What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've lost my passion for the Raiders

SirShire

First Grade
From an constant observer, and a big fan of Linc Withers:

LW really needs to get more involved in attack. Too many sets go by where he doesnt touch the ball or only sends it on to 2nd receiver. He has to be more imaginative at half, start exploring with the ball and forming a better combination with his outside backs.

He needs to find the form he had at Erindale when he was a bit more creative.

ausraider

Juniors
sydraider said:
Ill start by saying that I think MILLER is an animal, tough as.

I too was expecting the loss, Im ashamed to say I couldnt see it any other way unless the dogs didnt turn up.
As for passion, I still have it in some form or another, yet I decided to work today and make a sh*tload of money instead of forking it out to watch the raiders.

The one dimensional attack is a credit to elliots coaching. (insert sarcasm here)

Why is it we rely on J.Smith??? Im sick of these quick fix solutions, Im prepared to bite the bullet, throw the young guys in an let them develop. Im more than prepared to handle the mistakes and the losses, at the end of the day, it will be more beneficial for this club.

I'II tell what is quick fix solution.Send Elliott packing,make J Croker captain of PL, avoid Gaffa from coming anywhere close to FG team, I don't know how much we paid for Withers but last 5 weeks he doesn't deserve to be paid and his play making role well less said better.At best I said earlier he is a bench player and I am not changing that.Someone have to tell Campese to stop that midfield bombs please, in the last 2 games he has come with some shockers.I have said before and totally believe now that Carney is a much better option at half than Withers.At least we are blooding someone young for the future of this club.But as long as Elliott is at the helm our one directional,predictable plays will continue and this team will only be making numbers for the comp.Now that I got this of my chest forgive me for being a prick.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I've been feeling for a while Toots is struggling too. As stated before, Withers is nothing without Smitty and his defense isn't much to write about either. Players like Miller, Adamson, and Schiff while the emergence of Carney and Ale are the only things left to watch this season. Start preparing for next year...

albi

Juniors
legend said:
After today's 'effort', I felt nothing when we lost. Usually, I am upset/annoyed when we lose but today I was emotionless after the game. At no stage did I expect us to win and again we showed what an attacking juggernaut we are by scoring a solitary try.

I feel a lot of senior players simply aren't putting in and the team looks as bad as I've ever seen in terms of skill (or lack of), initiative, pride and determination.

Woolford and Croker are well past their used by date and Withers apart from one good run, did bugger all. Miller and a select few others can hold their head high but our season is over. We play to a one dimensional game plan that has no structure or purpose and we simply hope for the best once the last tackle rolls around. Campese and his glorious mid-field bombs are a nightmare.

We are an undisciplined side and until the players start showing some pride in the jersey, then I will not be paying to watch them in action

Keep the faith my son[-o<

sydraider

First Grade
ausraider said:
I'II tell what is quick fix solution.Send Elliott packing,make J Croker captain of PL, avoid Gaffa from coming anywhere close to FG team, I don't know how much we paid for Withers but last 5 weeks he doesn't deserve to be paid and his play making role well less said better.At best I said earlier he is a bench player and I am not changing that.Someone have to tell Campese to stop that midfield bombs please, in the last 2 games he has come with some shockers.I have said before and totally believe now that Carney is a much better option at half than Withers.At least we are blooding someone young for the future of this club.But as long as Elliott is at the helm our one directional,predictable plays will continue and this team will only be making numbers for the comp.Now that I got this of my chest forgive me for being a prick.

Totally agree.

