What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Izzy anyone?

DeeJ

Bench
Would definitely go for him. We don't really have a marquee player, we are short in backs and we only have one x-factor player.

Delboy

First Grade
The false economy that is the ARU will make it difficult if he and his manager are chasing $$$.

He should be playing at the Eels if it wasn't for that giant pelican Shoebox, good luck if you can get him

unbreaK

Juniors
"We're happy with what we've got"

That's the scariest thing I've seen Hook say this year.

But just imagine..

1) Folau
2) Yow Yeh (Kahu)
3) Hodges
4) Reed
5) Hoffman

Would be close to the most dangerous back 5 in the NRL.

Chainshada

Juniors
1) Folau
2) Kevin Naiqama
3) Hodges
4) Yow Yeh
5) Hoffman

With Reed filling in when either Yow Yeh or Hodges is injured/needs a week off (which knowing Hodges means he'll still play half the season). Reed moved back into the regulars when Hodges retires.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
nope. i dont like what he did last time. might be a good athlete, might have improved as a player (i have no idea if he has or hasnt) but he's purely a mercenary. might as well make a play for $bw if we're going to go down that pathway

i like the kevin naiqama idea though

beads6

First Grade
As much as we need his talent I think the asking price is too great for what he is. He is only interested in money and we can't afford to pay 750K on him when we need halves so badly.

Chainshada

Juniors
For the price Folau would want, we could probably get Gardner/Locke, Naiqama and possibly make Kane Evans ask for a release. Then all we'd need is to free up some cash for Milford at the end of next year. Which shouldn't be a problem after losing Prince/Wallace/Stagg and possibly Hodges to retirement.

unbreaK

Juniors
1 - Kevin Locke
2 - Kevin Naiqama
3 - Justin Hodges
4 - Jack Reed
5 - Josh Hoffman
6 - <Insert Five-Eighth Here>
7 - <Insert Halfback Here>
8 - Ben Hannant
9 - <Insert Hooker Here>
10 - Josh McGuire
11 - Alex Glenn
12 - Sam Thaiday
13 - Corey Parker (c)

14 - <Insert Utility Here>
15 - Matt Gillett
16 - Kane Evans
17 - David Hala

Potential.

Kiwi

First Grade
f**k some fans are annoying, 3 games and already people are ready to hang Hunt out to dry, FMD after all the hoopla about him not getting a chance.

Chainshada

Juniors
1) Nathan Gardner
2) Kevin Naiqama
3) Justin Hodges/Jack Reed (If Hodges is injured/retired)
4) Jharal Yow Yeh/Jack Reed (If Yow Yeh's not ready)
5) Josh Hoffman
6) Scott Prince/Peter Wallace (2015 Anthony Milford)
7) Ben Hunt (2016 Ashley Taylor depending on Hunt's performance)
8) Ben Hannant
9) Andrew McCullough (1 year solo hooker, if he can't take it, look elsewhere)
10) Josh McGuire
11) Alex Glenn
12) Sam Thaiday
13) Corey Parker (c)

14) Matt Gillett
15) Kane Evans
16) David Hala
17) Caleb Timu/Francis Molo

ggmu

Juniors
Have we been linked to Kevin Naiqama or just someone a lot of people want us to chase?

unbreaK

Juniors
1) Nathan Gardner
2) Kevin Naiqama
3) Justin Hodges/Jack Reed (If Hodges is injured/retired)
4) Jharal Yow Yeh/Jack Reed (If Yow Yeh's not ready)
5) Josh Hoffman
6) Scott Prince/Peter Wallace (2015 Anthony Milford)
7) Ben Hunt (2016 Ashley Taylor depending on Hunt's performance)
8) Ben Hannant
9) Andrew McCullough (1 year solo hooker, if he can't take it, look elsewhere)
10) Josh McGuire
11) Alex Glenn
12) Sam Thaiday
13) Corey Parker (c)

14) Matt Gillett
15) Kane Evans
16) David Hala
17) Caleb Timu/Francis Molo

I like the squad, but don't say too much about McCullough playing 80 minutes, nobody around here thinks he should be playing that many minutes.

unbreaK

Juniors
f**k some fans are annoying, 3 games and already people are ready to hang Hunt out to dry, FMD after all the hoopla about him not getting a chance.

I assume that was aimed at me, I still think Hunt has a future with the club, I was just reluctant to naming my 6/7/9/14 because a lot can change between now and 2014, retirement, new clubs, signings, etc.

Have we been linked to Kevin Naiqama or just someone a lot of people want us to chase?

Just speculation, haven't heard of any talks.

ggmu

Juniors
Ok thanks I think he would be a good signing and I thought I had missed all the talk haha

Kiwi

First Grade
I assume that was aimed at me, I still think Hunt has a future with the club, I was just reluctant to naming my 6/7/9/14 because a lot can change between now and 2014, retirement, new clubs, signings, etc.

Just speculation, haven't heard of any talks.
yeah because we are going to sign a new 6, 7, 9 and 14 on top of all those other wishful signings before 2014 starts.

unbreaK

Juniors
yeah because we are going to sign a new 6, 7, 9 and 14 on top of all those other wishful signings before 2014 starts.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just extremely slow... I never said <Anyone but Peter Wallace>.. I don't expect us to sign a single half before next season, I just refused to NAME which 6,7,9,14 I would have because I don't know who will be there at the start of 2014.. Is that clear enough for you?

Dazzat

First Grade
Does the club actually have a Recruitment Officer? If they do - what great benefits! 50 weeks holiday a year!

Latest posts