What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was rape, say police

Pierced Soul

First Grade
A civil case is also done on a "balance of probablities" rule rather than "beyond reasonable doubt" and also is easier to prove than a criminal convition.

I woudlnt be surprised to see civil action taken

mickdo

Coach
I'm sorry ibeme, but 'balance of probabilities' is exactly how civil matters work. I certainly hope this does go to civil proceedings, just to shut that toss pot Mason up. Fancy demanding an apology after his team mates have broken so many club rules and brought the game into disrepute, insufficient evidence or otherwise. :evil:

ibeme

First Grade
Dean Moriarty said:
Well, it's the correct legal term, ibeme.

I don't doubt that. It just sounds 'iffy', for something as technical as law. It surprises me. How is probability measured?

raftersmob

Juniors
Well by all accounts this women is still traumatised by the whole event.
According to the police there was physical and medical evidence.
If I was here, I would take it to court and get closure at that point.

Also that would mean these hero blokes have to face up to what they are accused of doing. Just like you and I if we do something inappropriate.Until they are made accountable for their alleged actions, this will continue on with the younger generation thinking its ok.its the way it works.

I do feel for the girl,*edited*.The doctors don't lie.Plain simple fact.
*edited*

Unfortunately it did happen.This has affected the game. The way people think anf talk about those players will be affected until they either are man enough to admit what happened, either consentual or not.I have seen players saying no one had any sex with her. Now please do these honestly think we are that stupid.

The clu and NRL are partly to blame with this, because a similar thing happned last year, *edited*. If at that point they got to the bottom of the matter.*edited*

Heaven help our childrem if the boys growing up think its ok for their footy heroes to have a few beers *edited*. That thats what they aspire to be like.

*edited*

We are back in the dark ages. I thought we as a race had evolved.

dice

Juniors
Ibeme, thats what it is. The girl just has to prove that in all probability she was raped and that in all probability it had to be one of more of the bulldogs players and they are screwed. She could sue them for either raping or intentionally withholding evidence.

IMO, although this would be better scenario for any individuals who potentially did the raping it would be worse for the club as they would all be guilty of something.

In a civil case, the jury has to decide which version of events is most likely or plausible. In a criminal case, they can only convict if there is no reasonable doubt that the offence was committed.

JK

It is the correct burden of proof but the offence isn't rape, that is a criminal matter.

If you read that I was disputing civil proceedings taking place you are proving again that you cannot comprehend information.

The woman from 2003 is taking civil action so it can obviously happen.

Dunce.

dice

Juniors
JK said:
It is the correct burden of proof but the offence isn't rape, that is a criminal matter.

If you read that I was disputing civil proceedings taking place you are proving again that you cannot comprehend information.

The woman from 2003 is taking civil action so it can obviously happen.

Dunce.

Where did I state the conviction would be rape?

Learn to read. Dunce.

Mikonstomp

Juniors
Why can't everyone just drop it. I think it's pretty safe to say that no one here has full knowledge of what happened and let alone the law for that matter. It looks like everyone here just wants bulldogs to cop it, and for what reason I don't know. It seems that not many people want to give the Bulldogs club any support in this tough time and as a Tigers and Rugby League Supporter I'm sick of it. Let's just be glad that this debacle is over and lets get on with what is most important the footy.

JJ

Immortal
Mikonstomp said:
Let's just be glad that this debacle is over and lets get on with what is most important the footy.

I like footy as much as the next person - but you're priorities are seriously out of kilter if you think footy is more important. I suggest you think (if this is within your capabilities) a little harder before making moronic and insulting statements like that

JJ

Immortal
LebaneseForces said:
mickdo said:
dice said:
Mikonstomp said:
Let's just be glad that this debacle is over and lets get on with what is most important the footy.

It's not over yet.
It sure as hell isn't

I agree its not over until Gallop is GONE and the media are sued!!!!

yeah yeah - sued for what??? the only people in the wrong here are the Bulldogs, and the proportion of their fans without conciences (or brains)

Gallop is by far the best CEO the NRL/ARL have had in yonks! Calling for his head when it was the Bulldogs who brought this on themselves is laughable.

Dogaholic

First Grade
JJ said:
LebaneseForces said:
mickdo said:
dice said:
Mikonstomp said:

It's not over yet.
It sure as hell isn't

I agree its not over until Gallop is GONE and the media are sued!!!!

yeah yeah - sued for what??? the only people in the wrong here are the Bulldogs, and the proportion of their fans without conciences (or brains)

moron

Mikonstomp

Juniors
JJ said:
Mikonstomp said:

I like footy as much as the next person - but you're priorities are seriously out of kilter if you think footy is more important. I suggest you think (if this is within your capabilities) a little harder before making moronic and insulting statements like that

Were you or anyone in this forum part of Strike Force Mcguinon? No
Were you involved in the DPP's decision? No
The point i was trying to make in my post, re-reading now doesn't look like likes come across the way I have liked, was that people here are just sticking to bulldogs supporters and players even when they have no case to answer.

And yes I do think football is more imortant, NOW THAT the DPP has released its findings. I sure as hell don't think that a crime being commited againts someone is less important than football. There is no case to answer so football now has hit top priority.