What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary Confirmed As New Panthers Coach

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Brown is a smart coach, but so is Brian Smith. I like Brownie, but is he the coach who will win you your next comp?

Thats the question that needs to be asked. Then pick the bloke you can answer yes to.

benntash

Juniors
That 1 HD footy show mentioned Mal Meninga was rumored to take over as coach next year. Wouldn't mind big Mal IMO

hindy111

Post Whore
I f a coach is available for this year i would let elliot go now and bring someone else in-Its only rnd 7-Use have 2 wins-Why throw away the rest of the season-This playing roster is good enough to make a BANG

franklin2323

Immortal
Brown should be number 1 target. At the Dragons he was 29 coaching former team mates. He couldn't make the touch choices needed. He didn't completely fail he made the finals most years. I will take that atm

No such problem with a fresh start. 3 years success in england

Daddycool

Juniors
Brownie wasnt the one who was completely at fault at the dragons

1- Yes he should have been stronger with the players , and those who didnt execute his game plans

what the panthers would get from Brownie is

the number 1 in technical and tactical game plans

and a more harden coach from his stint overseaes
So Does that mean you'd welcome him back to the Dragons?

Big Mick

Referee
I don't want Mal Meninga. Unless he has an unbelievable assistant coach who doesn't mind that he hogs all the glory. i.e. Neil Henry.

Seeing the above coaches mentioned Brown would be good choice dont judge him by what happened at Dragons, he went from being player to coach was still one of the boys, no one can do that job, now been away long enough he could be great asset.

The news you dont want to hear is that Ricky Stuart has been linked to the club, he will drive away the fans in droves is not what your clubs wants just check what happened at Sharks/Roosters.

Meninga is not a club coach and in sydney would even be harder, he may lure couple of qld players but thats about it.

Daniel Anderson - would be another good option, only thing to remember seems to be issues at about 3rd season in.

I wouldnt touch Fittler you saw results at Roosters.

You could look at either Sheens to yet resigned with Tigers bring him home or even John Cartwright rumors from Coast not happy.

Other wildcard would be great assistant is Ivan Henjack in assistant role only

Just steer clear of Ricky

*Sandy*

First Grade
Can we piss off half the management and board too? Now that would really put a smile on my dial.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Word is Rick stone is heading if way...u can have him good luck

You are a hard task master Knights Girl. With the troops at his disposal, high number of injuries, and with a limited budget to work with each year, he has actually done quite well for a first time coach. In fact, our defence has improved out of sight and we are playing reasonable football weak in weak out. Besides, he has handled the whole Wayne Bennett signing very well knowing that he doesn't have a job next year.

So in my opinion, and when looking at all of the other candidates on offer i.e. stuart, brown, anderson etc, Stone compares favourably even though his first grade experience only stands at about 18 months.

My bet however is that Ricky Stuart, Daniel Anderson or even one of the Panthers favourite sons, Brad Fittler will get the job. Still not convinced that Nathan Brown is a good fit for the Panthers.