What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new coach, give them time

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so smith, reddy, shacleton( is recovering from a major injury so he passes for me but not for some), horo, mcguire are not first graders.

Smith, Shack and Horo are all first graders and all playing well. Reddy is a first grader but injured, and McGuire was a first grader until a few weeks ago when he seems to have hit the wall.

In your opinion, which of our players could be playing better?

spartan2153

Juniors
Smith, Shack and Horo are all first graders and all playing well. Reddy is a first grader but injured, and McGuire was a first grader until a few weeks ago when he seems to have hit the wall.

In your opinion, which of our players could be playing better?

not better but i would like to see them play as a team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They look to me like they're playing as a team.

We've got the worst roster in the comp and we're not coming last. Teamwork's the only explanation.

True EEL

Bench
we don't have the worst roster in the comp...!!!!

Hayne, Mannah, Moimoi, Hindmarsh and Poore (granted, he's been injured) are all current or past rep players

and then you have Burt, Smith, Keating etc that are all seasoned NRL vets....and of course, let's not forget Morgan - the best defensive, first choice centre at the club!!!

so that roster arguement is somewhat flawed. We are simply NOT playing as a team at times, which is the most frustrating thing about it.
As a unit, they don't play 80 mins, they don't play with enough intensity, hunger or mental toughness and its showing

sadly these are common traits for this club....and sure we are not coming last, but geez we may as well be now, Cronulla are on 18 points!!!!!!

spartan2153

Juniors
They look to me like they're playing as a team.

We've got the worst roster in the comp and we're not coming last. Teamwork's the only explanation.

our rster is not that shit.

Our forward pack is definately good enough. we have the same hooker & halves that got us to a grandfinal but now the roster is crap.

CrazyEel

Bench
do you live in fairy land?
Reddy and Ben Smith this season have been barely of 1st grade standard, McGuire hardly contributed massively to Brisbane's premiership in 06, and played 2 game for Qld off the bench about 6 years ago. Webb and Walker aren't of NRL standard and haven't been for a long time. Moi Moi isn't in the same league as Matt Scott, Hindmarsh's best days are past time, and Maitua hasn't played for 2 years.
Going by your logic Antonio Kaufusi would be a star, premiership winner, Qld and Aust rep.
As much as it displeases me to agree with you that is a fair assessment you have made there.

True EEL

Bench
lol, not last, yeah, we are not last by 1 point, but hey we are only 5 points oustide the bottom teams in the 8, have the second worst +/- in the comp and we have already had both of our Byes!!!

yep, we are going gangbusters!!! 4 wins people!

True EEL

Bench
aqua duck.....Ben Smith started slowly because of injury in the off-season and being shunted all around the team by the new coach, he is back in business now and among our best players every week for the past 6 weeks or so

Reddy is injured and has probably (sadly i think) played his last game for us and also had injury problems all off-season

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
our rster is not that shit.

It's several hundred thousand dollars under the cap. Putting aside whose fault that is, the fact is we are spending much less on players than other clubs means we should have the worst roster and we do.

You can talk all you want about this or that bloke who played Origin 10 years ago but the fact is we're comparing the roster to those of others clubs.

Apart from Hayne and the front-row we just aren't competitive.

Our forward pack is definately good enough.

Our edge forwards are very weak in attack. Maitua will change that but he's only played one game.

we have the same hooker & halves that got us to a grandfinal but now the roster is crap.

In '09 our halves weren't pivotal to our attack, offloaders were.

Since then we've lost Grothe, Tahu, Mateo and Cayless - all great offloaders. I've told you this about a dozen times and you keep pretending it doesn't matter.

Our halves were shit in '09 but we didn't use them the way other teams do. We also had excellent outside backs that year.

Now our halves are still shit and we still don't play a style that relies on them but sometimes they can't even get the little things right. Plus our edges are woeful. Easily the worst in the comp, given the constant injuries in the centres.

True EEL

Bench
It's several hundred thousand dollars under the cap. Putting aside whose fault that is, the fact is we are spending much less on players than other clubs means we should have the worst roster and we do.

You can talk all you want about this or that bloke who played Origin 10 years ago but the fact is we're comparing the roster to those of others clubs.

Our edge forwards are very weak in attack. Maitua will change that but he's only played one game.

Since then we've lost Grothe, Tahu, Mateo and Cayless - all great offloaders. I've told you this about a dozen times and you keep pretending it doesn't matter.

Our halves were shit in '09 but we didn't use them the way other teams do. We also had excellent outside backs that year.

Now our halves are still shit and we still don't play a style that relies on them but sometimes they can't even get the little things right. Plus our edges are woeful. Easily the worst in the comp, given the constant injuries in the centres.

this is a moot point because SK doesn't want to play the offloading style anyway (whether its because he just doesn't like it, or because those guys are gone)

spartan2153

Juniors

its about the spine pou pou. Our spine is better this year than the last 2 years plus the structure has made it easier.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we don't have the worst roster in the comp...!!!!

