What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official: Withers

Simon

Juniors
From nrl.com

Withers signs with Raiders

22 October 2004

St George Illawarra hooker Lincoln Withers today signed a four-year deal with the Canberra Raiders.

The 23-year-old left the Raiders at the end of the 2000 season to pursue his rugby league career with Wests Tigers before joining the Dragons this year.

Withers is a former Canberra junior and said he was looking forward to playing first grade with his old team-mates.

"I never really wanted to leave the Raiders and was delighted when they called up and expressed an interest," he said.

"My mother and father and in-laws all live in Canberra and we preferred to bring up our kids here rather than Sydney."

Father-of-two Withers played all 25 NRL matches for the Dragons this year and appeared in 80 first grade matches with the Wests Tigers between 2001 and 2003.

Brought to you by AAP

© AAP

thickos

First Grade
withers_150.jpg

Green suits him. 8)

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Lets hope he can erase my last memory of him playing for the Raiders in the semi final against the Roosters - when he was run over time after time in defence.

Just on that game we had two big calls go against us for the Roosters 2nd and 3rd tries in that second half that cost us any chance of staying in the game - one was an offside and the other a forward pass... not the way the great man Daley should've gone out... but at least I was there to see it.

woodgers

Bench
Our best signing. :clap:

He will add real spark around the ruck and get us going forward no matter where he plays. I am really pleased about this. Having said that, he was probably brought here to be understudy in case Bulgarelli gets injured.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
best signing???

not quite from where I sit....

one J Smith by a country mile then it's much of a muchness and then a few guys we should've not wasted time on (no names!). We have recruited well though.

woodgers

Bench
I reckon he will prove more effective than Frawley, Smith or Adamson. I hope I am proven wrong but I don't think I will be. I am certain he will add more than the others.

Anyway, best signing or not he will slot in nicely :D

LeagueisNo1

Juniors
Thats a great signing for the Raiders after he left Canberra in 2000 to join the Wests Tigers.

Withers Stats at Canberra
4 NRL matches (2000).
3 Start and 1 repl.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Good signing guys, Raiders won't regret it

Too bad Dragons couldn't keep him, but our future is Ennis

I'll never forget that hit on Galavuo :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
best signing???

one J Smith by a country mile then it's much of a muchness and then a few guys we should've not wasted time on (no names!). We have recruited well though.

Prodman.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Jason Smith!!!!!!!!!??????????

I think Jermaine Ale and Withers are our two best signings. Smith will be a disaster, big time.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Prodigiousman said:
best signing???

Prodman.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Jason Smith!!!!!!!!!??????????

I think Jermaine Ale and Withers are our two best signings. Smith will be a disaster, big time.

Frawley could well be our best signing.

Bay56

First Grade
Its not often I give managemant some credit but the signing of Withers deserves as much.

All I need now is news that the coach has been sacked and I will be over the moon.

azza

Juniors
Just seems a little odd that there is all this hooplah over his signing now, but we let him go quite happily in 2000. Has he improved as a player that much in the ensuing four years?

Anyway he adds some spark to our side and that's always a good thing.

I think he has improved a hell of a lot since he was here, and I think that's mainly due to him switching positions, as hooker is clearly his best position. I think he was playing 5/8th down here at one stage. #-o

Latest posts