What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its not over

belmoreeel

Juniors
actually cronulla out played us in those games i think we threw away the knights game and the first broncos game

Springs

First Grade
There is another way. If both Broncos and Raiders lose next week (doubtful, Raiders just happen to play the Cowboys), and we smash Souths then we will be equal eighth with Broncos, Raiders and possibly Knights. Then we will have to beat the for and against of whoever wins between Broncos and Raiders to make 8th...

The other way is better.

sarahk

Juniors
Guys, lets just resign to the fact that this is not our year. It's not that im not being loyal, but im being realistic. . I think the tigers game has shattered our teams hopes and i just dont see them doing the near impossible to make in the finals.

I keep remembering last year when Hindy was asked how many of our last 8 (?) did he think we had to win to make it to the finals, and he said 9. Not even that is motivating me to believe that we can do it :(

Springs

First Grade
Guys, lets just resign to the fact that this is not our year. It's not that im not being loyal, but im being realistic. . I think the tigers game has shattered our teams hopes and i just dont see them doing the near impossible to make in the finals.

I keep remembering last year when Hindy was asked how many of our last 8 (?) did he think we had to win to make it to the finals, and he said 9. Not even that is motivating me to believe that we can do it :(

Why? It's obviously not our year but I can still be delusional and have hope if I want to, otherwise the rest of the year becomes boring.
Don't you see that we were obviously robbed yesterday as Fifita's try came on the back of a wrong six again call and Tahu was taken out after the siren. If those calls go our way we win by 60...
Eels to smash Souths and Warriors by 60 each and win four straight to take out the premiership.

mrpwnd

Bench
With the current state of our team, we don't deserve to be anywhere near a finals appearance. Everyone in that team needs to go into the off-season with a severe look in the mirror and genuinely question why they have sucked and chocked all season, there was absolutely no motivation to improve after a devastating grand final loss and I want all the boys to really reflect on everything once off-season training starts.
Disgrace.

Prop Forward

Juniors
We play Warriors in last round. If they lose this week and we put 30 on them we we play them, our F and A will be better than theirs.

It does depend on other results.

It is not impossible, but unlikely.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
do you really believe the way we are playing that we can make a difference in the finals? i would prefer we send Caylo out a winner V warriors and miss out on finals than play Dragons first week and let them have their "revenge" from last year and possibly smash us again
that's a fairly good point... scenario wise, i'd rather see Caylo's last game at Parra Stadium

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
hahaha - i read that and was like 'why would Caylo make his last game v Souths and not v Warriors?'

(idiot)

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Also...

there is another way where we don't need to hope the Raiders lose to Cowboys.

If the Warriors beat the Broncos, and then the Broncos beat the Raiders, it will come down to For and Against between us, Broncos and Raiders - provided we win both our games of course.

IF we bash the Rabbits and the Warriors give the Broncs a nice touch up, then overtaking both Raiders and Broncos is not beyond the realms of possibility. AND they play before us in the final round!

What we need this weekend is:

* Us to smash the Rabbits
* Either Broncos to smash the Warriors (preferable) or Warriors to smash the Broncs. We don't want this game to be close. Whoever gets away first we need them to keep on going.
* Cowboys to stick as close to Raiders as possible.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
ps

anyone that hopes we don't make the Finals so that Cayless can say goodbye with a win, instead of being smashed by Dragons, is a fool.

We can beat the Dragons if we make it.

Djay

Juniors
We don't deserve to be in the 8, and to think we can still make depending on other results is wrong. We have been disappointing all year and can't give this comp a shake with the way we have been playing. TBH I said it after the Roosters game that our season was over.

parraeelz

Juniors
We don't deserve to be in the 8, and to think we can still make depending on other results is wrong. We have been disappointing all year and can't give this comp a shake with the way we have been playing. TBH I said it after the Roosters game that our season was over.

I don't know I get the feeling that if in some miraculous way we did make the 8 we could cause trouble as that second chance would seem like the world after the Tigers game to all the players...and making the 8 would also involve us killing the bunnies and the warriors