wasn't enough evidence. There was some, but it wasn't enough for charges to be laid. You are not dealing with this very well.

:D :D :D :D Yeah, im pretty sad at the moment. :roll:

If being in denial makes you feel better, then good for you. ;-)

thomo

Juniors
ibeme said:
* There was a seventh player seen leaving the area before or after events, according to a signed witness statement. That player never came forward.
If there was a seventh player who knows what happened I hope he is able to live with his decision not to come forward.

JK

This police detective should be first in line to be sued. If there is insufficient evidence for a conviction then he should not be making statements like that and damaging reputations. Completely irresponsible and unprofessional.

Ibeme has clearly outlined other reasons for why we presume innocence.

If you area judging without the benefit of evidence and against the advice of teh DPP you are an absolute disgrace.

soleilbleu

Juniors
Moggles said:

Not true.

Because of "lack of evidence", there was not a case to be answered to - therefore guilt or non-guilt is not an issue.

Nobody has been cleared of anything. In a way - going to trial and being found "not guilty" would have been the better scenario. Now, the club and its players are forever going to be judged (or misjudged) by the public, any way that they please.

ibeme

First Grade
Rex said:

No, I would have preferred a seventh player to come forward, but I also respect that their within their legal rights not to, just as the police did.

Raider_69

Post Whore
This is not the outcome i had of hope for
Now in MY mind and im sure many others their is doubt over the players innocence

Dogaholic

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Now in MY mind and im sure many others their is doubt over the players innocence

No matter to what extent the were "cleared" or "no evidence" there will be doubt for some people, such as yourself waiting for a hanging.

Rexxy

Coach
ibeme said:
Rex said:

No, I would have preferred a seventh player to come forward, but I also respect that their within their legal rights not to, just as the police did.

Funny, respect isnt a word that I'd use.

This person holds the key, and yet chooses to remain silent. Not a good sign. I hope the identity of this person is made public.

Pigskin

Juniors
thomo said:
ibeme said:
If there was a seventh player who knows what happened I hope he is able to live with his decision not to come forward.

I agree 100% - the 7th player is as bad if not worse than the first 6. Hope he sleeps well - NOT

Oink !

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad the police came forward and admitted that there was evidence of a rape taking place.

If it was not the Bulldogs players, who was it? They were the only ones there.

The NRL board are meeting this afternoon to deciede what action thay are going to take against the Bulldogs.

Bye bye doggies.

JK said:
This police detective should be first in line to be sued. If there is insufficient evidence for a conviction then he should not be making statements like that and damaging reputations. Completely irresponsible and unprofessional.

Whose reputation has he damaged, JK?

ouwet

Bench
Twizzle said:
I'm glad the police came forward and admitted that there was evidence of a rape taking place.

If it was not the Bulldogs players, who was it? They were the only ones there.

The NRL board are meeting this afternoon to deciede what action thay are going to take against the Bulldogs.

Bye bye doggies.

DOnkey said they are gonna fine the club!! Malcolm Noad should tell the NRL to stick the fines and sue Gallop for the way his handled this!!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Its a Dogs World said:
Raider_69 said:

No matter to what extent the were "cleared" or "no evidence" there will be doubt for some people, such as yourself waiting for a hanging.

no had the police report said "there was no evidence of a rape of any kind" then i would have said "right, thats the end of it, players are innocent"

alot of rape cases are dropped due to lack of evidence, dosnt mean all accused are innocent

JJ

Immortal
Its a Dogs World said:
Colonel Eel,
LACK OF EVIDENCE, LACK OF EVIDENCE, LACK OF EVIDENCE

CHARGES NOT LAiD, CHARGES NOT LAID, CHARGES NOT LAID

They have been proven neither innocent nor guilty.......

Your right. Charges not laid, not innocent, not guilty....just assume that the incident never happend!

mickdo,
Lack of evidence does not prove innocence in most peoples eyes. Wake up and smell the roses you idiots. The game has suffered once again at the hands of the dog scum.

the game is suffering due to the media, and also due to rugby League supporters who can't see the truth and are hanging onto their gut feelings.

sullyfan,
There wasn't enough evidence. There was some, but it wasn't enough for charges to be laid. You are not dealing with this very well.

:D :D :D :D Yeah, im pretty sad at the moment. :roll:

You're not doing the perception of your club and your club's fans any good there - mind you, the public perception of your club and your club's fans is about as low as it can go.

If you seriously believe this means there was no wrong doing, and everything is fine in Bulldog land you're quite possibly the most stupid person I have ever encountered. There was evidence, but some of it questionable - it then comes down to a judgement call, and the judgement was not to pursue...

Ibeme :clap: :clap: I take it you're a Bulldogs supporter, and you're views of this have been much more enlightened and intelligent all the way through when compared with many of your peers.

JK

Evidence of rape is the same as evidence of intercourse.

Quite a simple fact yet one you fail to grasp.

Latest posts