What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

hewi

Bench
What was in it to make the now ex Police Officer lie under oath and perjure himself? What was there to gain? Did he have something against JDB and Sinclair to put them and their families through all the stress and dramas his lies created?

It’s normally operating procedure for the police and DPP they see themselves as judge, jury and executioner. In my sons case a police officer under cross examination admitted to signing a false statement as well as with holding evidence from us.

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s normally operating procedure for the police and DPP they see themselves as judge, jury and executioner. In my sons case a police officer under cross examination admitted to signing a false statement as well as with holding evidence from us.
Bloody hell, that was a bastard of a thing for that copper to do Hewi. Sorry to see that had happened to your son. Did everything work out OK under the circumstances?

hewi

Bench
Bloody hell, that was a bastard of a thing for that copper to do Hewi. Sorry to see that had happened to your son. Did everything work out OK under the circumstances?

Thank you. A trial with 2 not guilty and one guilty, a wonderful judge who couldn’t believe what happened and didn’t jail him, an appeal won in a slam dunk followed by a second trial with not guilty in 5 minutes. 6 years and $600,000. The system is a disgrace many people have had their lives destroyed by this crap.

justadragon

Bench
Thank you. A trial with 2 not guilty and one guilty, a wonderful judge who couldn’t believe what happened and didn’t jail him, an appeal won in a slam dunk followed by a second trial with not guilty in 5 minutes. 6 years and $600,000. The system is a disgrace many people have had their lives destroyed by this crap.
Sorry this happened mate, I'm assuming the policeman who signed the false declaration was duly dismissed

Dragon David

First Grade
Holy Mackerel. What an absolute terribly long time for you and your son to endure. So costly as well. I'm glad in the end it worked out though with winning the appeal which ultimately resulted in a not guilty verdict. I shudder to think how many lives have been destroyed through the police doing the wrong thing.

Are there any avenues of getting some of that money back and any retribution regarding the police officer?

Dragon David

First Grade
Very little, you can’t sue so we go to a costs hearing in August. If I’m lucky maybe $100,000 but it’s not easy.
I'm feeling for you Hewi as it just doesn't seem at all fair that you have to suffer as a consequence of someone else's "wrong doing". Anyway, good luck and I hope that you are successful in getting some of the money back.

Cheers and all the best. DD

enoughs enough.

Juniors
I know exactly how you feel hewi. Exactly!! What a disgrace, and that is our NSW detective service my friends. Like throwing lambs to the slaughter.

I know it happens everywhere but JDB, Su'a and recently Lomax playing out of their skin around contract negotiation time. That's the cynic in me but surely it is a factor. They are consistent and they are quality but seem to be going 110% just now.

The better clubs get these players to play up to their standard more often due to more motivation e.g. trophies while for the lesser clubs it's harder to sustain because they must feel they are so far from glory at times. We know how good our guys can be but do we see it enough?

justadragon

Bench
I know it happens everywhere but JDB, Su'a and recently Lomax playing out of their skin around contract negotiation time. That's the cynic in me but surely it is a factor. They are consistent and they are quality but seem to be going 110% just now.

The better clubs get these players to play up to their standard more often due to more motivation e.g. trophies while for the lesser clubs it's harder to sustain because they must feel they are so far from glory at times. We know how good our guys can be but do we see it enough?
I do get your point, but to me JDB is regularly at that top level, when the whole team capitulates well it probably becomes less notable.

kit66

Bench

I think these guys and others in our team are revelling in their position of having a quality coach for a change and some better quality players around them. Lomax has not just the "contract inspiration" but a bug up his arse with being moved to wing and was out to prove a point - although I think that's wearing off a little now he's signed with the Eels and talk of a possible Origin call up.

I'd be very disappointed if we let JDB go, it's players like him that add so much to a team - look at the old guys at the Dolphins, J&K Bromwich, Kafusi, Nichols and even Wallace, all over 32 and those guys are the basis for the Dolphins pack and a big part of the reason they're in the top 4, a great achievement. To lose a man of JDB's experience and enthusiasm especially given the sparse market for quality players would be a tragedy. He's got one and possibly two years left in him playing off the bench, we'll be hard pressed signing anyone better.