What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new coach, give them time

IFR33K

Coach
I could cop boring if it meant winning. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Question for you and anyone else. Are you happy with the style of play you have witnessed last year and this year to date?????

BTW, please don't try and put spin on my question or your answer. A direct answer is sufficient.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I could cop boring if it meant winning. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Question for you and anyone else. Are you happy with the style of play you have witnessed last year and this year to date?????

BTW, please don't try and put spin on my question or your answer. A direct answer is sufficient.

I wasn't happy last year - but with our halves last year, we had little choice.

As for this year, can we really judge? We played a terrific Broncos side in pouring rain, missing Hayne, Tonga and eventually Roberts. Not a great first-up performance - although I thought out first half was encouraging -, but there are certainly mitigating factors.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah Storm are boring. It's just that they score when they get down the other mob's end. We need to get that last bit right.

TheRam

Coach
I wasn't happy last year - but with our halves last year, we had little choice.

As for this year, can we really judge? We played a terrific Broncos side in pouring rain, missing Hayne, Tonga and eventually Roberts. Not a great first-up performance - although I thought out first half was encouraging -, but there are certainly mitigating factors.

Really? They were more diabolical then we were in the 1st half. It's just that we played them into form by the second half.

If you didn't notice that then you are a very poor judge of play.

But I will reserve my judgement on the team and SK till we have had at least a month of play with both Hanye and Sandow in the team together. Also WT needs to be in the backline otherwise we are pretty usless out wide too.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Boring play can work, just need to mix it up more and not be so predictable

Yeah - I can't believe we didn't put 40 on the outstanding Broncos defence in the wet.

Sack them all I say - bring back Humble and Morts as our halves and Carl Webb in the front row. We might not score any points, but at least we'll be able to have guessing competitions about which of Humble or Morts is hidden inside Webbs shirt. That'll REALLY be something to be excited about!

broncos2010

Juniors
Don't worry hayne and sandow combo will be one of the best in the comp just wait and see all you need is some more solid 2nd rowers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Really? They were more diabolical then we were in the 1st half. It's just that we played them into form by the second half.

If you didn't notice that then you are a very poor judge of play.

But I will reserve my judgement on the team and SK till we have had at least a month of play with both Hanye and Sandow in the team together. Also WT needs to be in the backline otherwise we are pretty usless out wide too.

I didn't notice that because I totally disagree. We dominated that first half through solid, punishing defence. The key difference between the first and second halves was that whilst we continued to shoot ourselves in the foot by making schoolboy errors and lost our five-eighth to injury, the Broncos (led by a former Origin halfback and host of current representative players) remained calm, composed and patient and gradually fought back.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Don't worry hayne and sandow combo will be one of the best in the comp just wait and see all you need is some more solid 2nd rowers.

I think you used the word "more" incorrectly.

What you meant was "all you need is some solid 2nd rowers"

Point well made!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
The 'boring style' argument is a good one for the death riders as its something they can fall back on if we start winning.

Muzza, deathriding our squad is not my go.:crazy::sarcasm::roll:

Am on record for my thoughts on 3P management tactics, etc, and am on record for moving ahead, supporting SK & co & not looking back. With strong defences operating across NRL squads, over a season it will now come down to points winning games, winning semis and winning the big one that counts. Looking back over the past 27 rounds and a few trials, I have not seen ANY major change in attacking formations and game plans. I am just sharing my thoughts about a few major flaws cutting off our points supply. Week after week after week, I will continue supporting and screaming for the Eels but don't blame me if I fall asleep on the couch while our squad capitulates into extreme boredom while being run over by a better team of attackers.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
For an absolute nutcase Casper, you're talking a lot of sense. Some very good points made in those last two posts, especially the former one.

A comment like this coming from someone residing behind the walls of an assylum looking back through Alice's looking glass, I take it as a complimemnt. Thank You...:D:lol: