What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bosden

S.R.

Juniors
Bosden is playing for Wests in the Illawarra League. Playing 2nd Row.
Why???

Last edited:

squiddy

Juniors
I guess he can play in the Illawarra and be a Firey too , farkin waste if you ask me but if he is prone to dummy spits so be it

PJ

First Grade
A bit peeved at that. I'd say he will do very well over there, should have been for us though.

Anyone know the story?

Vossy

Bench
more then a bit peeved, scum way to ditch your last club to "apparently be a fireman" then end up at saint scum not long after but i wont believe it till i see it

Inferno

Coach
I'd say there was more to the story than that, he did leave a contract with the sharks to play park footy for the year, I doubt there was a "master plan" to sign with the Stains. Perhaps he was unhappy with the way the club treated him?

Anyone know more to this story?

Vossy

Bench
I'd say there was more to the story than that, he did leave a contract with the sharks to play park footy for the year, I doubt there was a "master plan" to sign with the Stains. Perhaps he was unhappy with the way the club treated him?

Anyone know more to this story?

i heard there was abit of a brew-ha-ha over which position he was going to play and crack the sh!ts

Vossy

Bench
guess who is now a stain...

St George Illawarra low key recruits start pre-season training
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26389944-5018866,00.html

With the spotlight having been on who's not playing for St George Illawarra in 2010, the NRL club's recruits have quietly had the first day on their new jobs.

Wendell Sailor is gone, Justin Poore and Chase Stanley likewise, but for Michael Greenfield, Junior Paulo, Peni Tagive and Jack Bosden life in the red and white is just beginning.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
ice-cream-scoop.gif

Stuff

Juniors
i heard there was abit of a brew-ha-ha over which position he was going to play and crack the sh!ts

Did you 'hear' it in this very thread?

Its true.
It boils down to the fact that he was being moulded into a prop and wanted to play in the backs and a happy medium couldnt be find between Jack and the coaching staff.
He has given up on footy altogether at this stage, but who knows how long this will last?

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Yep, started traing with the Dragons today

Originally Posted by mjk_898
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html

St George Illawarra low key recruits start pre-season training
By David Beniuk
November 23, 2009
With the spotlight having been on who's not playing for St George Illawarra in 2010, the NRL club's recruits have quietly had the first day on their new jobs.

Wendell Sailor is gone, Justin Poore and Chase Stanley likewise, but for Michael Greenfield, Junior Paulo, Peni Tagive and Jack Bosden life in the red and white is just beginning.

That Dragons coach Wayne Bennett is pinning his hopes on this year's squad getting better is clear from his low key recruitment.

Greenfield, 24, is a talented but injury-plagued prop who previously played for Cronulla Sharks and joins the Dragons from South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Paulo, 26, is a prop or second-rower from Parramatta, while big 21-year-old winger/centre Tagive joins from Wests Tigers and 20-year-old back-rower Bosden from the Sharks.

Tagive spent most of 2009 recovering from shoulder injury.

"I've got a personal goal to just get back on the field and get my body right ... I haven't had a full season since I was 17," Tagive said on Monday.

"I just want to get on the field and obviously I'll make new goals after that."

He will compete with the likes of New Zealand international Jason Nightingale for the wing spot vacated by the flamboyant Sailor, who announced his retirement earlier this month.

"I'm a bit shy, I'm not like Wendell," Tagive said.

But like the dual international, coach Bennett has already played a major role in Tagive's career.

"It's probably one of the main reasons why I came here," he said.

The Dragons began their pre-season with a gruelling fitness workout in Wollongong, with Bennett to start his second year at the helm when he returns next week.

New South Wales prop Poore has joined Parramatta and Stanley, the former schoolboy first-grader once considered a future Dragons star, has linked with Melbourne Storm.

Forward Mickey Paea has joined the Bulldogs while halfback Mathew Head's unfulfilled talent will now be on display as he captain/coaches Illawarra side Dapto.

gusdiddles

Juniors
i think he just thought being at a club that has terriable management and are prone to off field drama's and would stuggle to pay his salary and will be no more within the next 5 year would be a bad career choice oh and he might like to win one of these... a premership, so he made a logical choice and came to the dragons