What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

Victoire

Juniors
Flanagan quotes in the Illawarra Mercury today

"I definitely want Jack here," Flanagan said when asked about de Belin.
"Whether he's here for one year, two years, three years, four years, that's up to Jack. Obviously the club's got a part to do with that, but playing good footy always helps.
"Being new coming into the club, I've challenged the playing group to challenge themselves and live up to new standards.
"Some of the players have been here for a long period of time and we haven't had success. We've got to look at that. Do I have to change the people within the organisation?
"I'm giving them every opportunity to make sure that they want to be here, they're the right people to be here, who are going to take this club forward, win football games, play semi-finals and so on.
"I won't be rushed into those things. I like to think we're really close [with Sloan], we saw Jaydn Su'A on the weekend [get re-signed].
"I'd like to think in time they all get ticked off."

Dragon David

First Grade
Things are not looking great on player retention/recruitment. If JDB goes it will be what it is and he and a few others have not got us anywhere near finals regularly. We are a sorry lot as our reputation is not great at the moment and Flanno might not have the answers.

When your team gets flogged several times in a season which hasn't gone past the halfway point, you know that there are massive problems - we just don't have the players who can dictate a game week in and out. On a good day we can win but on a bad day, we lose by plenty and that just shows how our resilience to overcome set backs is poor. We lose by a couple of converted tries is not too bad.

I'm seeing that the big clean out by the Dogs and signing everything bar the kitchen sink is working out for them. We NEED to clean out our junk and get upgrades quick smart.

TIME FOR A MASSIVE CLEAN OUT.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree with what you are saying Dragon David.
A few young blokes putting their hands up in the KOE Cup team.
Young Finau onto the wing, and both Couchman brothers into the first grade squad would be a good starting point.
Yes, it is now the time for Flanno to bite the bullet and create something for the future and bring in some younger players who just might have the energy to last out in games. We will have Hunt gone to SOO and Bird and Sele (injury prone player if there was one) injured. Lomax and Su'A I don't think will make SOO. Lomax to go bck to Centre to replace Bird and Finau or Tamale to go on the wing. One or maybe both of the Couchman brothers to come in.

A big game coming up against the Panthers next week.

TheRev

First Grade
JDB is definetly worth keeping on a year to year basis if he is moved into the prop rotation. Thats the area we need boosting and as it's starting to look like we won't be recruiting a big name, JDB becomes a keeper.
Thats the deal thats currently on the table for him.. I thought he was close to agreeing to that, but now im not so sure.. seems like hes considering his options.

Latest posts