What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I was actually having a rubbish day until this news came through now I can’t stop smiling. We’ve been skidding, heap of players out but now we’ve got the shot in the arm we needed.

Hope the boys fire up this Friday & restart our season.

BLM01

First Grade
I feel as if he will be so targeted that if he just breathes on a guy and he falls over he will cop a 5 week suspension. He will be baited so much by the opposition which will be a huge challenge for him.
No different to Matt Lodge
he was baited just as much

Morotti

Juniors
For what ?

It would be hard for him to prove a loss. He was paid his last contract in full. Then he received new and upgraded 4 year deal for even more money.

So realistically all he has missed out on is potentially origin payments. And the NRL would argue that he was not an automatic selection.

Morotti

Juniors
It still lingers in the air neither one way or the other. As in he was not found "not guilty" neither was he found "guilty", it was simply the jury in both cases could not decide one way or the other.

But for all involved and of course for our club, I hope everyone involved can move on.

I wonder how it will have affected Jack's footballing ability. If possible I would like to see him go around in NSW Cup this weekend. Not sure whether that is possible but would be good to get him right back in the saddle so to speak.

getsmarty

Immortal
generic_story_screens2.jpeg

CLUB NEWS

Dragons statement: Jack de Belin
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 27 May 2021, 02:59 PM
Share on social media
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecution (NSW) have advised that the Jack de Belin court matter will not proceed to a third trial.

The NRL have confirmed the imminent expiration of de Belin's no-fault stand down sanction.

"Today's outcome concludes a tumultuous period for all involved in the Jack de Belin matter," Dragons CEO Ryan Webb said.

"I wish to thank the support received by our partners, members and fans throughout this entire process."

The Dragons can also confirm that de Belin will remain at the club until at least the end of the 2023 season following the DPP's decision.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/05/27/dragons-statement-jack-de-belin/

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Glad it's finally all over.
Like all, i just hope the right outcome was reached but we have to trust the court process and the final outcome with no guilty verdict being found in not one but two trials. He was silly to put himself in that position to start with but will now have to carry that and own it.
Not sure how long it will be but surely he will need a few weeks in reserve grade before coming back.
Welcome back JDB

Dragon David

First Grade
It seems the legal system has run its course and was not able to prove guilt.

I hope Jack is able to put it behind him and he can get back to what he does best as soon as possible and he and Callum and the girl involved can move forward with their lives...
Yes exactly. Hopefully all three will be able to get back to what they can to lead a normal life after what would have been a very stressful period for all.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Hope he sues the f**k out of the NRL
He hasn’t been found not guilty ya dill...the jury was hung and couldn’t come to a verdict. Also, the NRL have their own lawyers so I’m pretty sure they’d have thought through the scenario before. And...he is probably sick of layers and court rooms, wouldn’t ya think? How much money has he already spent? I doubt he wants to push more of it into legal avenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.