What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's On Again Today!

Godz Illa

Coach
Firey, by being sucked in you've already lost.

Do us all a favour bro, don't paste any of that sh*te in here

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Firey, by being sucked in you've already lost.

Do us all a favour bro, don't paste any of that sh*te in here
I didn't start the thread, everyone knows what the thread is about. I'm just finding the sh*t he's posting now quite comical, before he was writing sh*t that could have been construed as accurate, now he's posting stats that indicate the opposite of what he's arguing.

I would imagine that dicks like Rothfield troll these forums to fuel the bullsh*t stories they print in their flagging fish and chips wrapper.

I agree, we don't need to give them any ammo. Follow Darius' lead from yesterday.

Silence is golden.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Friday night’s blockbuster against the Broncos in Wollongong will determine whether the Saints have what it takes to break 30 years of premiership misery and underachievement.

lol. If that were the case we'd have every premiership since 2005.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I like to think I'm pretty level headed, and if someone makes a well structured comment that may not be something I neccessarily like, I can still agree with their opinon. Especially if they supply some facts.

But what a turkey!?!?
He's saying that the Dragons CANT win it cos only 8 teams in 21 years have finished first and won the GF.
Its not like NO team has EVER won from 1st.

What I do like, is that he is actually assuming that we WILL take out the minor premiership!
Thanks Jerkfield!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I didn't start the thread, everyone knows what the thread is about. I'm just finding the sh*t he's posting now quite comical, before he was writing sh*t that could have been construed as accurate, now he's posting stats that indicate the opposite of what he's arguing.
Ah, you clicked on the link though.

Another 4.67c into bum cheek's pocket.

I have stats to prove it too.

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
You can make statistics look like whatever you want them to look like. Did a degree in it.

It's all to do with the sample size. Taking it from 1989 onwards satisfied his goal of making it look bad (although as mentioned before it's the most likely outcome).

I've collated the figures from the start of Grand Finals in 1954. It's from Wikipedia so may not be wholly accurate.

It appears that 32 out of 57 Minor Premiers have gone on to win the Grand Final. 56%. I'm open to correction.

The troll is playing on the fact that his percentage makes it look more likely you'll lose than not. However since 1989 you're better off being 1st than any other position.

But take it from 1954. 56%.

mameimo

Juniors
Ben Hornby is a fine player but not in the same class as Kimmorley, Thurston, Price or Cronk.
Phil Rothfield
Wed 19 Aug 09 (01:34pm)

He doesn't half the sh*t he talks about.

SaintTPP

First Grade
This imbecile sounds like a fool! History shows, which he has pointed out (but to prove opposite hahahaha) that being in first position is in the best position to win a GF. Thanx for the stats Rothfeild, but sure does make you look bad.

Hanz Brix

Juniors
roflfield is an idiot.

he is last on his telegarbage tipping comp, so that tells us he is the worst out of the worst people that know anything about the game.

18to87

Coach
This rubbish just fires me up and I'm sure its helping the boys too, not that they need it after last week. Brisbane better look out.

mcs

Juniors
I didn't even read that rubbish he wrote- he is not worth wasting the energy on. i just hope someone from the club passes that trash onto the players- nothing better to motivate them then that c**p. We obviously are going to have to have a siege mentality well and truly entrenched come finals time, because everybody like that fool will be waiting for us to crack.

SaintSab

Juniors
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
StoryP_PremiersTable.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong (not that it matters) but didn't Panthers come 1st in 03?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
roflfield is an idiot.

he is last on his telegarbage tipping comp, so that tells us he is the worst out of the worst people that know anything about the game.
Still, he owns you.

You bought his t-shirt story.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Wow that dick gets my vote for the best troll ever! He is just baiting and laughing his head off about it. Willow is that true he makes money per hit?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow is that true he makes money per hit?
His employer does.

They have ads on their website. Ad campaigns vary. For the larger websites, the most popular is campaign is based in how times the page is viewed.

A common used system is callled CPM rates and is based on 'impressions', ie views. It is the amount paid to the website whenever an ad appears in your browser. The hits data is also used by agencies to sell the feature (in this case the gossip columnist) to potential advertisers.

Essentially, every time to click, you help to raise the profile of the writer, and help to make money for him, his employer and their agencies.