What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've lost my passion for the Raiders

dubby

Bench
Legend, don't give up mate. THru good and bad, just hang in there mate.

MHO; if we kept Adamson and Miller, we had a better chance. Execution is the answer, the Raiders have none. Linc is struggling without J Smith, ( as the whole team is), Campo is booting it because he is forced into it, our centres have absolutley no attacking class at all.
Some older players like Toots and Germ need to lift there intensity and lead by example. Passion is sluggish, but that comes to confidence.

If we cut the crap and penalties, the Dogs wouldn't have scored the first try.

Losing our two best forwards doesn't help either.

THe players tried, yet still went down, their confidence is low and that makes our onfield effort scratchy and unimaginative. That is why we are playing a simple game plan, it worked for 40 minutes yesterday, yet when we were put under the hammer, the confidence wasn't there.

Just one more win will go a long waay to picking our season up and getting a roll on again.

WE need good fans like Legend and co to hang in there.You are passionate mate, thats why you posted this.

legend

Coach
I guess so but sitting at the ground yesterday watching mistake after mistake and the Bulldogs run away with the game, the level of frustration that usually inhabits me after such a sh*t performance was absent. I really didn't care because the players bar a few notable exceptions, cared even less than I did.

The discipline shown by the players in the opening twenty is what cost us the game with the captain showing no leadership whatsoever. I am resigned to the fact we are merely making up the numbers and until such times as we overhaul the coaching staff, then we will be nowhere near the GF.

Other teams strive for success where as we are happy to plod along and make up the numbers. For us, finishing eighth with a losing record and negative for and against is considered an achievement. Who are we trying to kid?

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Gotta agree, yesterday was pretty deflating.

Not least of all because you pay $20 (no student concession) to sit in the general admission stand that is ridiculously far from the ground. My god, what an awful place to watch football.

I have to say I have seen little from Terry Campese to suggest he will be a player of the future. Solid defender, but I can't remember one occasion in his stint in first grade when he has put the defence in two minds. He never takes the ball to the line, just either pops the ball inside, grubbers dead in goal or puts up another senseless bomb. Even if he just tucked the ball under his arm and had a gallop every now and then, anything to get the defence guessing.

The other massive worry is the scoreline in PL. For a PL team with first grade forwards such as Smith, Cross, Hodgson, Kahler, Rothery to lose so badly is unthinkable, and most importantly provides very few options for a reshuffling of the first grade team.

It's hard to see us going anywhere near the Cowboys, but who knows, lets hang in there.

woodgers

Bench
It is concerning. I agree with the people saying blood the youth now, mind you I have been saying that for 2 years without success. Ale, while not brilliant, did enough to hold his place and did something I haven't seen our centres trying for years, BREAKING TACKLES.

We lost Adamson and Thommo early and held on until half time. Why Elliott then persisted to try and beat them up the ruck with 2 forwards gone is beyond me. We needed to throw caution to the wind (literally) and have a dig. We needed to run at crap defensive centres like Lolesi, not send Tongue up the ruck to get chewed up by O'Meley and Asotasi. I know it probably would have scared the living daylights out of our backs to touch the ball more than 3 times a game, but that was our only option. I sat there watching it all unfold, cursing the coach as usual.

Furthermore, we have been saying for years that our team can't cross the stripe. I cost us last week along with plenty of times in the past 2 years at least. My mate asked me at Sutton Forest why I believe we are so bad at scoring? My answer is the same as it has been for a long time - coaching. Here is a run down:
Elliott - Played as a forward
Matherson - Played as a forward
Collins - played at hooker
Furner - played in the 2nd row

Who is going to teach these guys how to create? I haven't lost faith but as with the previous years I put the blame squarely on Management for allowing us to have such poor coaching. Elliott is done and dusted in my book. I never lose passion or heart but boyo, it is certainly being tested.

legend

Coach
My apolgoes to the army for not coming over yesterday. I was given a freebie from a family member so I was obligated to sit in a different section.

woodgers

Bench
legend said:
My apolgoes to the army for not coming over yesterday. I was given a freebie from a family member so I was obligated to sit in a different section.

What Army? There were about 5 of us cursing at how far we were from the action and often debating which team was running in which direction. I would have prefered to sit anywhere else. We didn't even sing a song because we were too far from the players to be heard and the wind was against us.

chub

Juniors
What's happened to our creativity we used to have? The short kick offs to start the game, the cross field kicks in our own half like timmy smith?? Definately be a shock to the other team to see them pulled out compared to our current attack.

I dont think we can read too much into the loss yesterday. Losing Adamson and Thompson early on really meant that the Williams experiment failed, as we just ran out of steam. Quite impressed with Lomu though, I think he might become a decent regular...

seriously you guys cant expect to comepte in the 2nd half with half the bench available.
add that go forward and a couple of other properly rested players back into the mix and it'd have been a different story.

nice to see Ales debut, im watching this guy closely and expecting big things from him in the yrs to come. unfortunately he got no ball, but looked damaging when he did.

Latest posts