What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've lost my passion for the Raiders

legend

Coach
After today's 'effort', I felt nothing when we lost. Usually, I am upset/annoyed when we lose but today I was emotionless after the game. At no stage did I expect us to win and again we showed what an attacking juggernaut we are by scoring a solitary try.

I feel a lot of senior players simply aren't putting in and the team looks as bad as I've ever seen in terms of skill (or lack of), initiative, pride and determination.

Woolford and Croker are well past their used by date and Withers apart from one good run, did bugger all. Miller and a select few others can hold their head high but our season is over. We play to a one dimensional game plan that has no structure or purpose and we simply hope for the best once the last tackle rolls around. Campese and his glorious mid-field bombs are a nightmare.

We are an undisciplined side and until the players start showing some pride in the jersey, then I will not be paying to watch them in action

edabomb

First Grade
I actually agree, we're a nightmare to watch. If there are better matches on the other channel I'll usually watch them. The thing is, we were a worse side in 2001, but we threw it round alot and didn't die wondering. The sad thing is in recent weeks we've died wondering, our boring play has meant we go into every game with no chance of winning.

Paullyboy

Coach
We havent had an attacking game for years, I still am on the edge of my seat whenever we have the ball - but I do know we are no chance of scoring.

We have become the most boring and precitable team in the comp, our attack at its best would probably only get about 20 points. It really is a shame, considering that green jersey used to represent so much more.

But alas, our time will come again....One day.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I'm not sure who's better at 7, Mcliden or Withers... Had Macca played next to Smith, the results could've been even greater.

Brimmer

Juniors
Fair call boys...

We look like a bunch of f**king ameteurs each time we play. Granted we lost a lot of punch with adamson and thomson having early exits.

We have absolutely no idea in attack.

I agree with Legend. Woolford and Croker are well past their prime. I thought woolfords dummy half service was a joke today. I thought we were lucky to not get picked up on a few forward passes from the play the ball.

We had better pick up some quality players in the off season....

I know we talk about how much potential some of our players have but really.. every other club have your 18 year olds playing first grade now and none of the young guys have really stood up.

I am sick of rewarding mediocrity. GAFA is a joke. Howell... although solid, offers nothing in attack. Never have I watched these two in anticipation that they are going to break the line. Williams looked like a passenger for most of the game he was on.

There is a reason that Canberra didn't have any players picked in the origin series. That's because nobody in the team IS UP TO IT.

First time I have seen Ale in action. I think he could be the goods but his defence was a farce. He does look pretty good with the ball in his hands.

C'mon Matty. Spark these guys into action. Canberra is touted as the place where people can be away from all the distractions and hone their football skills, not throw them in the closet.

AND THOSE SOFT TRYS!!!!!! Where is the passion! We had a call back in my day... "DEVILS!" (I played for the aspley devils.) Far from a well thought out gameplan, it was the cry for the club. It was about your team mates, your coach, your club and yourself. That one call would lift everybody into action. Nobody was going to cross that chalk without a hell of a fight.

Seems like the green are not the machine any more but rather the kermits...

jed

First Grade
It's tough turning up to the game week after week when your team is playing so badly, but no matter how badly they play, no matter how badly they're being coached, no matter how many silly decisions are made by management, I'll always support the guys that show up to play each week.

FullySick

Juniors
I havnt lost my passion for the Raiders, but currently i hold no expectations of winning.
I dont think its lack of effort, but rather the predictability we play with. And i agree, we are so boring!
Any ideas why we dropped Hodgo for the match?? The guy to me appeared to be starting to hit his straps, and i'll be stuffed...he gets dropped!

It'll be intersting to see what Elliot goes with for next weeks game, and unfortunately i'll probably put 20 bucks on the cowboys.

edabomb

First Grade
FullySick said:
I havnt lost my passion for the Raiders, but currently i hold no expectations of winning.
I dont think its lack of effort, but rather the predictability we play with. And i agree, we are so boring!
Any ideas why we dropped Hodgo for the match?? The guy to me appeared to be starting to hit his straps, and i'll be stuffed...he gets dropped!

