What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's On Again Today!

dragondad

First Grade
I like reading the papers online before I go to work. Rothfield's at it again today. DON'T give him the satisfaction of replying to his blog.

Have Dragons peaked too early?

0 Comments | 0 Trackbacks | Permalink

Phil Rothfield

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 09:55pm

Are St George-Illawarra chokers – or champions.
Friday night’s blockbuster against the Broncos in Wollongong will determine whether the Saints have what it takes to break 30 years of premiership misery and underachievement.
Cracks are starting to appear. The loss to the Raiders proved they may have peaked too early.
I’ve said all along the NRL premiership is like a Melbourne Cup.
Have Saints gone too hard too early? You don’t win premierships in August.
I’ll be online at 1pm today to discuss the Dragons’ premiership hopes.
And I don’t think the Red V army is going to like what I’ve got to say.

RedV6

Juniors
why not just go outside and bashmyour head against a wall. dont read that cr@p!!!

if you want to torment yourself just read that paper for the rest of the year because it wont stop till we either win or loose this year.... you are just gunna give yourself a headache....

I am not reading another post regarding anything in that paper

all posts should have an warning in the title if it comes from that paper cause i am not reading it anymore and dont care to read about it here either

mainlander 09

Juniors
I reckon we should all go online and give two word Darius Boyd answers.
Everyone sign off as Darius and don't give anyone else a chance to give a decent answer.
He is just doing it because he knows there is enough of us to take the bait.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
DON'T give him the satisfaction of replying to his blog.
Then why even post it here?

The gossip writers have little respect for the readers but need reaction in order to get their paychecks. By publicising it here, you're helping News Ltd and their writers.

backdoor

Juniors
Master Willow...

Any chance of a word filter for the words Telegraph or Tele to sh*trag, manure or compost.
Similarly the words Buzz, Buzzwords, Rothfield, Wilson, Phelps and Massoud to gossip girl or failed journo ?

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Friday night’s blockbuster against the Broncos in Wollongong will determine whether the Saints have what it takes to break 30 years of premiership misery and underachievement.

Roffy is an idiot. The Broncos have beaten the Dragons once in the last 100 games.

Godz Illa

Coach
Free punches on dragondad for breaking the Telecrap embargo.

I'd had a fairly nice morning. Read the SMH, the St George Leader, Illawarra Mercury, League Unlimited... then I come in here and am assaulted by this. Thanks for spoiling breakfast

silverex

Bench
dragondad, join the rest of us and stop reading that rubbish paper! That way you won't get all fired up and you can start the day relaxed. :D

More fool me for actually clicking on this thread :lol:

Just to selectively pick at that quick blurb by Rothfield, which way do the media want to go with our premiership success. One week he says this will be the Dragons first premiership as we are now a merged club, now he is saying it will be our first GF win in 30 years. I go with the latter, but everyone in the media needs to start singing from the same songbook. Maybe we need a few players to come out and state what it is.

To cut and paste from Jubilee Av:
Ignore him, his paper and his blog. Imagine if no one wrote in to disagree. What would he have? Nothing but a sad man in a room talking to himself. He doesn't care about Rugby League, he only cares about himself. Don't respond lads.

dragonman1959

Juniors

This bloke is a scummer germ, Wayne Bennett should use this garbage as motivation, I recon they will kill before they let this flea's bullsh*t come true.

What's he going to say when we flog those Bronco's, I bet we won't here from him. Best way to keep this ferret quite is to win all the way through..

If the Dragons didn't need any motivation, well I think scum head just provided it.

Attachments

• sharks4x copy copy.jpg
    sharks4x copy copy.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The wanker sucked me in again. Here is my reply....

One loss and all of a sudden the dragons have "peaked" too early? Get a grip. The diatribe this publication has come out with over the past week disgusts me.

Danny Weidler is more credible than you are nowadays. Keep deathriding Saints in the hope you get the headline "Dragons Choke" that you're just dieing to print, it'll only serve to galvanise the side.

I look forward to reading your bias responses with a plethora of spelling and grammatical errors.

No doubt it won't get added to the discussion

Patto

Juniors
The wanker sucked me in again. Here is my reply....

One loss and all of a sudden the dragons have "peaked" too early? Get a grip. The diatribe this publication has come out with over the past week disgusts me.

Danny Weidler is more credible than you are nowadays. Keep deathriding Saints in the hope you get the headline "Dragons Choke" that you're just dieing to print, it'll only serve to galvanise the side.

I look forward to reading your bias responses with a plethora of spelling and grammatical errors.

No doubt it won't get added to the discussion

No it will he'll just come up with something like:

"seems someone is a little cranky after the loss on Saturday" or "you're a boofhead".

What a colosal piece of cr*p he is! Absolute germ.

Raul_Pato

Juniors
I say let him bag us all he wants, the further he goes, the more ammo that Wayne has to paste on the wall of the sheds to fire the boys up!

Bring in on Rothfield you weak little man!

big pat

Coach
I say let him bag us all he wants, the further he goes, the more ammo that Wayne has to paste on the wall of the sheds to fire the boys up!

Bring in on Rothfield you weak little man!

buzz lightyear is not a man he is a pissweak puppet.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
LOL the gibberer has got "proof" now that we have peaked too early

And here’s my proof: (supplied by FoxSports stats)
This is a list of where the eventual premiers were positioned on the ladder with three rounds remaining over the previous 20 years. The team in 1st position with three rounds remaining has won just 8 of the 21 grand finals (Including 2 grand finals in 1997)
StoryP_PremiersTable.jpg

I’ll be online at 1pm today to discuss the Dragons’ premiership hopes. And I don’t think the Red V army is going to like what I’ve got to say.

I wonder if he realises that 8/21 = 38% success rate from 1st whereas 13/21 for the remaining 7 teams in the 8 equates to an 8.9% success rate per side.

Acka

Coach
LOL the gibberer has got "proof" now that we have peaked too early

I wonder if he realises that 8/21 = 38% success rate from 1st whereas 13/21 for the remaining 7 teams in the 8 equates to an 8.9% success rate per side.

For 7 of those 21 there was a top 5 and in the 1997 ARL competition there was a top 7