What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's over Jamie Lyon not coming to us....

daslacker

Juniors
I'm not really mad about not signing lyon.Sure he is a top player and all but
we have a lot of centre's.He did the dirty on parra and elford is pretty good
as long as he can hold onto the ball.If i'm not wrong this is elfords first full
season in first grade,he will be better for it next year.

I wouldn't mind signing matt reick now and another prop

Davester

Juniors
daslacker said:
Steve Turner would be first on my list but needs a release also dustin cooper
would be a handy pickup

Steve Turner :arrow: Tigers, if only that were possible. I won't count on it though...

daslacker

Juniors
Davester said:
daslacker said:
Steve Turner would be first on my list but needs a release also dustin cooper
would be a handy pickup

Steve Turner :arrow: Tigers, if only that were possible. I won't count on it though...

I wouldn't be so sure.From all reports he hates it in melbourne and
wants to come back to sydney.If he does get released we are the
only ones left with some cash

Juniors
Turner would be a good signing. I guess with all the talk about Lyon the last couple of weeks we have probably put talks on hold. We really do need another winger or two. Nick Younguest from the Dragons would be handy as well.

You Igits

Juniors
Hmmmmmm,

Lyon cant handle Sydney life cause he likes the bush and he is now going to England.

Either he wont go.....or he does and is more mixed up in the head than Grothe Jnr. Not a player we need anyway if the later is true. More risk than reward for these types of players. The whole....."if he comes to us we will fix him" mentality rarely works. I dont think Sheens is stupid enough to buy into it. Lets get Hoppa back.....he'll change his ways with us.....no no, lets get Chris Walker......we can change him. What a load of crud!!!

jirskyr

Juniors
Yeah I think its evident that Jamie Lyon has NO idea what he wants to do.

He's a very good player, but you want him to WANT to move and for the right price. It just seems he doesn't know what the hell he is doing, so we shouldn't waste any more time trying to sign him.

Just with this as an aside, what the hell is wrong with some footballers? Why can't some blokes handle just training and playing footy on the weekend?

You Igits

Juniors
Its stupid people having too much money. They dont know what to do with it.....so they drink.....gamble......and do what they can to fill in the ample time they have throughout the week.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i agree , it seems Jamie's still a confused young man, So his way of playing football and moving away from the busy city life is to move to London hey?? Geez he knows geography.

mikey

Juniors
jirskyr said:
Just with this as an aside, what the hell is wrong with some footballers? Why can't some blokes handle just training and playing footy on the weekend?

Umm, I don't mean to be rude but just maybe it's because there's a couple of other things in life worth pursuing.

Ctown Boy

Juniors
Its easy for us to judge these people, but we dont know what they are going through, after alll they dont lead "normal' lifes and they are under constant pressure to perform, and pressure from the media, they are always in the spotlight and are supposed to be responsible. I imagine it would be hard for them, and I dont hold it against anyone if they feel the urge to take a break from that type of lifestyle!

jirskyr

Juniors
mikey said:
Umm, I don't mean to be rude but just maybe it's because there's a couple of other things in life worth pursuing.

I agree, but that's not my point. My point is the dude wants to play footy, then he doesn't, now he does. But he wants to live in the country, or maybe Manly, or even London, or perhaps rural Sydney.

I understand if he leaves for personal reasons, no worries. But you can't keep changing your mind. Its especially not fair for the club who invests money in you.

Amazingly I almost feel a little sympathy for Parra.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Tiger Barn said:
I tried to tell you all last week that he was going to St Helens and not to get your hopes up.

I didn't think he'd go to St. helens, but I knew he wasn't coming to us.

HOT028

Juniors
i cant see lyons going to england, i think parramatta are just having fun at jamie, in return for what they did for him, its funny that they waited to most clubs had spent their cap before saying go and see whats out there.

Tiger Barn

Juniors
HOT028 said:
i cant see lyons going to england, i think parramatta are just having fun at jamie, in return for what they did for him, its funny that they waited to most clubs had spent their cap before saying go and see whats out there.

He is going to St Helens on a 2 year deal.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Tiger Barn said:
HOT028 said:

He is going to St Helens on a 2 year deal.

But, will Parra release him? It all comes down to that.