What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's the titan on the Coast

Big Bunny

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Not a bad name that. I would like to see thier colours being yellow and white. Maybe a bit of orange.

And to fit with the Gold Coast heat theme their logo could be a fried egg.

I can see the lame headlines already. "Gold Coast titans the screws on Sharks"

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Best of the names on choice, but still a very poor name, far to American for my liking. How about the Gold Coast Cavill's & the mascot could be a drunken schooly, or the Gold Coast Mulloways & have a jewfish as their mascot. After al;l the gold coast is all about fishing.
Much better than the titans.

Originally this was meant to be a pisstake, but the more I think about it the more I like it.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Titans sucks a$$. What does a titan look like? Are we going to have another "steeler" episode where the logo looks stolen from American art? What is wrong with Stingray anyway? Even Pirates would have been better than Titans. I picture the players all having jerseys with puffy sleeves....

PantherKing

Juniors
Knight82 said:
It is so bloody American you might as well have a picture of the Statue of Liberty as their logo.

Disgraceful.

Titans and Pirates, how about a couple of Aussie nicknames?

Stingrays is just homosexual.

A name wont make you but it can certainly make you a laughing stock.

An aussie name like Tigers, Panthers, Cowboys, Dragons, Knights, Broncos, Bulldogs... :roll: :roll:

Why the hell are some of you people so goddamn militant about the name? It's not even officially announced yet and your opinion matter as much as a crap on the wheel of a car to those who are actually getting the team together :roll:

If you wanna argue about the name, argue about the made up name that is the Rabbitoh. It may have a historical background but there's no such thing as a rabbitoh. There are rabbits but no rabbitoh.

Go google or wiki Titans if you don't know what the word stands for.

Misty Bee

First Grade
One thing's for sure, if anyone had a factory for making club mascots, Gold Coast would be their biggest client. What sort of animal is a Titan anyway?

Re the colours, the NRL should not allow the orange and blue. How many clubs have to pinch Parra's idea of blue and gold hues? Melbourne, Cowpats and then the lates Gold Coast side?

If, for example, a Newtown side came back, it wuold play in blue and be called the Jets. Gold Coast, therefore, should ne ni black, red and white, and be called Giants. Like they were to start with!

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
One thing's for sure, if anyone had a factory for making club mascots, Gold Coast would be their biggest client. What sort of animal is a Titan anyway?

what kind of animal is a "storm"

a mascot doesnt have to be an animal...look at the warriors, knights, raiders.

A titan is a race of giant gods in greek mythology FYI

Misty Bee

First Grade
Maybe they should play in tartan.

Greek mythology - LOL WTF has the gold coast got to do with greece????

If they wanna call 'em the Giants, why not do it in English? Next they'll be know as Les Buggers de la big

God-King Dean

Immortal
I absolutely hate it when a teams name is reduced to something that has nothing to do with locality. How many Titans have you seen around Gold Coast? At least Pirates has something to do with the ocean.

Then again, they couldn't be Pirates if they wanna go to Coffs Harbour.

Rape, pillage & plunder ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
Immortal said:
I absolutely hate it when a teams name is reduced to something that has nothing to do with locality. How many Titans have you seen around Gold Coast? At least Pirates has something to do with the ocean.

there are plenty of clubs that have names nothing to do with their location.
How many dragons were running around the Stg area in 1921?
How many tigers were roaming leichhardt in 1908?
How many bears were roaming nth syd in 1908?
How many raiders are their in canberra? Politicians excluded?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
there are plenty of clubs that have names nothing to do with their location.
How many tigers were roaming leichhardt in 1908?
How many bears were roaming nth syd in 1908?
How many raiders are their in canberra? Politicians excluded?

So? What's so bad about having a name that actually identifies with the area? I'm sick of club names being f**king decided by teenyboppers with too much phone credit.

Melbourne Storm = play on the weather condition
Western Reds = Kangaroos associated with WA
Steelers = Illawarra is a steel region
Wests = Campbelltown is a magpie-prone area
Parra = Eels in the river
Cronulla = Sharks, they're near a beach
NQ = Cowboys, up north in the outback
Manly = Sea Eagles, flying over and around the area
Penrith = related to mysterious sightings of the Panther in the lower and upper Blue Mts
Warriors = Speaks for itself.

Care to elaborate why names shouldn't be related to areas? I think it's excellent.

Mr Saab

Referee
dodge...where did i say that it "shouldnt" be named after something associated with the area. You cant because i never said it. Reading is important when making claims.
dodger i dont care either way...if its associated well and good, if its not then so be it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:

I understand that you were deprived of a childhood. Never heard the little story of St George & the Dragon? lol

Mr Saab

Referee
Immortal said:
I understand that you were deprived of a childhood. Never heard the little story of St George & the Dragon? lol

yes i do, i understand it real well, but tell me what signifiance that has with the actual area.
I say again, how many dragons inhabited the stg area in the 1920s or even before that.

Latest posts