I know im going to cop a lot of flack for this statement but I feel one of the worse things we have done for growth is signing woolford to another year. Dont get me wrong, he bleeds green and is one of my favourite players but he is going to be a hinderance on our progression, for mine withers should be 9 next year.
Campese will be a good player, he needs to run the ball more IMO and yes I do agree his midfield bombs are nightmarish.
Croker still gets involved in a fair bit, I thought he was alright today against the dogs.
We have to move on peoples, new coach, new ideas, new generation.
Elliot has had his time and his chance, we need something fresh IMO !

legend

Coach
Somebody touched on it earlier but the tries we allowed the Dogs to score showed a distinct lack of passion and pride from the Raiders. Anasta wasn't touched when he scored and the Patten try was just too eay. It was a pass to an inside player hitting the line at pace off Corey Hughes of all people. I have noproblem with us going down swinging but what they dished up yesterday was pathetic.

Only a few played with guts and the highlight was Marshall Chalk nailing Tony Grimaldi.

Loyalty is a two way street and the players and club can't seriously expect the fans to put up with sh*t like that, week in, week out.

legend

Coach
Agree on Woolford, Syd. He is one of our most ill-disciplined players and was the major reason for our hiding in the first half penalty count. Every penalty was justified and it gave the Dogs a saloon passage into our red zone so we were always up against it.

The only saving grace was the Dogs were marginally better than us and if not for O'Meley, the scoreline would have been much closer. We tried to put three blokes in the tackle but no one wrapped up the ball.

legend

Coach
Ridiculous! Three blokes went in and no one covered up the ball. I can't use injuries as a crutch for our loss. The players didn't want to win and it was evident in the performance.

Did they even have a game plan yesterday? Mid field bombs are never the answer...

Brimmer

Juniors
Official Game Plan

5 hitups ... And Bomb on the last... no matter where we are on the field.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Brimmer said:
Official Game Plan

It worked for the sharks in the late 90s.

Elliot needs to take a chance and play Carney at halfback. Withers just isn't up to it. He's the most defensive halfback i've ever seen. He reminds me of Shaun Berrigan at halfback but with even less creativity. Campese is trying hard and will improve but Elliot needs to move him to lock when smith comes back and put croker on the bench.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Withers has phenominal acceleration. I do believe he is a good half. He shows a lot more confidence and creativity when with Jason Smith on the field. I think the pressure may be too much for him at the moment.

thickos

First Grade
He has played 85 first grade games now however. Time to step up, even if it is the first time he has had to run the show.

nibbs

Bench
i for one am taking great pleasure in the raiders current plight. mostly because og my good friend jeremy john mohekey's preseason arrogance. haha, j-mo

Chachi

Bench
A lot of people have touched on a lot of valid points about this game. I think the point is there is no single player or tactic to blame for that performance. Woolford, Croker, Withers, Campese and Ale all did some good things on the weekend but they balanced those things with some of the dumbest and laziest play I have ever seen.

We had a pretty good team on the weekend - unfortunately most of them played with the urgency and intensity of a slug. To get beaten comprehensively by an average bulldogs side who also made a ton of mistakes was embarrassing. Getting hammered by 40 in PL also does not bode well for this weekend against the Cowboys.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
Are you all kidding?

the raiders were definetly trying etc...

they had a game plan to attack the centre of the dogs defence and graft out a close win but it was wrong.... you could see the players were trying heaps because they were so tired at the end.... in the end losing matt adamson and troy thompson so early showed up at the end of the game and you got taken down because your go foward was defunct in the 2nd half. I agree that woolford is a just a glorified sook and doesnt add much to your team......

This was a must win game for the dogs who even with the injuries are a much better side then people give them credit for.... I wouldnt go slitting your wrists over this loss unless you arnt really a fan of your football club

lolesi

First Grade
Miller was amazing, every run he took, he did it a 100 m/ph.

I was watching the game from the start and i didnt take my eyes of this machine, he ran with so much heart and passion for your team, it was inspiring, and i thought really could of lifted some of your other forwards to the mantle, but it wasn't to be this week.

He is one player that i can now say i have a hell of alot of respect for, and hopefully his passion and toughness can re-ignite the Raiders year as you have the players to be in the top 8.

jed

First Grade
Brimmer said:
Official Game Plan

play the ball... one off the ruck... take the tackle...

(repeat until the bomb)

Latest posts