It'll be intersting to see what Elliot goes with for next weeks game, and unfortunately i'll probably put 20 bucks on the cowboys.

Yea, thats me.

I'll still watch all the games, but I know we'll lose :( .

Man, we need a quality half that plays >15 games.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Focus on the positives as little as there may be at the minute in some eyes is my opinion...I have not been where some have in "losing my passion" for Brisbane or QLD, though I can understand the frustation of Raiders fans as they are a tough team to watch as a Rugby League fan.

Josh Miller impresses the hell out of me, today was no different. Really good prospect who took on O'Meley and whilst I cannot say he came out on top, he earnt respect from all.

Clinton Schifcofske is just a GREAT player who is not rewarded for his efforts.

Is Matt Elliot the answer in Canberra? There is not 'rhyme or reason' to what the Raiders are doing when Smith is not directing play. Sure, blame comes to the halves who are not providing direction, though what is Elliot doing to ensure it starts too?

Lego_Man

First Grade
legend said:
After today's 'effort', I felt nothing when we lost. Usually, I am upset/annoyed when we lose but today I was emotionless after the game. At no stage did I expect us to win and again we showed what an attacking juggernaut we are by scoring a solitary try.

I feel a lot of senior players simply aren't putting in and the team looks as bad as I've ever seen in terms of skill (or lack of), initiative, pride and determination.

Woolford and Croker are well past their used by date and Withers apart from one good run, did bugger all. Miller and a select few others can hold their head high but our season is over. We play to a one dimensional game plan that has no structure or purpose and we simply hope for the best once the last tackle rolls around. Campese and his glorious mid-field bombs are a nightmare.

We are an undisciplined side and until the players start showing some pride in the jersey, then I will not be paying to watch them in action

As long as you don't lose your passion for this website...

Timbo

Staff member
We were pathetic...

I actually lost a bet against a Dogs supporter betting on us to win...How silly am I...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Timbo said:
We were pathetic...

I actually lost a bet against a Dogs supporter betting on us to win...How silly am I...

i lost 10 bucks on us... who's worse you or me?

Timbo

Staff member
Attention All Forumers:

Pretty Bulldogs Supporters With A Penchant For Gambling Are Not To Be Trusted.

That Is All.

sydraider

First Grade
Ill start by saying that I think MILLER is an animal, tough as.

I too was expecting the loss, Im ashamed to say I couldnt see it any other way unless the dogs didnt turn up.
As for passion, I still have it in some form or another, yet I decided to work today and make a sh*tload of money instead of forking it out to watch the raiders.

The one dimensional attack is a credit to elliots coaching. (insert sarcasm here)

Why is it we rely on J.Smith??? Im sick of these quick fix solutions, Im prepared to bite the bullet, throw the young guys in an let them develop. Im more than prepared to handle the mistakes and the losses, at the end of the day, it will be more beneficial for this club.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Fair play to the Army blokes that headed up to the game today, especially after the solid session most of them had last night at Azz's 21st.

sydraider

First Grade
Usually a solid session calls for a hair of the dog and someone capable of driving :lol:
Kudos to you guys!

Wish I could have been there but unfortunately I have to make a buck or two when I can.

Simon was on the telecast giving applause after schif kicked the conversion for the try just before half time.

Boing Boing

Juniors
I haven't lost my passion at all. These are tough times, but they will come good again. I have been to every game this year bar today, i've seen the highs and the lows this year and this time, i'm glad I didnt have to sit in the back of a small car for the long trip home. I must say I've had enough of long trips home.

Having said that, it will be the only game I miss, because I love my team and I love my town. Losing the passion is not an option. See you all on saturday night.

Sing Hard.

Latest posts