Hayne, Mannah, Moimoi, Hindmarsh and Poore (granted, he's been injured) are all current or past rep players

and then you have Burt, Smith, Keating etc that are all seasoned NRL vets....and of course, let's not forget Morgan - the best defensive, first choice centre at the club!!!

so that roster arguement is somewhat flawed.

No, what's flawed is you saying "Look at all these good players!!!!" as if that stands alone.

Footy is a competitive game where we are in competition against other teams. Those other teams, which we call 'the opposition', also have good players.

So how about this - I agree we have a good roster, however, the other teams all have even better rosters than us.

spartan2153

Juniors
No, what's flawed is you saying "Look at all these good players!!!!" as if that stands alone.

Footy is a competitive game where we are in competition against other teams. Those other teams, which we call 'the opposition', also have good players.

So how about this - I agree we have a good roster, however, the other teams all have even better rosters than us.

so why doesnt the best team on paper win every year. Must be coaching

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
this is a moot point because SK doesn't want to play the offloading style anyway

ARE YOU f**kING geniusED?!?!?!?!?!

It's not a moot point because we are talking about our 'grand final halves' you f**king imbecile. The offloaders we no longer have explain why Robson and Mortimer were able to play in a grand final together. The missing offloaders are relevant for explaining why the same halves are unable to play in a grand final now.

If you want to have a discussion stop arguing the f**king point. We're not in year 7 you simple merkin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
its about the spine pou pou. Our spine is better this year than the last 2 years plus the structure has made it easier.

It's not just about the spine - St George have the worst premiership winning spine in history (if you disagree try coming up with a worse one).

They were able to win because they were so strong across the rest of the park.

We might've replaced Mortimer with McGuire but we've lost a lot of talent on the edges - Grothe, Inu, Reddy (injured) and Mateo - and replaced them with kids and the few senior players who were available.

Ask any opposition fan (i.e. neutral observers) and they'll tell you our biggest problem is all our shit players.

True EEL

Bench

so how about this......i'll use one of your own phrases.....please refrain from patronising me ok with the sort of crap you just spewed then ok...

you said we have a bad roster, and realistically we don't. the roster is just not performing right now or the roster's talent is not being used to its full potential against the opposition we face.....so yeah, is that to do with how the roster is prepared and coached?? and yes PP, i was saying gee, we have these good players, so that means that we must always win every game, at least try and make sound arguemnts not just sarcastic rubbish - especially since i have seen you whinging at others for trying the same tactics on you

True EEL

Bench
ARE YOU f**kING geniusED?!?!?!?!?!

It's not a moot point because we are talking about our 'grand final halves' you f**king imbecile. The offloaders we no longer have explain why Robson and Mortimer were able to play in a grand final together. The missing offloaders are relevant for explaining why the same halves are unable to play in a grand final now.

If you want to have a discussion stop arguing the f**king point. We're not in year 7 you simple merkin.

look, i'm hoing to leave you in your own strange little world.....i'm not even going to try and make sense of that one pal.....

thanks for the tips though.....you freaking inbred :?

True EEL

Bench
It's not just about the spine - St George have the worst premiership winning spine in history (if you disagree try coming up with a worse one).

They were able to win because they were so strong across the rest of the park.

We might've replaced Mortimer with McGuire but we've lost a lot of talent on the edges - Grothe, Inu, Reddy (injured) and Mateo - and replaced them with kids and the few senior players who were available.

Ask any opposition fan (i.e. neutral observers) and they'll tell you our biggest problem is all our shit players.

yep, Daris Boyd, Jamie Soward Ben Hornby (possibly grant you that one) and Nathan Fien/Dean Young is the worst spine you could ever see.....FMD where do you come up with this sh!t????? :crazy:

no rep players (Boyd, Soward and Young) or elite players (Boyd) in that group?!?!? and before you undoubtedly say that they won last year and not this year and Soward and Young only played for NSW this year - they had still at least played City-Country rep level and Boyd for NSW and Australia ok.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so why doesnt the best team on paper win every year. Must be coaching

Must be a lot of things. Why doesn't the worst team come last every year?

There's coaching, and then there's a whole lot of things (injuries, the bounce of the ball on the day) that boil down to luck.

How come when we play in grand finals it's against Andrew Johns, Ben Kennedy and the NSW Origin backline (2001) or the 6 million dollar Storm side of 2009? Why couldn't we have played against a shit side like the 2002 Warriors, the 2005 Tigers or the 2010 Roosters?

Hell, why couldn't we have played the Storm minus Cameron Smith (2008)?

It's just bad luck.

You'll notice though, that we have the worst side on paper and we're not coming last. And I'm very confident we'll finish the year quite well once we get a few players back.

TheParraboy

Staff member
smiley_abku.gif