What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's only March

King-Gutho94

Coach
if Wayne Bennett was coaching the broncos right now they would be $3.50 favourites to win the comp.

They still have to get through origin which is a big issue and even the great broncos sides have struggled post origin since 2001 i reckon.

Also if Reynolds goes down i still have my doubts.

Things had already imploded to an extent by then but i remember Reynolds going off after 5 mins against parra last year at suncorp with a HIA in round 24 with the broncos in the 8 at the time we then on to beat them 53-6.

I routinely lurk around most teams forums and BHQ is far, far, far away from being the worst.
It's still terrible. Imagine having designated threads for each QLD team (except theirs), for the sole purpose of shitting on them. Like they were begging that we'd fold during the mid-2010s when we had financial troubles. They'd constantly shit on our team, our fanbase, our region and how we didn't deserve to even be in the comp. They absolutely hated the thought of the Dolphins coming in. In fact, if those morons had it their way there would be no expansion into QLD.

And it brings me to question whether that's just a small minority of your fanbase or that's just how many of them think because basically because you guys had it so good during the '90s that those fans just can't stand the thought of expansion into QLD.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It's still terrible. Imagine having designated threads for each QLD team (except theirs), for the sole purpose of shitting on them. Like they were begging that the Titans fold during the mid-2010s. They hated the thought of the Dolphins coming in. If those morons had it their way there would be no expansion into QLD.

I do wonder whether that actually represents a majority of your fanbase, or is it only a minority?
Golly, you must have pulled something with this reachhhhhhh. Except theirs? There is an entire sub thread for ‘Brisbane Broncos talk’. A huge amount of discussion in there is shit talking the broncos too. It’s late and I couldn’t be bothered to find a thread designated to shit talking the titans or the cowboys, however, the first page of the dolphins thread mentions how happy folk are that it went to them, and then some posts poking fun at news Corp.

There are 1700 users of BHQ, quite clearly a minority. A huge amount of our fans are in the NRL subreddit - we would dominate that subreddit IMO. It’s pretty chill too

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
It's still terrible. Imagine having designated threads for each QLD team (except theirs), for the sole purpose of shitting on them. Like they were begging that we'd fold during the mid-2010s when we had financial troubles. They'd constantly shit on our team, our fanbase, our region and how we didn't deserve to even be in the comp. They absolutely hated the thought of the Dolphins coming in. In fact, if those morons had it their way there would be no expansion into QLD.

And it brings me to question whether that's just a small minority of your fanbase or that's just how many of them think because basically because you guys had it so good during the '90s that those fans just can't stand the thought of expansion into QLD.
The Gold Coast Titans thread was started by a Titans fan who blew in when the Gold Coast signed Fifita. Some fans had a go, others (rightfully) told them to pull their heads in.

I started a thread in the mid-10s, not because I wanted to fold but to explain why they were struggling when they were charged with drug related offences.

The Gold Coast Titans thread was started by a Titans fan who blew in when the Gold Coast signed Fifita. Some fans had a go, others (rightfully) told them to pull their heads in.

I started a thread in the mid-10s, not because I wanted to fold but to explain why they were struggling when they were charged with drug related offences.
I know you're not one of those guys, Pete. Funny, I googled that thread you speak of, first page it linked me to was one (mod?) in there who suggested we fold, move the franchise to Perth, followed by a bunch of mods agreeing with him. Honestly though that's nothing compared to some of the other crap I've seen on there before.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
I know you're not one of those guys, Pete. Funny, I googled that thread you speak of, first page it linked me to was one (mod?) in there who suggested we fold, move the franchise to Perth, followed by a bunch of mods agreeing with him. So I don't think I'm too far off on my assumptions about that forum tbh.
I'll take your word for it mate. I can't find any mention of Perth on the first page of either thread I've referenced, but I'm sure that sentiment has been expressed at some point in the past. I'm just surprised because that aforementioned Gold Coast Titan blow-in has actually been a really positive contributor and really balanced out a lot of discussions.

Latest posts