What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ive had enough of this

Sully

Juniors
We need to look at making some hard decisions and crucial buys.

Instead of signing players for 3-5 years esp. when their form is less than up to par sign them for 1 yr make them prove themselves.

Look at players like: Drew, Bogga, Tired Smith, Mogg etc should these players be chewing up the $$$ NO! We should be having them on a limited tenure, contract performance based!

PLAYERS LIKE THE ABOVE SHOULD BE ON A LIMITED TENURE, CONTRACT PERFORMANCE BASED.
So if they play like they are we could release them and knowingly make a strong purchase or a least a bid for players mid year when they come of contract.

How can a team that last year was robbed and really should have played the Panthers to see who went into the grand final (still hurting after the loss to the warriors at aussie stadium) this year be so bad?

Out of the 4 games that we have won really 2 of them we got out of jail against the Cowboys and the Knights by a point so really we could could be running in 14th/15th spot on the ladder if it was for those 2 games we jagged!

Its a sad season so far and unfortunatley I can not see it improving.

Yes we all hope it does but every aspect of our game needs reviewing.

Can we even attack the opposition anymore? do we have a kicking game?

Matt Elliot came out after the game and said:
"There's definitely facets of our game where we're way off where we need to be,"
My response is make the hard decisions Matt. Drop players try something different!

Clinton Schifcofske added
"We've got to ride it out. I don't think we've played well this year. We're way off where we need to be."
I think that sums it up from Schiff.

Raider_69

Post Whore
What ive always suspected has been all but confirmed
Elliot is a great coach when we are winning, but leaves something to be desired when we arnt. He dosnt want to make the hard decisions and thats not a charactoristic an NRL team needs

Raider_69

Post Whore
Take Stuart for example
Do you think if he was our coach that Brad Drew would still be stinking up the joint?
NO of corse he wouldnt, because he has the balls to cut a bloke, elliot dosnt appear to be able to do that

I love him, he is a great bloke but as legend said he is very one dimensional as a coach

Elliott does have the balls to make the decisions. But, you disrupt a team dynamic when going through a rot and more often than not it can make it worse. Drew has ability, just hasn't shown much of it. I can't wait to hear everyone singing Elliotts praises again later on this season. It will happen.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hope i am, i really do but i honestly cant see it happening, if it does ill gladly say i was wrong and im an idiot and long live elliot but i cant see it happening

thickos

First Grade
Come on people, keep the faith. We're 4-5, not great, but still in striking distance. The cavalry are returning. Agreed, some of the 'dead wood' in the team has to go, but this is not a coaching problem. This is players wandering around like they've never met before they ran onto the field. Once we jag a win I think we'll be right.

BAY72

Juniors
Drew has ability, just hasn't shown much of it.
Sorry NO!
He has none to show! and he proved that against the Tigers. He is with out a doubt the worst player in the NRL this year!!
I thought he was bad last year..
Those kids on " A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN" have more tallent and throw better passes than Brad Drew!
He is UTTER CRAP!!

Raider Azz

Bench
Please. Drew had a MIXED game, not a bad one. Sometimes some of you guys slam Drew purely because he is Drew. Every time we lose it's "Drew played like shit, drop him", Well, it wasn't all Drew on Sunday. Both Woolford and McLinden left a lot to be desired. The team needs a lot more work than just dropping players. Dropping players does not solve our problem.

frank

Juniors
Half way through our 7 game winning streak at the start of last season, I called for Drew to be sacked and was promptly told to f**k off.
I'm glad everyone's seeing the light.

If he's named this afternoon, I'm not watching.

So there.