What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time for Snowden to get another chance

The Devil

Bench
Jono078 said:
I honestly dont see too much in White to suggest he will be a good first grader.

Then again he is only 22 so who knows.

Does he have an offload Roopy? I havnt seen him do one in first grade I dont think..

White really stepped up in the Doggies match and was one of our best props, with Tolar. He was decent in the dragons and went missing, along with most of our forward pack, against the Raiders.

Fact is that White has come nearly out of nowhere, where none of this board really rated White, to crack FG. Hope Royal and co. can take a leaf out of White's book

Farva

Juniors
I have been really impressed with White. He was great against the Dogs and the Dragons and i can see no reason why he won't be a regular in the top 17.
He promises to offer much more than Woolnough has ever delivered.

perverse

Referee
white really impressed me against the dogs.. not so much against the dragons but he's far from the worst we've had on the park this year. deserves his spot in first grade.. and may be starting before long.

roopy

Referee
An interesting stat about Woolnough - he went straight from Flegg to firstgrade and has never played a game of PL - don't know why i bring it up - just he is the only bloke i can think of who has done that.

roopy

Referee
roopy said:
An interesting stat about Woolnough - he went straight from Flegg to firstgrade and has never played a game of PL - don't know why i bring it up - just he is the only bloke i can think of who has done that.
whoops - Seu Seu has never played PL either.

Burwood

Bench
roopy said:

He had the one game back in '03 ;-) (but that is still a very impressive stat!)

CJKnight

Juniors
roopy said:
White and Snowden could be our new bookends.
Both are young, 22 and 20, both are 6'4", they both are follically challenged, they both weight in at 112/113kg and look fit at that weight.
Snowden has more game time in him and is the best offloader at the club, but White gets stuck in more when fresh.

Jeez, that would be nice to see.

112/113kg 6'4'' starting props would well and trully cover any loss of size without Perry. Who ever said that our pack was small?

Just as long as both men can put in plenty of game time. White may have to work on his match fitness.

antonius

Coach
I've rated White since I first saw him in premier league a couple of years ago, always thought he had the build, and attitude to become a very good prop, as everyone here is saying he's only 22 and with more game time in firsts he will gain more confidence that he belongs there and his game will go up. For mine he is big and always attracts a few tacklers , and is very hard to put on the ground. That frustrates oposition players to the point where they concede penalties against him, not so much in first grade, but happened a lot when he played premmy league. I think Snowden in hindsight was put into First Grade too early, I haven't seen him play this year but I'd take Roopys word for it that he's ready (even though I know Roops has a soft spot for him) There's no doubting that he can be a wrecking ball on his day. For me ATM our best two performed props in the games so far have been White and Tolar even though the later has missed one game. I also think Uate is worth a go in first grade, if only to get Doogs into the centres, and get Uates speed on the wing, we are pretty much inefectual in the centres ATM, Doogs will change that, and Uate is just the guy to have outside him.

CJKnight

Juniors
What is everyone's opinion about the suggestion of playing Tolar in the second row? He is only 100kg and he runs good angles plus he has a mean offload.

8. White
9. Buderus
10. Snowden
11. Simpson
12. Patterson
13. Tolar

antonius

Coach
We have plenty of good backrowers, on the other hand our "established" props don't really set the world on fire. As you point out Tolar is the only guy up front with a decent offload, I don't want him moved, and we don't need to move him. I also notice you've dumped Abraham, who is more mobile, and possesses a very good offload, and is a master of running off Johnsy, Abes is close to getting back to his best, and when he does he'll be the first backrower you'll pick.

CJKnight

Juniors
antonius said:
We have plenty of good backrowers, on the other hand our "established" props don't really set the world on fire. As you point out Tolar is the only guy up front with a decent offload, I don't want him moved, and we don't need to move him. I also notice you've dumped Abraham, who is more mobile, and possesses a very good offload, and is a master of running off Johnsy, Abes is close to getting back to his best, and when he does he'll be the first backrower you'll pick.

Abes is still coming off the bench.

I was simply saying that a few clubs have played props in the second row lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Tolar in the second row, we could then effectively create another forward for ouselves.

antonius

Coach
christopherjon said:
Abes is still coming off the bench.

I was simply saying that a few clubs have played props in the second row lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Tolar in the second row, we could then effectively create another forward for ouselves.
Is he Really???

KNIGHTS v STORM
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Round 4
Saturday 7 April, 2007
FIRST GRADE
Coach: Brian Smith

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (C)
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

Interchange:

1. Terence Seu Seu
2. Cory Paterson
3. Matthew White
4. Daniel Tolar
5. Kirk Reynoldson

CJKnight

Juniors
antonius said:
Is he Really???

KNIGHTS v STORM
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Round 4
Saturday 7 April, 2007
FIRST GRADE
Coach: Brian Smith

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (C)
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

Interchange:

1. Terence Seu Seu
2. Cory Paterson
3. Matthew White
4. Daniel Tolar
5. Kirk Reynoldson

I meant in my "ideal" team list from the previous post :roll: Not from the official team list.

I listed the players I would like to see 8-13 and Abes would come off the bench :crazy:

keeney

First Grade
I agree with tony here CJ, Abes is getting back to his best, this is without my genuine soft spot for the guy. Tolar is our most skilled prop, we lack props, we don't lack backrowers. Why make a counter productive move?

roopy

Referee
Injuries will no doubt dictate how our forward pack ends up this year - but Smith was talking about Tolar as a possible lock during the preseason, and it is nice to know he has the versatility to play anywhere in the pack if needed during the season. Having said that, Reynoldson, Tanner and Brown are all looking for a backrow spot too and the props are already in injury crises.

CJKnight

Juniors
roopy said:
Injuries will no doubt dictate how our forward pack ends up this year - but Smith was talking about Tolar as a possible lock during the preseason, and it is nice to know he has the versatility to play anywhere in the pack if needed during the season. Having said that, Reynoldson, Tanner and Brown are all looking for a backrow spot too and the props are already in injury crises.

Well there you go, that suggestion might just be in the back of Smith's mind. Alot of teams are playing "lighter" props in the second row nowadays. The Dragons did it several times last season with Bailey and the Roosters seem to like Myles there as well.

I would much rather have Tolar at lock over Tanner or Brown. But my preffered pick would still be Reyno.

I will admit Abes is slowly getting back to his best. But he is still a shadow of what he was a couple of years ago. I would keep him off the bench for now.

RABK

Referee
Bailey a lighter prop, yeh i'd throw that 108kg bloke around like a rag doll. Brown just wanted his three biggest forwards on the field for the first 20 minutes.

Myles has always been a second rower who could play front row.

Latest posts