What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time!!

Freak2

Juniors
The Colonel said:
So he needs to lead a sheltered life and not go out anywhere? Have you ever been drunk in public?

Just too soon Colonel for local establishments.

Take it easy and get out of the limelight. I don't think this is too much to ask for considering the position in which one holds.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
Just too soon Colonel for local establishments.

Take it easy and get out of the limelight. I don't think this is too much to ask for considering the position in which one holds.

He is allowed a life mate.....

Freak2

Juniors
So you cannot have a life unless your out getting drunk??

**edit - it might be an opinion but it is still also an unfounded rumour**

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
He is allowed a life mate.....

Generally speaking though Colonel, I think its poor form for any NRL player to be out on the turps, reguarly during the season. Whether its behind closed doors or out at a pub, you can't tell me any player reguarly hitting the booze isnt giving their opponent half a yard head start?

It comes down to individual choices and commitment.

Gven some of the publicity we have received at our club this year because of alcohol related issues, and the fitness issues we have seen on field, I'd be disappointed if any of our squad was enjoying regular nights out on the p!ss.

I have to say though, I have not seen or read anything substantial that says that is the case.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
So you cannot have a life unless your out getting drunk??

Never said that. As has been said previously - provided he isn't turning up to training off his tits and the club are acceptable of whatever his behaviour is then it shouldn't matter....

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Generally speaking though Colonel, I think its poor form for any NRL player to be out on the turps, reguarly during the season. Whether its behind closed doors or out at a pub, you can't tell me any player reguarly hitting the booze isnt giving their opponent half a yard head start?

It comes down to individual choices and commitment.

Gven some of the publicity we have received at our club this year because of alcohol related issues, and the fitness issues we have seen on field, I'd be disappointed if any of our squad was enjoying regular nights out on the p!ss.

I have to say though, I have not seen or read anything substantial that says that is the case.

Then we shouldn't be focusing on individuals......

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Never said that. As has been said previously - provided he isn't turning up to training off his tits and the club are acceptable of whatever his behaviour is then it shouldn't matter....

Generally speaking again, it would appear standards of what is an isnt acceptable this year have slipped.

Freak2

Juniors
So Colonel I take it from your comments you are not concerned?

Because I know you love it just as much, if not more than I do and it concerns me!!

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Generally speaking again, it would appear standards of what is an isnt acceptable this year have slipped.

Then that is a matter that should be directed at the club and not at individuals.... ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
So Colonel I take it from your comments you are not concerned?

Because I know you love it just as much, if not more than I do and it concerns me!!

Just because I have to ask that it not be posted doesn't mean it doesn't concern me - but that is IMO an internal matter that is between the coach and the player and something that should be directed towards the club rather than the forum.

I would agree that someone who is Drinking on a Regular Basis is giving the Opposition an extra yard start.

How that works though with Someone like Jason Smith who while with the Eels was a pack a day man is something extra.

So Freak2, you saw this with your own eyes or you heard this, I just want to clarify in my own mind.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
How that works though with Someone like Jason Smith who while with the Eels was a pack a day man is something extra.

Some people are just freaks, arent they?

Bigfella

Coach
personally I can;t believe that as a professional athlete you would drink at all during a RL season

Ilove a beer as much as anyone but I can say no. If I was being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, or aspiring to, to play sport, I would hope I would be professional enough to keep off the drink.

At the end of the day it would be enough disincentive to have to wear one of those skin tight jerseys in pouring rain!

Anyone left in any doubt on Friday that one of our intercahnge players could have done a little more off field to get in shape?

Latest posts