What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've said it for years

Burwood

Bench
They’d be just as successful as all the NRL players who have gone over to the NFL mid career. And the ones who don’t make it, have other leagues to play in that still earn them big dollars.

The only way I can see it happening is if we could somehow convince them to come over as 17-18 year olds to give them time to learn the game. But at that age they haven’t yet failed to make it in the NFL.

Maybe look to pilfer rugby sevens teams from around the world? Plenty of quality athletes like Miller who probably have some background in playing rugby league, or at least have less of a learning curve compared to an NFL player.

aqua_duck

Coach
They’d be just as successful as all the NRL players who have gone over to the NFL mid career. And the ones who don’t make it, have other leagues to play in that still earn them big dollars.

The only way I can see it happening is if we could somehow convince them to come over as 17-18 year olds to give them time to learn the game. But at that age they haven’t yet failed to make it in the NFL.

Maybe look to pilfer rugby sevens teams from around the world? Plenty of quality athletes like Miller who probably have some background in playing rugby league, or at least have less of a learning curve compared to an NFL player.
100%, once they’re in the college system they’ll be there for 5 years then probably spend a year or 2 trying to make a practice squad or bouncing around the CFL or XFL, by the time they’ve given up on the NFL dream they’ll be 26 or 27 years old and it’s just way too old to try to teach them the game from scratch. The basketball comparison is legit laughable

Latest posts