What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new coach, give them time

NumberOne

Juniors
Next year it will be:

"ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new halfback, give them time"

Year After it will be:

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have just lost Burt and Hindy to retirement, give them time...

I don't know about you, but I am over the excuses.

yy_cheng

Coach
Dont' forget that in 2015, Mortz apprenticeship will be over and we'll have the best 5/8th eva

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year I expected us to miss the 8 and next year I expect us to make the 8.

I reckon Sandow will finish this year on a massive high but next year will be a bit of a let-down early on. He'll still be streets ahead of anybody we've got at the club.

But by the end of next year Sandow will be in good form and we'll go well in the finals.

I think in 2013 we'll be genuine premiership contenders.

MrT

Juniors
Next year it will be:

Year After it will be:

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have just lost Burt and Hindy to retirement, give them time...

are you for real?
Have you had a look at the players that took the field tonight?

We have the weakest squad in the NRL
6 players have left the club during the year
Poore has been out all season
Reddy and Loko now gone for season

We were behind the eightball to begin the season

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Next year it will be:

Year After it will be:

Herp de de derp derp!!! Without Hayne our 1-7 is easily the worst in the comp.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Next year it will be:

Year After it will be:

homer_simpson_on_couch_in_superman_.jpg

lingard

Coach
This year I expected us to miss the 8 and next year I expect us to make the 8.

I reckon Sandow will finish this year on a massive high but next year will be a bit of a let-down early on. He'll still be streets ahead of anybody we've got at the club.

But by the end of next year Sandow will be in good form and we'll go well in the finals.

I think in 2013 we'll be genuine premiership contenders.

That all makes sense. I agree with you.

NumberOne

Juniors
are you for real?

Herp de de derp derp!!! Without Hayne our 1-7 is easily the worst in the comp.

Geeze some of you people greatly underestimate our squad...

Hayne, 2009 was the best player in the world by a country mile.
Reddy, Smith= above average first graders
Casey McGuire: has played Origin, contributed massively to Broncos premierships in 2000's.
Chris Walker, Carl Webb: Origin players
Mortimer: in 2009, was the best thing since sliced bread...club through money at him, he failed to live up to expectations
Moimoi: best front rower in the game
Mannah: best front rower in NSW
Luke Burt: Eels all time leading try scorer and by end of the year will be in the Top 10 all time point scorers in Australian Rugby League
Hindmarsh; nuff said
Shackleton: city/country rep
Allgood: Very good up and coming youngster.
and now Maitua who has played for Australia.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see a lot of players who used to be good, and a club which currently has the worst halfback options in the NRL.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
are you for real?

And they had a Toyota Cup Side, no matter how talented young Broncs are its a game we should have won, sick to death of excuses, considering we had "turned the corner" in the past month, correct?

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Next year it will be:

Year After it will be:

I think there are a lot of people over reacting to Friday night. It is no secret that Hayne is the main man in our team. Even with this new style, if Hayne is not involved, not much happens. I thought the boys tried hard and Luke Burt again proved what little his knockers actually know about RL. The shining light for me, though, was Reni Maitua. People forget what a good player he was - and, it seems, still is. He is going to be a great contributor to the squad this season and next. Having said that, I can't see us possibly making the 8 this year (stating the obvious there). Things should improve next year - or questions need to be asked.

NumberOne, I really hope you're wrong. I have said previously that I feared we were heading back to the dark old days of the late 80's/early 90's. If your little snapshot of the future is accurate, we may indeed be heading there but let's not start slashing our wrists just yet.

WOE

Haynzy

First Grade
Agreed, Reni adds another dimension to our team.
With Hayne and Mannah to comeback and Poore and Loko when they're fit... we'll be better at some stage.

aqua_duck

Coach
Geeze some of you people greatly underestimate our squad...

Hayne, 2009 was the best player in the world by a country mile.
Reddy, Smith= above average first graders
Casey McGuire: has played Origin, contributed massively to Broncos premierships in 2000's.
Chris Walker, Carl Webb: Origin players
Mortimer: in 2009, was the best thing since sliced bread...club through money at him, he failed to live up to expectations
Moimoi: best front rower in the game
Mannah: best front rower in NSW
Luke Burt: Eels all time leading try scorer and by end of the year will be in the Top 10 all time point scorers in Australian Rugby League
Hindmarsh; nuff said
Shackleton: city/country rep
Allgood: Very good up and coming youngster.
and now Maitua who has played for Australia.
do you live in fairy land?
Reddy and Ben Smith this season have been barely of 1st grade standard, McGuire hardly contributed massively to Brisbane's premiership in 06, and played 2 game for Qld off the bench about 6 years ago. Webb and Walker aren't of NRL standard and haven't been for a long time. Moi Moi isn't in the same league as Matt Scott, Hindmarsh's best days are past time, and Maitua hasn't played for 2 years.
Going by your logic Antonio Kaufusi would be a star, premiership winner, Qld and Aust rep.

spartan2153

Juniors
do you live in fairy land?
Reddy and Ben Smith this season have been barely of 1st grade standard, McGuire hardly contributed massively to Brisbane's premiership in 06, and played 2 game for Qld off the bench about 6 years ago. Webb and Walker aren't of NRL standard and haven't been for a long time. Moi Moi isn't in the same league as Matt Scott, Hindmarsh's best days are past time, and Maitua hasn't played for 2 years.
Going by your logic Antonio Kaufusi would be a star, premiership winner, Qld and Aust rep.

so isnt the coaches job to get them to perform like firstgraders

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so isnt the coaches job to get them to perform like firstgraders

Not if they're not first graders.

Otherwise Bennett (if we can agree he's a great coach) wouldn't bother with recruiting. He would just get any old nuffies to "perform like first graders".

spartan2153

Juniors
Not if they're not first graders.

Otherwise Bennett (if we can agree he's a great coach) wouldn't bother with recruiting. He would just get any old nuffies to "perform like first graders".

so smith, reddy, shacleton( is recovering from a major injury so he passes for me but not for some), horo, mcguire are not first graders.

Latest posts