What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time!!

Bazal

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Isn't he leaving at the end of ther season?

Because if he is...Why?

Nothing is signed yet and I believe he has been offered a deal by Parramatta, he is just exploring is options as a future first grader. Surely playing first grade would sway him back to Parramatta, and IMO he is one we want to keep.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I HOPE we re-sign him. He really impressed me at the Fan Day - he was so polite and happy to be there, unlike other big names...

But the problem is, if we sign Lyon to play 5/8, where does Blake play?

Bazal

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
I HOPE we re-sign him. He really impressed me at the Fan Day - he was so polite and happy to be there, unlike other big names...

But the problem is, if we sign Lyon to play 5/8, where does Blake play?

Well, therein lies the rub I guess. We can't go all out for Lyon and no one else because should Lyon not sign then we are stuffed for a five-eighth. But by the same token Blake may not sign under the current circumstances given that Lyon will be first choice five-eighth next year should he sign. I think that Blake should be offered a contract, and play firsts this year, in an effort to let him know that he IS in the clubs plans even if he has to bide his time. Who knows, if he stays he might eventually force Lyon back to the centres. Even if he doesn't force him back, he'd be first picked when Lyon was on rep duties or injured. It's just a case of the club having to do their best IMO. If he wants to stay he will, if he doesn't he won't, and good luck to him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hope he re-signs. But I won't hold a grudge if he leaves, because it would probably be best for him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
I hope he re-signs. But I won't hold a grudge if he leaves, because it would probably be best for him.

Agreed, he's certainly a star in the making and will one day be a great player for our club should he stay.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe that's why Brian tried so hard to re-invent the well...

Two locks would mean that...

Nope, lost my point halfway through...

Nikki

Coach
Bazal said:
Well, therein lies the rub I guess. We can't go all out for Lyon and no one else because should Lyon not sign then we are stuffed for a five-eighth. But by the same token Blake may not sign under the current circumstances given that Lyon will be first choice five-eighth next year should he sign. I think that Blake should be offered a contract, and play firsts this year, in an effort to let him know that he IS in the clubs plans even if he has to bide his time. Who knows, if he stays he might eventually force Lyon back to the centres. Even if he doesn't force him back, he'd be first picked when Lyon was on rep duties or injured. It's just a case of the club having to do their best IMO. If he wants to stay he will, if he doesn't he won't, and good luck to him.

I have almost come to accept the fact that Jamie MAY be returning to Parra, but this is what is frustrating me. It is as if we are trying to build our 2007 team around him and screw anyone who has actually remained loyal to the club in the interim. I reckon its time we gave Jamie an ultimatum. He has had how many years over in England to think of which club he wants to play for when he comes home? You cant keep other players on the back burner hoping that Jamie will be coming home. Lets start gettin our sh*t together early so that next year can have a successful start.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
the match against Newtown, Tim Smith played well and was almost back to his best, but Blake Green really impressed me, seemed to play a lot better than Smith.

If there is a huge mail on Jamie Lyon then Blake Green will certainly go, however I'd be happy either. Green is the future and would be great to see a local product in the halves.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Isn't Green joining the Dragons? That's what I heard - so why give him a run when Tim Smith is a better option for the future anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wobbygong said:
Isn't Green joining the Dragons? That's what I heard - so why give him a run when Tim Smith is a better option for the future anyway.

thats the talk, but nothing confirmed

James_Hardie

Juniors
Wobbygong said:

It wouldn't make any difference to JT, he just wants to win now. Why would he care about next year!

Ask Denis that one.

Kornstar

Coach
I would assume with Gasnier signing on for 5/8th, Green would have less of a shot at Saints than he does with us, if i were him i would go to the Tigers

Freak2

Juniors
**edit**

He has under performed all year and remains a complete myth in my calculations.

I hope I am totally wrong about this guy and he makes me look like a goose, but to date 2nd year in syndrome has destroyed him, and the chances of our club in 2006, and when considering our side on paper well I'm pissed off!!

Freak2

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Do you want to post the two separate reports?

No rumours only. Both from local licenced premises in the last 2 weeks.

Which I need to ask - Would you even go to a licenced premise in such a short period of time after the previous events??:?

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
No rumours only. Both from local licenced premises in the last 2 weeks.

Then do me a favour and please leave it to the club and find another crusade... ;-)

Kornstar

Coach
He is allowed to go out and get drunk as much as he wants to, as long as he does not turn up to training or a game drunk. His last 2 performances have seen a vast improvement and enthusiasm is back.

If he comes into first grade again this week and plays like he doesn't want to be there, i am sure JT will put him straight back down to P/L.

I think you will see a very different Tim Smith in first grade this week.

Freak2

Juniors
Kornstar said:
He is allowed to go out and get drunk as much as he wants to.

Allowed and would are 2 seperate things.

I think it shows a little disrespect to the people who pay his wages (THE FANS) to be out again in public so soon after guilty poor drunken behaviour.

In public people are always going to stereotype, make acquisations and
propaganda. Why give them the fuel???

I would give my arm and my leg to be in his shoes and given his opportunities. It comes down to priorities and choices.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
In public people are always going to stereotype, make acquisations and
propaganda. Why give them the fuel???

So he needs to lead a sheltered life and not go out anywhere? Have you ever been drunk in public?

Kornstar

Coach
Have you personally seen him drunk and disorderly since?

If you are suggesting that he should not go out at all, then i think that is going a bit too far. He is very young and should be out having fun with friends.

I am sure he knows now what acceptable behaviour is as i believe the club would have stressed what they think is acceptable, if he hasn't faced discipline from the club in the last 3 weeks since, i would suggest they are happy with his current social behaviour.